+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Improved Moddability

+1 to all

making any_character and random_character to work (they're defined in the exe file but doesn't work). There is no way right now to target all characters in the game. (Link to proper thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarine View Post
    - A way to check your/enemy tactics during combat
    For triggers, I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by -Rodri- View Post
    +1 to all

making any_character and random_character to work (they're defined in the exe file but doesn't work). There is no way right now to target all characters in the game. (Link to proper thread.)
    Added.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

AI Programmer Paradox Dev Team Wiz's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I'll sign off on all of this. I'd also really like a way to destroy holdings via a command, and to build them in a suitable free slot in a province instead of having to specifically target a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    I'll sign off on all of this. I'd also really like a way to destroy holdings via a command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.
    Added to the list.
    Last edited by Meneth; 10-05-2012 at 02:04.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

AI Programmer Paradox Dev Team Wiz's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

One more: A way to set a trait as non-valid for random traits, so you don't end up with 2-year old crusaders in 1066.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Province decisions (coding random_demesne_province is a pain)

Modifiers for realms and dynasties

Quote Originally Posted by RedRooster81 View Post
    Province decisions (coding random_demesne_province is a pain)

Modifiers for realms and dynasties
    Added to the list. BTW, you should check out the modding IRC (link in my signature). It's getting somewhat active now.

Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

I got registered, thanks. And before I forget, setting province and (less necessarily) character modifiers in the history files. Opinion modifiers in history/characters would be good, too.

It is a pain right now to set up economic and political modifiers which has become popular thanks to apg's work and now my own modest contribution.

So I do things like this:

Instead of:

1066.1.1 = {
    add_province_modifier = royal_domain
    }

Emperor Demi Moderator Marconius's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonland
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IVMagicka: Wizard Wars Starter Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Two things I'd like to see, both in regards to portraits.

- Make it so that dna slots can contain any number of options, not just 27, limited by the alphabet. This would basically require that dna -not- be coded as a "one character - one slot" thing, but that's not really a huge issue.
    - Make it so that modders can add additional dna or property slots as they please. The game should be able to process these properly, there's really no reason why the number for slots has to be hardcoded.

Everyonce in a long while comes a thread in which no person could or should argue and this is one of them. While CK2 is already alot more moddable than some old Paradox titles and despite the fact they've exported things to defines in patches which I did not expect them to, there is still room for improvement and absolutely no reason not to go there.

Moddability is very cheap to implement compared to most features and goes a long way towards pleasing the core players. I'm all for it.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'll sign, better moddability is always good.
    "Moral issues are always terribly complex for someone without principles." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by RedRooster81 View Post
    I got registered, thanks. And before I forget, setting province and (less necessarily) character modifiers in the history files. Opinion modifiers in history/characters would be good, too.

It is a pain right now to set up economic and political modifiers which has become popular thanks to apg's work and now my own modest contribution.

So I do things like this:

Instead of:

1066.1.1 = {
    add_province_modifier = royal_domain
    }
    Quote Originally Posted by Marconius View Post
    Two things I'd like to see, both in regards to portraits.

- Make it so that dna slots can contain any number of options, not just 27, limited by the alphabet. This would basically require that dna -not- be coded as a "one character - one slot" thing, but that's not really a huge issue.
    - Make it so that modders can add additional dna or property slots as they please. The game should be able to process these properly, there's really no reason why the number for slots has to be hardcoded.
    Added to the list.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I can't seem to add more terrain textures than 16, and I suspect it's hardcoded because no matter what I wrote in the terrain.txt and how I expanded atlas0 I get the same amount of textures, 16.

So, this fixed would allow for some less limited maps all around.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRĘ - Shields / Map

Added to the list.

CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

- A way to check your/enemy tactics during combat

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    For triggers, I assume?
    Yes for trigger or modifiers so if enemy got an archer base tactic you have more chance to have a defensive tactics against archers.

To continu with combat :
    - Ability to change a tactic by events
    - Ability to create new phases (manoeuvers for instance)

Added to the list.

This game really is a strong return to form for Paradox, allowing people more modding control only works in their favour. +1

Quote Originally Posted by knuckey View Post
    got another one: Title flags, that is has_title_flag, clr_title_flag & set_title_flag.
    Added.

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

+1

I just hope this dosent get ignored
    A Game of Thrones - Total conversion mod.
    Modding Team Member aka Oga / Ogaburan.

F.A.S.T - Forgable Alternative Sword Themes SumMod for AGOT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast