+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Improved Moddability

Two part request for cultures.txt
    1. Export as a separate folder with individual files for each culture group.
    2. Add a new "surnames" section for each culture. This would provide surnames for any randomly generated characters. Allow them to be linked to other culture surnames like given names are currently, since some surnames are found in multiple cultures, but spelled differently.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult

+1 to the lovely list, now if only...
    All gifts are edged....

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

+1, more moddability would be great

Quote Originally Posted by duinnin View Post
    Two part request for cultures.txt
    1. Export as a separate folder with individual files for each culture group.
    2. Add a new "surnames" section for each culture. This would provide surnames for any randomly generated characters. Allow them to be linked to other culture surnames like given names are currently, since some surnames are found in multiple cultures, but spelled differently.
    Added to the list.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The ability to divide random CoA's into cultures instead of religions only.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRÆ - Shields / Map

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Ah, no you cannot change those specifically AFAIK. You can only change movement speed on a per-terrain basis.
    Added to the list.
    Would the "export holding-level modifiers" cover things like province tech levels, and per-province terrain-related transit times? I'm working on an Abyssinia mod and would like to modify provincial tech values for game start, as well as transit time penalties in owned mountainous provinces (e.g., 10-20% penalty over plains/desert/"normal" for your armies [and maybe for allies], while keeping current transit penalties for invaders or reducing them only slightly).

Overall, though, an excellent set of proposals. Another +1 here.

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Keanon View Post
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Keanon View Post
    Added.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Quote Originally Posted by James The 1st View Post
    I'll sign, better moddability is always good.
    I'd love to see more mod-ability, too. But I wonder if all that flexibility might have some negative performance impact.

Hey Meneth, I think you forgot to include my suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Velho e Bom Joe View Post
    Hey Meneth, I think you forgot to include my suggestions
    Added as a link now.

Loving some of the proposals.

I would like more control over demesne limit. The current system is rather passive. Maybe make it so that it's influencable by character modifiers?

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

It would be great if there would be ability to make new succession law (as I heard now it is impossible). If so, we could make a HRE mod to make only people with certain traits (elector) could vote for new Emperor.
    Nationality: Ashkenazi
    Religion: Judaist
    Ideology: Anarcho-Liberal
    Issues: Laissez-faire/Full Citizenship/Pacifism/Pluralism
    Current Work: Fighting for freedom
    Militancy: 5 (+ 0.2)
    Consciousness: 9 (+ 0.2)

אֶרֶץ יִשְׂרָאֵל- The mod about Israel

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

great petition, meneth.

I would ask to add more capability to defining conditions for creating/usurping titles; many triggers do not seem to work
    Also the ability to check whether a title is the de jure liege of another title, (as opposed to is_de_jure_liege only working for characters)

Ability to add ports to coastal provinces that aren't connected to mediterranean sea provinces. I found a way to add ports but only by connecting the caspian/red seas to mediterranean. (ghetto)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Hokibukisa View Post
    Ability to add ports to coastal provinces that aren't connected to mediterranean sea provinces. I found a way to add ports but only by connecting the caspian/red seas to mediterranean. (ghetto)
    Someone mentioned elsewhere that the game really works only with interconnected sea zones, so you would have to connect the Red Sea and its connected zones to the Mediterranean.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

+1 , great idea!

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the Throne
    MagickaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Possibility to add conditions to de jure drift to make it dynamic on culture/religions/crown autority and such...
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface a CoA and Interface mod.
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 30 ... LastLast