• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Meneth

Crusader Kings 3 Programmer
153 Badges
Feb 9, 2011
www.paradoxwikis.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
This is meant simply as a set of suggestions for Paradox that would make it easier to mod the game. Some of the suggestions are rather far-fetched, as feasibility is usually not judged when adding to the list. Further suggestions to the list would be appreciated.
While the game is already one of the most moddable games on the market, there are areas where it could be further improved. The suggestions are categorized to make the list easier to read. Beyond that it is in no particular order.

The list itself is located on the wiki: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding_suggestions
Additions to it can be done directly, but ideas can be discussed here. It is recommended to post in this thread whenever one adds to the list.

Last edited:
Reactions:
+1, obviously.

I can't think of anything except I'd like the third colour of the random CoA fixed. It doesn't follow the rules you set in the Coat_of_arms.txt for some reason.

Added another suggestion:
Add the ability to set at what level CoA randomization starts. Currently you can either randomize all CoAs, or just baronies. I would for example like to leave county CoAs for muslims random, while using the flag-files for duchies, kingdoms, and empires

What can I say?
Thanks for the initiative!

and worth repeating:
This is meant simply as a set of suggestions for Paradox that would make it easier to mod the game. Further suggestions to the list would be appreciated.
While the game is already one of the most moddable games on the market, there are areas where it could be further improved. My suggestions are as follows, in no particular order:

• Export the chance of death from old age into defines
  • Export the onset of old age into defines
  • Export the chance of death from disease into defines
  • Export the multipliers and maxes for opinion from prestige and piety to defines
  • Export the diplomacy weights to defines, or even better, make it scriptable

• Break up the localization files by topic. It'd make it much easier to find what you're looking for
  • Add the ability to set at what level CoA randomization starts. Currently you can either randomize all CoAs, or just baronies. I would for example like to leave county CoAs for muslims random, while using the flag-files for duchies, kingdoms, and empires
  • In conjunction with the above, being able to set barony CoAs would be nice

I can't think of anything except I'd like the third colour of the random CoA fixed. It doesn't follow the rules you set in the Coat_of_arms.txt for some reason.

+1

I would add :
The ability to add sttuff to dynasties file in seprate files like characters history files f.e.

What about being able to edit infant mortality rates? Sorry if this is already possible but I haven't found it or heard about it.

What about being able to edit infant mortality rates? Sorry if this is already possible but I haven't found it or heard about it.

Wiz essentially has that in CK2+ I believe? Or a workaround for it essentially. Feels like they die more often in it anyways.

+1 for the Muslim CoA especially, that annoys me to no end!

He made them more likely to get sick was the workaround I BELIEVE. ask him in his thread though. Don't want to divert this one too much

as i have been/am currently doing alot of modding based around buildings and provinces i would love to see:

-modifiers purely related to baronial holdings
-the ability to create new holding types
-the ability to be able to have event triggers related to baronial things, such as amount of income a barony makes etc.

thats just from the top of my head.

Wiz essentially has that in CK2+ I believe? Or a workaround for it essentially. Feels like they die more often in it anyways.

+1 for the Muslim CoA especially, that annoys me to no end!

What about being able to define familial relationships? I want my brothers to hate each other by my grandmother to love me!

as i have been/am currently doing alot of modding based around buildings and provinces i would love to see:

-modifiers purely related to baronial holdings
-the ability to create new holding types
-the ability to be able to have event triggers related to baronial things, such as amount of income a barony makes etc.

thats just from the top of my head.
I'll add it all.

Reactions:
+1 to all :D

- random_traits=no in character history files
- the ability to set a character's dynasty shield as their primary gfx to appear on screen

+1 to all :D

- random_traits=no in character history files
- the ability to set a character's dynasty shield as their primary gfx to appear on screen
Added.
Also, you and any other modders in here should come to the CKII Modding IRC channel linked in my signature ;)