• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, If that was the burst setting I suggested in the other thread. why is the gun on the F-35, SU-35, Gripen, etc, etc still showing 180 rounds? Also, I think 20 burst is still too much. you can empty 180 round in 3 seconds, even a good pilot will have problem keeping the burst to under 1/3 second so I think 10 bursts is more realistic.

Ok, If that was the burst setting I suggested in the other thread. why is the gun on the F-35, SU-35, Gripen, etc, etc still showing 180 rounds? Also, I think 20 burst is still too much. you can empty 180 round in 3 seconds, even a good pilot will have problem keeping the burst to under 1/3 second so I think 10 bursts is more realistic.

Yes, this is true.
But , there is also "burst setting" high/low, in Falcon (F16) for example, where you can select rounds per minute setting
(not really correct numbers, but you get the picture) 2000 rpm or 6000 rpm.

So in "low" position, you could have 15-20 bursts, depends on depressed time.
But that also means that you create smaller "cloud" (dispersion) of bullets, and fewer hits. You would have to aim better :).

Also, there is no 1/3 sec bursts, more likely 1 sec - 1.5 sec, ... you get in the plane of movement with target (for airborne, on his six), press and hold trigger, gently pull up the stick, so you "rip" the target, shot from (below) his "ass", up to his nose. Anyway chances are, about 1/10 rounds or less will hit.

No arguing, just my experience from flight sims. :)

Cheers