• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

31ric

Question is.
I am King of Sicily (and only it). I am independent. De Jure Sicily is part of ERE. Ok. I got whole Africa, Jerusalem. Some of kingdoms aren't fully conquered. So i am waiting for those to become titular before creating. Thing is that some duchies of Africa became de jure of Sicily 100 years after conquering. But why the hell i am still part of ERE. And because of it those duchies of Africa also became part of ERE :)
1.05e o_O No mods except for invasion fix by myself

because no other empire has assimilated the Kingdom of Sicily (you'd have to be assimilated into the HRE in order to not be de jure part of ERE)

btw, you can take your king of Africa/Jerusalem titles, and as long as you keep Sicily as your primary title, those duchies will still be assimilated into Sicily

Hm. What if i make my primary title not Sicily, but anything else which is not de jure part of any HRE or ERE?
This is stupid somehow. Like you can assimilate territories in, but cant out. And those guys in ERE will hate me for Sicily title until i conquer em :(

Hm. What if i make my primary title not Sicily, but anything else which is not de jure part of any HRE or ERE?

If you assimilate the entire Kingdom of Sicily into a Kingdom that does not have a de jure emperor.... then yes, but Sicily will become a titular title

Another question.
I am king and conquered new whole duchy. So it stared to assimilate into my kingdom. Kingdom is independent from anything.
Then few years later i become emperor. To be clear i made Latin Empire (Didn't want to usurp Byzantine, because i don't like it's color ^_^. Rest of emperor's lvl rank i left for future). So it's new Empire which has nothing de jure.
What will happen to that duchy? Will it assimilate to both kingdom and empire or will only to one of em kingdom/empire? I am asking because there are quite of kingdoms which will become titular. And since new conquered duchy is part of another kingdom i have no idea that kingdom could become titular too (if duchy will not be assimilated by my kingdom).

Another question.
I am king and conquered new whole duchy. So it stared to assimilate into my kingdom. Kingdom is independent from anything.
Then few years later i become emperor. To be clear i made Latin Empire (Didn't want to usurp Byzantine, because i don't like it's color ^_^. Rest of emperor's lvl rank i left for future). So it's new Empire which has nothing de jure.
What will happen to that duchy? Will it assimilate to both kingdom and empire or will only to one of em kingdom/empire? I am asking because there are quite of kingdoms which will become titular. And since new conquered duchy is part of another kingdom i have no idea that kingdom could become titular too (if duchy will not be assimilated by my kingdom).

How did you create the Latin Empire?

De jure empire drift is implemented all wrong. It ought to work just like Kingdom drift but on a different level. If a duchy stays part of an empire for 100 years, it's in. If it's out for 100 years, it's out.

There was no reason to connect empire drift to king titles instead of duchy titles -- it's a bad system.

De jure empire drift is implemented all wrong. It ought to work just like Kingdom drift but on a different level. If a duchy stays part of an empire for 100 years, it's in. If it's out for 100 years, it's out.

There was no reason to connect empire drift to king titles instead of duchy titles -- it's a bad system.

Actually, Empires cannot have duchies as de jure vassals at all, so connecting the empire drift to duchies would not work. Every title can only have titles that are one step lower as de jure vassals.

So will it drift together? Duchy can't be part of empire w/o being part of some kingdom. So if it will drift to empire, then it also should drift to my kingdom. This is as i understand it. Game does not support such a thing as independent duchy. County is part of Duchy. Duchy is part of Kingdom. But duchy can't be part of Empire and be at same time part of Kingdom which is not part of Empire. Only if Kingdom is part of Empire too. landed_titles.txt shows this system pretty good. No idea if it's logical, but game description doesn't allow to exist independent duchy or being part of 2 things at same time (de jure).

Think that this is actually answer on my question. Thanks for post. Could't get to this by myself :)

I actually like the way it works now!