Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Salem Client] BDSaleM by APXEOLOG

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I listed this thread in gameplay section in the sticky. I also left a note on using this at own risk, as Pdox clearly cannot take any responsibility. Please let me know if you want the link removed.
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules

yeah we need to fix the animal icons i cant figure out how but was trying on my own
    hoping this client is updated
    Last edited by Vuldan_Ironhand; 13-06-2012 at 03:26.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    Unpack into "res" folder near to your jnlp file.

Quote Originally Posted by Letar View Post
    I listed this thread in gameplay section in the sticky. I also left a note on using this at own risk, as Pdox clearly cannot take any responsibility. Please let me know if you want the link removed.
    We're going to need to address this at some point. Having a crude "approved" client with incredibly advanced and "unapproved" special clients can't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenless View Post
    We're going to need to address this at some point. Having a crude "approved" client with incredibly advanced and "unapproved" special clients can't last forever.
    I agree, the TOS states its against the rules. We have a thin line here we are walking. Hopefully this can get a final answer to this ambiguously disconcerting patch of approval.
    Remember you're not strange, but you are not the same, man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    I agree, the TOS states its against the rules. We have a thin line here we are walking. Hopefully this can get a final answer to this ambiguously disconcerting patch of approval.
    I don't believe there are TOS for Salem right now, only the forums (and that doesn't cover game clients, but it would cover hack attempts on other accounts). Modded clients are fully approved of by the devs (The client side code was handed out to Apx and Enders by loftar). I do believe there's even a quote somewhere in the forums where brother bean said so himself, but I forget where it was. Bots are definitely a "don't talk about it" and "not allowed". But as far as I've ever seen from Jorbtar, they probably won't ban people over bot use. Mostly because people botting a game aspect means the aspect can be redesigned to de-incentivise botting, which is far cheaper and more effective at combating bot related problems.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by TheMap View Post
    So posts by BjornB and TotallyMoo aren't a definitive enough answer?

edit: I do agree that specific rules need to be laid out of for where lines are drawn and the devs and GM team are going to need to be willing to enforce those lines.

52 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    So posts by BjornB and TotallyMoo aren't a definitive enough answer?

edit: I do agree that specific rules need to be laid out of for where lines are drawn and the devs and GM team are going to need to be willing to enforce those lines.
    This is one of the subjects we currently have up for discussion. Right now our statements stand and of course there will be no retroactive measures taken if we decide to rule against it. When money comes into the picture and is linked with the Salem acct. it might be come an issue.

But the future will tell us!
    Join the official War Franchise IRC here.
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

Lord Stein the Rook [GBS]: "You have a castle as a crest to house the people in your head."

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenless View Post
    I don't believe there are TOS for Salem right now, only the forums (and that doesn't cover game clients, but it would cover hack attempts on other accounts). Modded clients are fully approved of by the devs (The client side code was handed out to Apx and Enders by loftar). I do believe there's even a quote somewhere in the forums where brother bean said so himself, but I forget where it was. Bots are definitely a "don't talk about it" and "not allowed". But as far as I've ever seen from Jorbtar, they probably won't ban people over bot use. Mostly because people botting a game aspect means the aspect can be redesigned to de-incentivise botting, which is far cheaper and more effective at combating bot related problems.
    I am not sure but at one point the custom client thing was brought up before. I found this in the TOS.

A) You are granted a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to access the Site and use, for non-commercial purposes only, the Service, provided that you do not, and do not allow any third party to:

Modify, copy, reproduce, broadcast, republish, sell, resell, exploit, reverse engineer (except to the extent permitted by law), disassemble, create derivative works or distribute in any way any portion of the Site or any materials provided in the Service, including, but not limited to design and materials including all text, still and motion video, audio and audio visual materials, artwork, graphics, code and / or software (including within any Game) and all other copyrightable elements (the “Content”);
    Not sure if this includes the Salem client but it does say "code and / or software (including within any Game)". Honestly I enjoy the custom clients. And knowing that retroactive measures (if this does indeed turn into no custom clients) will not be enforced I am fine either way.
    Remember you're not strange, but you are not the same, man.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

This is a thread for apx client. If you want to talk about 3rd party clients in general make a new topic and stop spamming here.
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    Did Kerrigan's answer help you? I got some PM's with same question.

I will try to update client with new features and all current fixes. I have some problems with free time because of Diablo 3, you know

About custom clients: atm devs are focuses on server side more then on client one. I don't know about real state of development but as i know loftar develop both client and server by himself. He hasn't got enough time to play Salem that's why he doesn't know what kind of interface and client features players really need. If paradox will perform real development of client (with interface prototyping, focus groups, testing etc) i think there will be no needs of custom clients.

As for current situation: I think we should have some restricts for custom clients, like: no bots, no stealing of personal data, maybe some other rules. If this rules are passed it is ok to use custom client. But in this case we should have some group of people who will approve clients and so on.

i unpacked the folder and its been next to my jnlp file in my bdsalem folder for days it doesnt show me the new gfx update am i missing something>?

edit
    okay i figured it out you have to change the name of the custom res folder to just be res and then have it next to your jnlp file iun yer bdsalem folder and it will then work
    if you use a shortcut to launch and not the jnlp you need a res folder next to your shortcut or it wont work as well
    thanks for the help apex looking forward to updates
    Last edited by Vuldan_Ironhand; 15-06-2012 at 18:34.

You directory should looks like:

bdsalem\
    - bdsalem.jnlp
    - res\
    -- gfx\
    -- paginae\

So you can unpack Sacre's addon into bdsalem folder and rename "custom_res" to "res"

It would be nice if you could change marker to a smaller one. It's a red dot, hard to miss anyway, no need to be a size of both my houses on minimap.

How i can make chat font some bigger? Now i'ts very small

There will be new chat in next version... You will able to configure it

Is there a way so that the mini map doesnt reset each time you log on? I have wondered forever and want to get back to my home but have no way of finding it because the map reset.

From what i understand everytime u restart ur client, teleport, or leave a house, the server sends u random coordinates so you can't retain the minimap. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

any way I can get to town or home without losing all my stuff in my inventory?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast