+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Single Player Campaign

Nothing better than moving in for a melee kill on someone in NW and then seeing them do a sideways block. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tharsonius View Post
    I'm only playing single player, I guess I have to skip this one (still playing Warband...).
    Indeed - and judging by the forums over at Talesworlds (70.000 posts in a singleplayer mod section) there are a LOT of people who enjoy Singleplayer. I am unsure whether the developers reads this, but if they do, there is a large costumer group there in case you are interested ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by razgon View Post
    Indeed - and judging by the forums over at Talesworlds (70.000 posts in a singleplayer mod section) there are a LOT of people who enjoy Singleplayer. I am unsure whether the developers reads this, but if they do, there is a large costumer group there in case you are interested ;-)
    Maybe they have a different target audience in mind for WotR.

Sure - I'm just saying that they are going for M&B players (As can be seen in the game itself) so why not grab them all instead of just half? Thats twice the income which surely must be nice ;-)

Its not like anyone is saying a singleplayer part will be a bad addition, is it? Perhaps it could be some DLC if MP is focus right now?

I don't think Taleworlds intended warband to be a very large MP based game, seeing as the original M&B was only SP and the whole MP in warband was just a little thing added later in the sequel + M&B brought over all its SP player base over to warband.
    Unlike Fatshark who are basically doing this solely MP, so it should attract a much larger MP audience (I hope) and not really need to have much of a SP game mode

Also the whole single player side getting so many posts is sort of irrelevant because you can't compare the two in terms of posts seeing as you don't need much more than a download, bug report, suggestions, maybe clans for MP and even less for native seeing as there are only MP tournament and clans threads for that. While in SP you need all of the above except clans and more, such as screenshots, lore, balance, and even RP such as the RP community in Prophecy of Pendor and MP wise there doesn't really have to be a lot said apart from maybe the latest update or tournament announcement etc
    Last edited by Rojen; 14-05-2012 at 17:43.

Obviously we can't force the developers to go in the direction any of us personally would like. Hell, if I could do that, I'd have them turn all the horses into Tie-Fighters, and the towns into space and call it Tie Fighter 2 ;-)

All I really wanted was to raise a hand, wave it at the devs and let them know that hey - There is a large fanbase out there that enjoy the Singleplayer aspects of M&B and consider adding them to the potential customer list.

Lead Programmer
    Fatshark

Obviously we can't force the developers to go in the direction any of us personally would like. Hell, if I could do that, I'd have them turn all the horses into Tie-Fighters, and the towns into space and call it Tie Fighter 2 ;-)
    If you get the license, I'll make the game. That game so needs to be made I just need to time travel to when there still were good analog joysticks for less than €300

Quote Originally Posted by Robin. View Post
    If you get the license, I'll make the game. That game so needs to be made I just need to time travel to when there still were good analog joysticks for less than €300
    Don't tempt me! I know people! Sadly I think the license is next to impossible to get, but you are absolutely right.

Perhaps we can mod it into your game? ;-)

Lead Programmer
    Fatshark

Perhaps we can mod it into your game? ;-)
    Just fasten two black t-shaped wings on the sides of a horse and have a squire running behind doing the signature tie fighter fly-by sound and blaster sound effects

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Robin. View Post
    Just fasten two black t-shaped wings on the sides of a horse and have a squire running behind doing the signature tie fighter fly-by sound and blaster sound effects
    It shall immediately double as a Monty Python cover!
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Don't forget the coconuts!
    "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." Oscar Wilde

Personally, it's always been the pvp aspect of online games that have kept me hooked, i don't get a sense of accomplishment from beating down a computer, and losing to one is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by darklegionary View Post
    Personally, it's always been the pvp aspect of online games that have kept me hooked, i don't get a sense of accomplishment from beating down a computer, and losing to one is even worse.
    Too true.

Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by darklegionary View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather have them spend only the absolute minimum amount of time on singeplayer and work on multiplayer the other 99% of their time.
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm with the OP - the Multiplayer aspect of the game holds no appeal at all for me, but the game is otherwise so appealing that I'll probably end up getting it just for the SP aspect. I therefore hope that the SP campaign is both random enough and moddable enough for replayability.

Pretty please?
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

I'm impressed! I thought my join date was early but 2001! Thats a long time ago!

Anyways, yeah - I really hope so as well. I guess we'll see once more info releases.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm impressed! I thought my join date was early but 2001! Thats a long time ago!
    Oh, I'm not the 'senior', by any means...

Anyways, yeah - I really hope so as well. I guess we'll see once more info releases.
    That's about it - though what info there is so far doesn't fill me full of a whole lot of hope.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Rome GoldSword of the StarsRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

I'd like to see a co-op mode where you can play with your friends.

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmerchant View Post
    I'd like to see a co-op mode where you can play with your friends.
    I love co-op. It's my favourite mode in any game. Though I never liked Warbands/M&B singleplayer very much. Never played it for long. Always got bored of it too soon.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

It looks like the sort of game where the "singleplayer" is you fighting against pre-set bots on multiplayer maps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast