+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ** Warlock: Master of the Arcane FAQ and System Requirements **

Community Manager Administrator BjornB's Avatar
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries

** Warlock: Master of the Arcane FAQ and System Requirements **

Hello friends,

Here are the answers to some questions that you may have now that the time to master the Arcane arts is upon us.

Q1: What is Warlock: Master of the Arcane?
    A1: Warlock: Master of the Arcane is a new turned-based strategy game set in the fantastical world of Ardania, popularized in Majesty franchise. Warlock: Master of the Arcane invites players to take on the role of the Great Mage and build a powerful magical empire, giving mightly mages the ability to control armies and wield magic to wage war against another, as they compete with other wizards for the title of Warlock.

Q2: When is Warlock: Master of the Arcane released?
    A2: It is released the 8th of May 2012

Q3: How do I buy Warlock: Master of the Arcane?
    A3: You can find links to our retailers here!

Q4: Is there a demo I can try?
    A4: Yes, there is a demo available through steam. We recommend you try the demo first to make sure the game runs properly on your machine before purchasing it.

Q5: I have purchased and started the game... What do I do now? How do I make things perish in flames?
    A5: You can always be that guy that reads the manual. It can be downloaded here!
    There is also a beginners guide in PDF format.
    This tutorial video may also be helpful to get you started if you are lost to begin with.
    A nice AAR put together by our own 2Coats if you seek more inspiration.
    For entertainment, see Fred (CEO of Paradox Interactive) get beaten by the AI in a archived livestream from 2012-04-26 (twitch.tv)

Q6: I purchased the game but it won't run properly!
    A6: Make sure your computer meets the system requirements (see below) and post your issues in the technical support forums.

Q7: I can't see the technical support forums!
    A7: You should register the game using the CD-key or, in some cases, the special forum key provided by your specific retailer or steam. If you purchased the game through another retailer you can still register your CD-key with steam and you should be able to retrieve the key from there.

Q8: I can't register my Warlock: Master of the Arcane CD-key here at the forums!
    A8: Are you using the correct key? In some cases a separate key for the forum is provided. See A7 above.

Q9: What are the system requirements?
    A9: They are listed at the very bottom of this post.

Q10: Does Warlock: Master of the Arcane have a multiplayer option?
    A10: Yes, it was added with patch 1.2 but is still in beta version.

Q11: Is there any wikis available?
    A11: Yeah, here is one at least.

Q12: Does the game run with Windows XP?
    A12: Windows XP is not supported and we can not guarantee it working. There are however many players using said OS and got it working so check the forums for help if you experience problems.

Follow Warlock: Master of the Arcane on:
    Homepage - http://www.warlockmasterofthearcane.com/
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/WarlockMasteroftheArcane
    Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Warlockthegame

Links (again):

Where to buy the game: http://www.warlockmasterofthearcane.com/buy
    Demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203630/
    Game manual: http://www.warlockmasterofthearcane....ds/game-manual
    Beginners guide: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...chmentid=53810
    Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=snbuxjVbcmQ
    AAR by 2Coats: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...the-Arcane-AAR
    Archived twitch.tv live stream with Fred Wester: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/316236708
    Wiki: http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Perks

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR WARLOCK: MASTER OF THE ARCANE

Minimum system requirements
    Operating system: Windows vista, Windows 7
    Processor: Dual Core CPU
    Memory: 2 Gb
    Hard disk space: 4 Gb
    Video: GeForce GT240 512Mb or comparable
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
    Controller support: keyboard, mouse

Recommended system requirements
    Operating system: Windows 7
    Processor: Quad Core CPU
    Memory: 4 Gb
    Hard disk space: 4 Gb
    Video: GeForce GTX460 1Gb or comparable
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
    Controller support: keyboard, mouse
    You can always check out my reborn twitter attempt: @BjornB_pdx - it kind of sucks though. But sometimes there is interesting/useful info there

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

At Gamersgate it says you need a 3rd party download and an account. Is that steam ?

EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    That is correct
    You can always check out my reborn twitter attempt: @BjornB_pdx - it kind of sucks though. But sometimes there is interesting/useful info there

I have a Geforce 9800 GT. The demo seemed to run OK. Am I safe for the full version? The rest of the system is an Intel 2.4 Gb Quad-core with 4 GB RAM running 32-bit Vista.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you meet the system requirements and if the demo runs fine I can't see why it wouldn't.

Hoi 2 Beta

For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Does it works on Windows XP?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenalex View Post
    Does it works on Windows XP?
    XP is not supported officially. Many people are still playing it with XP however, but we can not guarantee it working though.

If you are having problems with it many people here in the forums deviced workarounds for the issues that has been discovered.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Hi!
    Did the game runs on ATI video cards?
    If yes, what kind of requirments for that card is?

Running XP and videocard Sapphire HD5450'
    The only problem I have is the cursor. A black square i.s.o. an arrow.
    Any body ideas how to solve that?

Quote Originally Posted by AvG View Post
    i have exactly same problem, windows 7, 64bit, amd HD6970..

Blog Entries
    This issue happened when I set up streaming of the game through xsplit once upon a time. It only happened when I captured the game and disappeared when I captured the screen instead. I honestly have no idea what that means, but someone else might? Anyway, I would start by making sure your directx and graphic drivers are up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by AvG View Post
    Hey guys,

Did you manage to solve the issue? I just bought the game and everything seems to work except for the black square as mouse cursor. I downloaded the demo before I bought and there was no problem in the demo. I am currently running Vista.

Thanks

WATLAH ! Paradox Support Rep
    61 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of War

Start by updating your video driver. If that doesn't help post full details in the Support forum.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

+ Reply to Thread