• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

maxirage

Lt. General
11 Badges
Apr 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Have you managed to find them? The 3 playable ones I came across were Holland and Lorraine in the HRE, and Oman in the east. Holland in particular seems to start off with the best sliders in the world.

Are there more hidden gems like that?

Finland has pretty good sliders too (at least in my opinion) if you don't mind the decentralization in the beginning

Castille is not hidden but Sliders are really good.

Navarre has best sliders in the game, absolutely no doubt.

I was pleasantly surprised at the starting sliders for Morocco in the game I played with them. I don't remember if it was "wow this is great slider placement for a country with more than 3 territories", or if it was "wow, these sliders are a lot better than what I expected". I'm thinking the latter of the two. I just remember I was very surprised, in a good way, with Morocco.

I would say slider settings are subjective to the game a person wants to play.

Personally I dislike Hollands settings a bit in some games.¨

And especially countries that are full land when you want naval etc.

My ideal sliders are: full centralization, aristocracy, free subjects, mercantilism, defensive, land, quality. It doesn't come close but I think Byzantium is best placed for this... any other ideas though, 'cause I hate the Romans?

Some of the French minors have ludicrously good sliders.

Provence and Brittany in particular are also the largest and have the best sliders. Bar/Barrois is on a completely different level though. As far as I can remember it's one of, if not the best, set of sliders in the entire game. Yet they're doomed to almost always be eaten by Burgundy.

On another note, Granada, Morocco and Oman all have surprisingly good sliders. Malacca and Brunei arn't too shabby and have better sliders than anyone else in Asia... except for Ryukyu.

Bar/Barrois is on a completely different level though. As far as I can remember it's one of, if not the best, set of sliders in the entire game. Yet they're doomed to almost always be eaten by Burgundy.
Lorraine's sliders are just as good.

If you play Death & Taxes instead of vanilla DW, you'd find that Bar stands a very decent chance of surviving Burgundy because the province of Valenciennes has been moved, which now renders Burgundy's upper and lower halves completely separated (i.e. you'd only be attacked by the lower half)

Navarra, Oman, Granda, Lorraine, Frankfurt, Aachen, Mecklenburg, Burgundy