• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(425201)

Colonel
3 Badges
Dec 19, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Unfortunately the last AAR died of corrupted save files, so hopefully this one will work. I'll use the same mod, and just cross my fingers that this one won't crash. I will be playing as France in 1789, like the title suggests. Let's get started.
Options: Everything normal except spread of land and sea provinces 25 years, merchants and spies free, size of colonists 400, and no lucky nations.
Chapter 1: Opening campaigns
Here are my sliders in 1789 (I always do this first.) I go towards Centralization, and a rebellion pops up (luckily in France itself). Needless to say, I defeat it.
2rlysz9.png

We are a constitutional Monarchy (?), which will probably change, as the storming of the Bastille has just happened. The Revolution has begun!
My threats and natural rivals as of the beginning of the game:
29g24id.png

I pass the Judiciary Act, which reduces my tax but also reduces my revolt risk which will help me in the future.
The HRE right now is completely messed up:
sgmnuh.png

COT page in the ledger. Apparently London is a very poor COT:
359hlyu.png

We are the Pope now!
2hgfzit.png

With our controlled cardinals and Cabinet NI, we lose 2 infamy a year (this will be EXTREMELY useful.)
29wobab.png

I can't resist DOWing someone from the start, so I DOW Sardinia-Piedmont on 10 November 1789. They are allied with Liege and baden (both insignificant) and the Papal State (which will become a real thorn on my side as the game goes on.)
2zhjmmh.png

I easily conquer Baden and vassalize them.
1p8ajt.png

The Papacy has been taken by Spain...
5ocz87.png

Peace with Massa and Carrara:
1058cpv.png

I get two tech advances.
2mmxon7.png

Russia and Austria are at war with the Ottomans, and Russia is almost at Constantinople:
2vj8vu8.png

Britain DOWs me in 1791.
34rirfc.png

That'll be it for now... Stay tuned for Chapter 2

Last edited:
An interesting idea; I really hope that this one goes better!

I'm adding to the first update now.

All done now.

This AAR has been indefinitely postponed. I'm no longer interested in it right now. I'm currently playing a Steppe Wolf game as Austria, whose empire you'll see in the empires thread.

What mods you using are?
Map seems to be more detailed than usual?
Yeah I was wondering this, also the flags look different.

I think I'll get around to starting Chapter 2 now.

Chapter 2- The war(s) of the First Coalition
I won't show the screenshot, but here is how the British war turned out to be:
GB, Hannover, Hesse, Prussia vs France (me), USA, Baden (my vassal), Portugal.
Here are the stats:
a9tvrc.png

My besieging army holds by a thread in the battle of Rome:
2i1e7tk.png

Spain DOWs me in August. Note their huge military strength.
2iw68gm.png