+ Reply to Thread

Thread: factory builds

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

factory builds

What do I adjust to get more factories being built? I have lots of people who are unemployed.

Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you're not lesse-faire governemnt you can buy them by yourself.
    If you want capitalist to build them, there are few things you need:
    -have decent number of capitalist (use NF if you don't have any)
    -they need income (reduce their tax, use capitalist NF in province when you already have factories)
    -you current factories have to be close to fully employed before they will build new in the same branch of industry. (or i least i read in some place about that)

also to fully understand your situation - do you have lots of unemployed craftsman or just farmers/labourers ? If just farmers/labourers it's unfortunately problem of this mod - too slow promotion/demotions and migration.
    In my game as Russia i had big unemployment after i renounced serfdom for 35 years o.O

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

>If you're not lesse-faire governemnt you can buy them by yourself.

I'm playing as the Russians; not sure what economic philosophy they are following--still should be able to build state owned factories.

>-have decent number of capitalist (use NF if you don't have any)

How do I find out if I have _enough_ capitalists? In one case I saw a railroad being built with zero fat guys investing in it.

>do you have lots of unemployed craftsman

Yep!

Related question: what icon do I use in NF to get more timber? I figure that since I have the forests, why should I be importing wood?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

check politics tab and your ruling party politics - you can figure out party policies - what can you do and what can capitalist do
    also check population tab and figure out how many capitalist you have in Russian Empire.

"Enough capitalist" is not a solid number - but if they are investing money in projects faster then they can buy machine parts and steel, than having more cappies wouldn't speed up growth of your industry.

If non of them are investing in projects, they a) there are no cappies in your country b) they don't have money at all -you can check both in population tab, check how many capitalist you have and how much of income/reserves thay have.

Also you can buld some factories by yourself (or switch to party which isnt lesse-faire to do so).

>Also you can buld some factories by yourself

How do I do that? I haven't seen where that is even possible.

Open production tab and inside open factories tab. There is a list of your states, and if your ruling party allows that you can build a new factory using this big grey button(with factory on it) to the right of the screen, next to scroll.
    You can also click on province on the map, and click the same button, it's right to to railway button.

In production panel, if there are non of your state listed, check if you have selected "hide empty state" in upper right of screen, this button allows you to hide state that do not have any factories.

ARGH! Now here's where I wish the game was windowed!

Thanks for the advice! I can hardly wait to try it!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I'd add, in VRRP, all economic policies except Laissez-Faire allow some government construction of factories. State Capitalism and Planned Economy allow unlimited building by the government. Interventionism allows the government to build new factories, but not enlarge existing ones. In essence, by choosing what factories to "seed" the economy with, an interventionist government can influence in which direction it will develop, but most of the actual heavy lifting of factory construction will still be left to the capitalists.
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

It appears then that I'm not that far along in the game yet. Apparently the Czar is too busy hunting with his buddies (where's Cheney when you need him!).

+ Reply to Thread