+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Scottish Trade League

Ship Simulator Extremes

Worldwide Scottish Trade League

I'll be posting progress of my crazy games. As proimised, I'm working on my worldwide trade league in Meiou starting as Scrotland.

This is more of a placeholder at the moment and I'll not have too much time update, but I'll do so as and when I can. For now, here's just a picture of my utter defeat at the hands of France.

'Utter'... I suspect you may have just run out of ammunition in the end. Good job with more fun games though, keep them coming.

Ship Simulator Extremes

It's now 1440ish, I have starved Flanders' CoT to destruction and now have all or Northern Europe trading through my CoTs or otherwise in my trade league. There are many complicated mechanics behind trade leagues which have been explored here I'll be using and abusing these in order to get as much control over trade as I can.

Are you attempting something similar to the Vanilla AAR (by naggy or Prawnstar or someone) where they tried to get the whole world trading through their single COT? You might need to change a file somewhere since the game will randomly spawn new COT's if the province number-to-COT number isn't above a certain threshold.

EDIT: Ah, I saw your link. You seem to have that covered already.

Ship Simulator Extremes

New cots are already spawning in the HRE. Much to my delight, they swiftly starve and die.

Ufortunately, with the bloated trade values in Meiou, a CoT can survive on the income from a few provinces alone if they are truly valuable. Cloth, naval supplies and such.

I've still not decided what to do with the new world either. The best thing would be for me to claim the western hemisphere myself but I don't want any land other than the British Isles (sans Ireland and Wales) and Denmark + a select few CoTs around the world.

If you want to avoid huge tracts of land it would still probably wise to be the first coloniser so you can set up a string of COTs along the coast and just let the AI fill in all the provinces behind

Ship Simulator Extremes

I can and am breaking France into little bits who will each join my trade league but Portugal and Spain are big problems: I cannot break the appart into smaller nations and as a result they will likely eat up the Americas.

My half-baked plan for now is to annex them, sell off the Iberian lands to my vassals and keep the Iberian CoTs for myself. Better yet I'll make it so that there is only one Iberian CoT. Probably Barcelona.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Got a n000b question, as i never tried or even thought about trying to do it : how do you starve and attempt to kill a CoT ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Fran็ais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

When the stagnation of a COT (you can check it in the ledger) hits 50 the COT will disappear so just limit the amount of trade going through it as much as possible and don't send merchants there.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I also have a n00b question : what are the requirements to shift to Merchant Republic, I'd like to try it with Brittany.

Changing to a merchant republic just requires the government level or the plutocratic decision. However there is no way to become a grand merchant republic (trade league) without editing/creating decisions or modifying a save.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Choccookies View Post
    Changing to a merchant republic just requires the government level or the plutocratic decision. However there is no way to become a grand merchant republic (trade league) without editing/creating decisions or modifying a save.
    Untrue : if you are a nerchant republic, when you get a CoT, you become a Grand Merchant Republic.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Fran็ais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Untrue : if you are a nerchant republic, when you get a CoT, you become a Grand Merchant Republic.
    I played a game as Firenze which starts as a merchant republic and in control of a COT in tuscany and never became a grand merchant republic, even after taking venice and genoa... In the end I just wrote my own decision to make it happen.

Ship Simulator Extremes

In what version? As I recall, It wasn't possible to become a Grand Merchant Republic in 5.0, 5.1 or possibly even 5.2

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Wait, just to clarify; Grand Merchant Republic is different from Merchant Republic, right? or is it the MEIOU name for Merchant Republic.

God of the Mega Campaign Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
    Wait, just to clarify; Grand Merchant Republic is different from Merchant Republic, right? or is it the MEIOU name for Merchant Republic.
    IIRC the Grand Merchant Republic is for Merchant Republics with a CoT.

Also, if you are planning on posting more updates, why not do it in the AAR section?
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

Letters from Amazonia - A CKII AAR using HIP!

When I speak in Anglo-Prussian Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Ship Simulator Extremes

Because I value discussion of game mechanics more than the presentation of an After Action Report. Maybe someday I'll start making them, but not today. I'll learn more from the entire pool of EU3 players than those in just the AAR section alone.

Thinking about it, Tuscany has had its CoT since the game began and they are still just a regular old Merchant Republic. Is the event working as planned?

Merchant Republics are just regular republics with some trade bonuses. Grand Merchant Republics are the only ones who control trade leagues and can ask for trade rights.

Yeah, I like these little threads you make in here. I don't really have the time to browse through the AAR section and sift for contents that relate to MEIOU so this is a welcome distraction.

yeah i agree with that Blxz. Not only that though just by reading this and your other thread you had, you gave me interesting challanges and ideas for games of my own to play, DDR. Btw still don't know how you do all the stuff you do here, i try them and fail miserably all the time, but at least its a fun attempt at it.

Ship Simulator Extremes

On starving a CoT: When the country is too large to just divert trade away from their CoTs:

Poland, Aragon and Portugal now need similar treatment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast