• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why don't you start screaming at the Ottomans to fix it? Also you could go around Africa.

OOC: Well the Ottomans are already broke and on the verge of a revolt/civil war/revolution, so I doubt they'd do much this turn or next on it and instead focus on domestic stuff.

Otherwise, feel free to yell at them and make them look bad on the international stage :p

The Tsardom of Bulgaria demands that the Ottoman Empire begin fixing the Bosporus. It has blocked international trade long enough.

OOC: Happy?

OOC:The Ottomans would fix it anyway their being lazy with clearing the strait.But realistically from Romania around Africa to China is a really long way that wouldn't be worth it.

Edit:Can't the Balkan nations clear it themselves?Wouldn't Greece or Bulgaria or even Serbia agree to clear it.I can't since I need to devote half of my orders to industry.
Edit2:Never mind then guess I'll clean it up

Last edited:
OOC: You should be offering to clear the canal, if anyone - you're getting hurt by it the (second) most, while Russia and OE is busy. Don't expect others to clean up the mess when you're too lazy to do it yourself - not to mention everyone else already has access to the Med so they couldn't give a shit.

OOC: You should be offering to clear the canal, if anyone - you're getting hurt by it the (second) most, while Russia and OE is busy. Don't expect others to clean up the mess when you're too lazy to do it yourself - not to mention everyone else already has access to the Med so they couldn't give a shit.

OOC: Also since his country was a contributing factor to the whole mess. If anything the Ottos should have Germany and France pay for fixing it.

OOC:I don't understand how I'm lazy when it's France,Germany,and OE's supposed to fix it since they were active participants sinking ships in the Mediterranean (maybe not OE but they allowed the Germans to use their coastal guns).I don't have to clear it but I want too get it cleared as soon as possible so that's why I changed my orders again to include something about clearing the strait.

IC: Romania would like to ask if France and Germany would send support in clearing the strait with Romania to help clear the strait of the mess they caused.The strait will then be clear and Romania can resume trading normally with other nations.This is a big problem for post-war Romania so the least France and Germany could do is send a little monetary aid or some ships to help.

King Carol I Of Romania

Last edited:
The Japanese Empire of the East finds it ironic that the Qing Empire calls us fools, considering they are the one who does not understand that a state of war involves fighting, no matter how grand in scale. Maybe less Chinese boys would die in these battles if their leaders spent less time making misguided comments and more time on drawing up strategy.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Work on clearing the Bosphorus will hopefully begin the coming year. Although we are currently preoccupied with other issues, both Germany and the UK have agreed to aid us in reopening the canal. We thank them for their support and their willingness to help us. We again ask that France contribute and help clear up their part of the mess. Lastly, since the nations of Bulgaria and Romania seem so keen to see the Bosphorus promptly opened, perhaps they too would also like to aid in its clean up.

OOC: Cut me a little slack. Im piss poor, lacking in stability and have other issues to deal with. If you want the Bosphorus reopened, stop complaining and start helping.

OOC:I already stated it was in my orders that I'm helping open the strait again.

The Japanese Empire of the East finds it ironic that the Qing Empire calls us fools, considering they are the one who does not understand that a state of war involves fighting, no matter how grand in scale. Maybe less Chinese boys would die in these battles if their leaders spent less time making misguided comments and more time on drawing up strategy.

The Japanese Emperor and his nation could have easily avoided this pointless war if they had, instead of obliging the Qing's warning and invading Qingdao, simply blockade the port city and save more lives. Knowingly attacking the city in the face of the Qing's promise to attack any aggressors and acting like invading and killing hundreds of thousands of Chinese soldiers is justified, I might as well order the invasion of Portugal despite statements condemning any nation that attacks Portugal. If you ask for war with the Chinese, you shall get it. If you are unwilling to draw a peaceful truce with the Qing now, simply for the sake of your honor, then feel free to send several hundred thousand more boys to their deaths.

Also, I would like to congratulate the Ottoman Sultan. Even in the face of dire domestic issues, he plans on restoring the Bosporus to its previous state, for the good of international trade.

Alfonso XIII
King of Spain

OOC:I already stated it was in my orders that I'm helping open the strait again.

OOC: Sorry, I only read your OOC after I posted. But thanks for helping. Now if only others would start pulling their weight *glares at Bulgaria and France*

The Japanese Empire of the East attacked the city because unlike the Kingdom of Spain who backed out of a treaty days after signing it, are brave enough to make decisions to benefit our nation even if it cost the lives of some of our dearest soldiers. If the Qing Empire had not wanted war, then they should not have made such provocative statements in such volatile times.

Mistakes happen. I realized that committing my nation into a coalition would not have been to its benefit at the time, seeing as how the economy was weak and heavily in debt. I can say, however, that I committed troops to France that fought and died on the front lines to maintain peace in Europe. Soon, ships will be dispatched to both the Russian and Brazilian Empires to help their government feed and clothe their people, to help pay for their war efforts, and to help bring them out of debt. The only thing your nation has done has invaded a neutral country, expanded the borders of your Pacific Empire, and sought to subjugate East Asia under the guns of your Army and Navy.

Alfonso XIII
King of Spain

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Work on clearing the Bosphorus will hopefully begin the coming year. Although we are currently preoccupied with other issues, both Germany and the UK have agreed to aid us in reopening the canal. We thank them for their support and their willingness to help us. We again ask that France contribute and help clear up their part of the mess. Lastly, since the nations of Bulgaria and Romania seem so keen to see the Bosphorus promptly opened, perhaps they too would also like to aid in its clean up.

OOC: Cut me a little slack. Im piss poor, lacking in stability and have other issues to deal with. If you want the Bosphorus reopened, stop complaining and start helping.

The Tsardom of Bulgaria does not see a reason that it should assist in the cleanup of the Bosporus. The Bosporus is vital for international trade and we were merely pointing that out to the Ottoman Sultan.

His Royal Majesty, Ferdinand I, Tsar of Bulgaria

The Indian Government suggests that as the guilty parties, the French and German Governments each pay half the bill.​

The Japanese Empire of the East attacked the city because unlike the Kingdom of Spain who backed out of a treaty days after signing it, are brave enough to make decisions to benefit our nation even if it cost the lives of some of our dearest soldiers. If the Qing Empire had not wanted war, then they should not have made such provocative statements in such volatile times.

It should of course be remembered that while the Spanish may have taken their time considering the signing of a treaty, the Japanese government has BETRAYED their ally, seized their allies land and killed their men, and then launched a major invasion of a previously friendly nation. Of course, such clearly decisions require great bravery.

The Indian Government suggests that as the guilty parties, the French and German Governments each pay half the bill.​

Romania thinks this is a great suggestion as to the help Romania clear the strait and Romanian oil exports can leave the black sea and help the world rebuild from the costly Great War which has taken many lives from both sides of the conflict.

Romania thinks this is a great suggestion as to the help Romania clear the strait and Romanian oil exports can leave the black sea and help the world rebuild from the costly Great War which has taken many lives from both sides of the conflict.

The Tsardom of Bulgaria agrees with the Romanians however the money will most likely be used by corrupt Ottoman officials to further their own ends. This, along with several other reasons is why Bulgaria will not send money to assist the Ottoman.

The Tsardom of Bulgaria agrees with the Romanians however the money will most likely be used by corrupt Ottoman officials to further their own ends. This, along with several other reasons is why Bulgaria will not send money to assist the Ottoman.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

We are fighting corruption as we speak and it should be eradicated within this year. Additionally, you don't have to provide money to help. We require a large amount of labour. Send workers, we are confident that our officials can't steal them.