• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GermanImperialFlag.gif

[x]Signed, His Imperial and Royal Majesty The German Emperor Wilhelm II, King of Prussia.

With this and other signatures, Germany is at peace, this peace would have come sooner, many lives would have been saved, but alas, the nation of France decided to prolong the war, in a medieval attempt to starve our people to death. We hope now that they see sense and make peace, as the rest of the world is doing. Even now, they continue to sow discord and hatred within own nation, but we must rise above their petty jealously. Do not think of the French when you think of this war, think of our brave men, who struggled intensely to ensure the victory, and continued prosperity of our nation. All those heroes who return to us, living or dead, must all be honoured as one and we shalt never forget their sacrifice.

Cutting aside strange notions such as "the nation of France deciding to prolong the war", when it were the Germans, on the orders of the Kaiser, who initiated hostilities against the French Republic, this speech is indeed enlightening as to the lack of humanity of the Kaiser.

The heroes who died for Germany, the Kaiser says, trying to cast aside legitimate doubts about whether Germany was well served by this war, "must all be honoured as one". Indeed, they are not honored by their own merits, as individual human beings, but they are honored "as one", as components that together make the machinery of the car the Kaiser is riding. The Kaiser may love the car as a whole, but does that love extend to all of it's components? I would say that it does not, as the Kaiser had no qualms about throwing a lot of them into the junk pile.

This analogy is also particularly accurate, as the Kaiser's idea of the car is of a machine which is there to serve him, to be used by him. In France, and in most of the civilized world, we find that concept abhorrent. The nation is not my servant, I am a servant of the nation. That is how it should be, in civilized nations.

The French Republic reserves comments on the proposed treaty to a later statement.

I must say that when I was engaged in the process of negotiating the peace between both factions, the French representative was by far the most disruptive and uncooperative.​

[X] - President Carlos Pellegrini of the Argentine Republic

OOC: I for one hope we won't have to redo 1905... Right?
Fry?

Last edited:
OOC: IIRC nothing.

Following diplomatic talks with our partners, the French Republic will agree to sign the Treaty of Geneva, thus making peace with the German Empire, for the sake of the French and German peoples, who do not deserve to die for petty whims of the Kaiser, and placing the responsibility for the future actions of Germany upon the shoulders of every German. May they not fail in preventing such horrors from ever taking place again. Nie mehr. Never again.

[X] Emile Loubet, President of France

I will also announce that I will not be running for the next Presidential election. The events have taken their toll on me, and I will retire to live in the countryside, with the extreme pride of having served France. I do not seek any glory or recognition, save it for those who died in this war, for they are the true heroes of France, while I am but a servant.

Looking back at my mandate, we have seen the introduction of the laws of separation of Church and State, a great progress for the French State, as it should be the State of all the French, regardless of creed. We have seen the need to defend ourselves, after being attacked by the German Empire. I tried to, still remembering 1870, make sure it would not be repeated, and appealed to the nations of the world to help us to put an end to it. Alas, only when trouble knocked at their door did they answer the call. Let us now hope that their efforts, added to our own, and especially the efforts of the Russians, who I am honored to count as allies, will be enough to make this war "the war to end all wars". May it be so.

OOC: Loubet resigns at end of term (1906), new elections are held. Armand Fallieres and Paul Dorner are likely candidates.

ru.gif

People of Russia, the war, between our Motherland and the Central Powers, has finally been concluded. In 4 years of conflict we have faced the struggle with almost all odds against us, be lack of supplies, an under trained army, naval blockade and even the lost of our leader. Yet we always managed to stand up and face the enemy. Citizens and soldiers of the Russian Empire, you have showed the world that you are capable of doing actions beyond human capabilities.

But, though to we fought and worked hard, we withered in defeat due to events beyond our reach. Peace has been signed with the Central Powers, and although we lost some regions,as Finland, Karelia, the Baltics, Bessarrabia and Belarus, all of that is but a small fraction from our great Empire. We, my friends, are an unconquerable nation.

Now is time to settle down and rebuild, while some of our people may question our government now, this is the moment were we have to more unified, to retake our former glory. As the phoenix bird, we shall rebirth from the ashes and reach new heights. Many though this was the end, but I can assure you, this is just the beginning!

A new Russia, a Novaya Rossiya, with a woman in charge of it. We all remember our last Tsarista was Catherine the Great, and how she made Russia into the world leading power at her time. Now, God, watching Russia suffering again, has sent another woman to take care of it, and I shall do his biding.

Determination and hard work, that Russians, will be the key of success for our Empire.

OOC: I'm curious to know why I'm not on the treaty?

OOC: Because.

I hereby announce the Demobilization of the Bulgarian army after the signing of this historic peace treaty.

His Royal Majesty, Ferdinand I, Tsar of Bulgaria

OOC :|

I'm signing it anyways.

[X] Alfonso XIII, King of Spain

With the ending of this war, I would also like to announce the DEMOBILIZATION of the Spanish Armed Forces.

With the signing of the peace treaty by all involved powers, I anounce the demobilization of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. Their job is now done, may peace now reign!

With the signing of the peace treaty, I announce the demobilisation of the Danubian armed forces.

After being able to successfully negotiate a peace, I must declare that the nation shall be de mobilised. Those serving in the Royal Indian Engineers or Indian Signal Corps shall not be de mobilised as yet, as they are needed for the betterment of the nation. Furthermore, I wish to announce that 95,000 vacancies are present in our regular armed forces, and that any of the reservists who wishes to become a regular, may do so.​

As a result of peace there is no need to forestall this any further, peace is here. The army will be demobilized back down to peacetime levels.