• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Belgian government politely requests the Ottoman Porte to reconsider its actions in Babylon. This site is a heritage for the world, and it should be left to the efforts of architects to restore what can be restored. Surely there are better places to invest one's money than a new town in the middle of the Mesopotamian desert.

We shall not contribute to this threat to the conservation of our common human patrimony, and we ask other countries to follow our stance.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

We have no plans to build on top of the original Babylon. The new Babylon shall actually be located 3-4 miles south of the original in order to not disrupt archeological work.

ru.gif

Russians! Hear our enemies claim that we have been defeated! Hear how brave they claim to be, when they are six nations invading us at the same time, knowing that alone they can't stand the might of the Russian Empire! How the Kingdom of Sweden boast on it's victory when it hasn't faced any Russian Army! When we were alone fighting Germany they only talked, when four other nations joined the enemy ranks, they show themselves as daring and impressive!

Fear not my people of Russia, and work harder and harder, if not, the fate that Belarus and Ukraine are suffering right now shall be the one of the rest of us. The enemy, who call itself "Liberator" is turning our countryside in mere colonies worst treated than the ones in Africa or Asia, making our people worst than slaves.

Resist brothers and sisters! Resist! That soon the hammer from the Western Powers shall punch the Central Powers were it hurt them most and with time we shall regain all we have lost.

VICTORY FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

Whilst the Kingdom of Greece is busy with its internal economic policy and thus can not contribute to this magnificent project the Ottoman Sultanate has started. The Kingdom of Greece's history and especially that of Alexander the Great is strongly connected with Babylon, and thus, even though we can't offer direct aid at the moment, still think that this is a show of development; a comparison from past to present; and thus we would like to request the right for the Greek ambassador to visit said excavations and projects.

Bulgarians! I call on you to join together now in these difficult times and remember that we are fighting a war. We must join together to support the men at the front. Remember your brothers and know that they rely on you to produce the weapons, bullets, shells and artillery pieces that keep them fighting. Never forget that without you our men will fall. Meanwhile the Russians call themselves the "protector" of Slavs, can we not protect ourselves? or do the Russians think us too weak? They are the weak ones! Look how the fell before our soldiers and those of our allies! They will never defend us, they will never take away our freedom!

Ferdinand I, Tsar of Bulgaria

GermanImperialFlag.gif

Listen to those Russian dogs spread their lies! Saying that we have caused the suffering of the Ukraine and Belorussia! Lies! They are the ones who stripped those nations of all their wealth! We have been forced to send bread into these nations, caused by the Russians taking everything and leaving the good people to die!

The German army has saved these people from certain death from starvation and disease caused by Russian actions! They must not be made to suffer the Russian hordes again!

People of Italy! Our Empire is under attack. The cruel and vicious Ethiopian empire have seen fit to murder our soldiers and pillage our colonies. We must destory Ethiopia. We also demand that Britian stops this foolish and cruel blockade.

So long as the Central powers continue their campaign to seize vast areas of land and plunge the world further into chaos we are without choice. The blockades will stay and our forces will continue their actions of war. We will conduct side talks with Sweden to see if an official agreement can be made concerning what happened.

The German government of course neglects to mention that the Russian people had to make sacrifices of their own lands to try and stave off the invading enemy forces. Had Germany stuck to its original war purpose the world would not be plunging further into darkness. Had they acted more like a nation and less like a horde of barbarians like the Huns, many would not be in this war. The wars beginning is going to fade from recent memory and become all but irrelevant for the war itself because now the dream of conquest has seized the minds of many.

ru.gif

The Germans call themselves as liberators of the Russian people while they compare us to dogs, then accuse our people of being starved and sick when our social programs, started by Nicholas II "The Martyr", are far more advanced than Germany's, providing minimum salary, public health and education. Both the Ukraine and the Belarus were improving quite good, until the Germans invaded. Now they are nothing more than mere colonies of the German Empire, and their habitants slaves to the Huns invaders. Ironically, the Germans state they have to "send bread" there, when in fact they are the ones taking food from said region. A total and complete lack of common sense by the German delegate. They spread words and lies, we state facts.

As for Bulgarians, we protected them from the Ottomans decades ago, and now they call us "weak" when they are the ones invading us along five other nations. Not only that, they took advantage of our current situation to invade us, not facing a single Russian soldiers in the process and yet calling themselves mighty. Another typical case of propaganda.

Finally, Italy. That seems to be the peak of hypocrisy know to man. Calling the Ethiopians "cruel" and "vicious", when they were in fact the one who slaughtered entire villages not so long ago. Ethiopia has been for at least two years, asking compensation for the crimes done by the Kingdom of Italy, a petition that reached deaf ears. Now that Italy has to face the crimes it has done, it acts as if it was a victim. Not only the Ethiopians are taking back what is rightfully theirs, but also they are behaving MUCH better than the Italians before. Not committing any war crime.

The leaders of the Central Powers think they are safe, think that nothing will touch them, that the war they started will never reach home. Time will tell. And when such thing happens their people will only blame the only ones responsible for that, and those are clearly, the people who signed the Central Powers treaty.

As for Bulgarians, we protected them from the Ottomans decades ago, and now they call us "weak" when they are the ones invading us along five other nations. Not only that, they took advantage of our current situation to invade us, not facing a single Russian soldiers in the process and yet calling themselves mighty. Another typical case of propaganda.

Us, along with our Romanian allies killed, wounded or captured a total of 50,000 Russian soldiers, not what I would call "not facing a single Russian army in the process". We have manged to secure the entire south of Ukraine including the Crimean peninsula, Odessa and Rostov-on-Don, rather large gains.

ru.gif

In the mean time, in the Northern sector, battles involving million of soldiers are being done between Germany and Russia. Yes Bulgaria, we all understood that there were in fact around 50,000 Russian soldiers facing the combined offensives of Bulgaria, Romania and the Danubian, yet that is nothing compared to the battles in the North. The Czar Ferdinand I knows better than anyone that Bulgaria hasn't yet faced any real opposition.

ru.gif

In the mean time, in the Northern sector, battles involving million of soldiers are being done between Germany and Russia. Yes Bulgaria, we all understood that there were in fact around 50,000 Russian soldiers facing the combined offensives of Bulgaria, Romania and the Danubian, yet that is nothing compared to the battles in the North. The Czar Ferdinand I knows better than anyone that Bulgaria hasn't yet faced any real opposition.

50,000 men were killed, wounded or captured by the Bulgarian and Romanian forces alone, this does not mean that only 50,000 men faced us. We have also manged to take Rostov-on-Don despite an entire Russian army being based there. Bulgaria is a small nation compared to Germany and does not have millions of men. Therefore for Bulgaria killing, wounding or capturing 50,000 men as well as taking the base of an Army is quite an accomplishment.

An entire Russian Army? Or a backwater garrison? Bulgarians, over prideful in victory cowards in defeat. Enjoy your victory moments Ferdinand, they will not last forever.

An entire Russian Army? Or a backwater garrison? Bulgarians, over prideful in victory cowards in defeat. Enjoy your victory moments Ferdinand, they will not last forever.

General Korshanenko commanding the 3rd Army in Rostov-on-Don.

An entire Russian Army. I suggest you get more detailed reports from your Generals, Michail. You call us cowards in defeat? We have not yet been defeated, and, while I agree our time will come it is not against Russia that we will fall. Russians, over confident in victory and defeat.

The remains of the 3rd Army, 3rd Army itself could have pushed the Bulgarians back to Sofia and beyond if it had the needed men and material, alas, great number of said things had to be sent to the North to face a bigger threat.

Also, it must be quite motivating to your soldiers and citizens to admit defeat with the terms " while I agree our time will come it is not against Russia", stating that though you will not be defeated by Russia, you will still be defeated, meaning all the sacrifices made by the Bulgarian people are a waste.

The remains of the 3rd Army, 3rd Army itself could have pushed the Bulgarians back to Sofia and beyond if it had the needed men and material, alas, great number of said things had to be sent to the North to face a bigger threat.

Also, it must be quite motivating to your soldiers and citizens to admit defeat with the terms " while I agree our time will come it is not against Russia", stating that though you will not be defeated by Russia, you will still be defeated, meaning all the sacrifices made by the Bulgarian people are a waste.

All nations must be defeated at some point in their history. I never said that it was this war that would see us fall though.

OOC: That is the single worst IC post I have ever seen. Congratulations. :rofl:

Could i join in as Denmark?