• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
People rushing to defend homes does not a nation constitute. Obviously some form of peaceful settlement is preferred but this is not some random naked aggression of larger states against smaller. This is not Germany and France deciding to split up the lands of Belgium. This is not Italy and the Danube Federation deciding that Switzerland has had a good and proper run but their time is up. The land was abandoned by its rulers and it has taken some time for the surrounding nations to sort out how best to handle the situation. They appear to have a plan decided upon but execution of that plan has thus far been admittedly poor.

Although speaking of a peaceful solution and encouraging Romania to mobilize itself sounds more like encouraging a forced decision. Surely the Germans are not taking it upon themselves to utilize Romania as a proxy to solve what the Balkans nations were attempting to solve themselves?

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

You threaten us with war if we do not cede Kuwait. Yet you still lecture others on peace and the splitting of nations?

OOC: More IC to come

Treaty of Berlin

1.a The signatories agree to a Bulgaro-Turkish border as outlined in the map below.

ottogt38gp.png

1.b The Ottoman citizens in the region will be allowed to move further east to Ottoman territory, and take all their personal belongings with them, should they wish to do so.

2. Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire will sign a Pact of Non-Agression and Neutrality for the duration of 5 years, with the option to prolong it thereafter.

3. Both nations will relinquish any claims on each other.

4. The German Empire will supply both nations with sufficient weapons to fully equip 5 divisions with.

5. Bulgaria is accepted as a full member into the Alliance formerly known as "Triple Alliance". (Real name to be published soon)

[X] Sultan Abdul Hamid II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
[X] Ferdinand I, Tsar of Bulgaria
[X] Wilhelm II, His Imperial and Royal Majesty The German Emperor, King of Prussia.
[X] His Imperial and Royal Apostolic Majesty, Franz Joseph I, by the grace of God Emperor of Austria
[X] Umberto I, by the Grace of God and the Will of the Nation, King of Italy.
[X] Carol I, King of the Romanians

Tell me if colours/styles are wrong and I'll change them.

Last edited:
[X] Sultan Abdul Hamid II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire

I hereby announce that the Tsardom of Bulgaria is leaving the Balkan alliance due to several insults by the Greek and Serbian governments. We embrace our new allies in the Alliance of Central and Eastern Europe. We also wish to announce that we recognize the government of Albania and condemn the Serbian, Montenegrin and Greek attacks on this country.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

You threaten us with war if we do not cede Kuwait. Yet you still lecture others on peace and the splitting of nations?

OOC: More IC to come
Your nation is proving itself to be one of the greatest forces for chaos and instability on the planet. Your actions have directly led to the deaths of thousands and indirectly to the suffering of tens of thousands if not far more. If you continue down this path we would have no choice but to stabilize the area the only way possible when dealing with a government willing to throw so many lives into anarchy. This of course ignores the vast plundering that took place. Perhaps the Huns have returned to the area and disguised themselves as the Ottomans?

Your nation is proving itself to be one of the greatest forces for chaos and instability on the planet. Your actions have directly led to the deaths of thousands and indirectly to the suffering of tens of thousands if not far more. If you continue down this path we would have no choice but to stabilize the area the only way possible when dealing with a government willing to throw so many lives into anarchy. This of course ignores the vast plundering that took place. Perhaps the Huns have returned to the area and disguised themselves as the Ottomans?

If so they picked remarkably bad nation. The Ottomans do not fight remotely like Huns. Unlike the British empire.

Last edited:
OOC: I love that you (Round) used the map with Tyriet's little splodge of blue on :p

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

We are simply pointing out how hypocritical you are. And we shall continue to point out how hypocritical you are.

First of all, you say our actions have led to the deaths of hundred of thousands. Yet your actions over the years have resulted in the deaths of millions. How many millions did you leave to starve in Ireland? How many hundreds of thousand have you slaughted in India? What is the deathtoll of the natives of Africa? You have more blood on your hands than the rest of the world combined.

And you continually complain about our abandonment of the Balkans. At least we accept and respect the will of the people. They wanted freedom and we let them go. Can you say the same? No. You govern over millions who don't want to be under your rule. Even now you slaughter Boar farmers because of their attempt to escape your grasp. Ireland wants freedom, India is fed up with your oppression and even loyal Australia is gradually breaking away. When will you listen to the voice of the people and accept their decision, like we have?

As for your comment about our plundering. Do we again have to look back at your history again or do you get the picture?

You should try to be less hypocritical next time you attack and criticise us. It makes your argument better.

Lastly, we thank our new Bulgarian friends for their words. We are also pleased to see a peaceful resolution to our border crisis.

OOC: Every nation has this thing called history. No offense but if you keep this absurdity up I will attack you just for kicks. Your nations has at one time or another been at war with like the whole world almost. :p

I demand you retract your insult or you will face war. Stop sullying the honor of the British Empire because you are embarrassed that unlike many other nations, yours is stuck in a medieval mentality. We will no longer sit back and take your words and insults and actions and ignore them without actions of our own.

The Argentine Republic

In the light of the recent entente cordiale reached between the South American countries, peacefully resolving our diferences and fostering good relations; we have agreed upon the following terms with our sister Republics of Chile and Brazil. May this be the beggining of an age for Peace and Prosperity in the continent.

In the words of the poet: "Los hermanos sean unidos,/Porque ésa es la ley primera./Tengan unión verdadera/En cualquier tiempo que sea-/Porque si entre ellos pelean/Los devoran los de ajuera." [1]

The ABC Pact​

of Arbitration, Trade and Defence​

The Governments of the Republics of Argentina, Brazil and Chile,

- Recognizing the prexistence of bilateral agreements of arbitration between eachother,
- Upholding the importance of arbitration for the peacefull resolution of conflicts,
- Manifesting their desire to foster a new era of peace and prosperity for all of South America,
- Recognizing the value of military cooperation for the fostering of relations,

Hereby agree to the following terms:

1- A general reduction of the tariffs for trade between the Republic of Chile and the two other signatories to a maximum level of 20%,
2- The establishment of a permanent mechanism of consultation for the solution of disagreements between the members,
3- To uphold and defend the common interest of South America against third parties,
4- To allow other member states to observe military manouvers, and to foster military collaboration in general
5- To enter a formal defensive military alliance,

[X] President Julio Argentino Roca of the Republic of Argentina
[] President Manuel Ferraz de Campos Sales of the Republic of Brazil
[] Vice-President Aníbal Zañartu of the Republic of Chile

OOC: Since you may be wondering,
[1]"May the brothers be united/ Because it's the first law/ They keep true union/ In anytime/ Since if they fight amongst themselves/ They are eaten by the outsiders"

Last edited:
500px-US_flag_46_stars.svg.png

The United States of America

The United States of America is happy that steps are also being taken to combat corruption in Brazil. We hope the the investigation is swift and results in the embezzled funds being returned to their rightful purpose, increasing the industry and infrastructure of Brazil.

The United States of America is also concerned about the growing network of alliances in the Balkans and the potential for a regional conflict to spark a greater war.

OOC: Every nation has this thing called history. No offense but if you keep this absurdity up I will attack you just for kicks. Your nations has at one time or another been at war with like the whole world almost. :p

I demand you retract your insult or you will face war. Stop sullying the honor of the British Empire because you are embarrassed that unlike many other nations, yours is stuck in a medieval mentality. We will no longer sit back and take your words and insults and actions and ignore them without actions of our own.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Would you like to point out which bits are insults and untrue? We will then consider issuing an apology.

OOC: I'm not denying the ottomans history. But I don't go about being hypocrytical when I insult a nation. Plus we fear none :p

CHIL1001.GIF

The ABC Pact

of Arbitration, Trade and Defence

Recognizing the prexistence of bilateral agreements of arbitration between eachother,
Upholding the importance of arbitration for the peacefull resolution of conflicts,
Manifesting their desire to foster a new era of peace and prosperity for all of South America,
Recognizing the value of military cooperation for the fostering of relations,

A general reduction of the tariffs for trade between the Republic of Chile and the two other signatories to a maximum level of 20%,
The establishment of a permanent mechanism of consultation for the solution of disagreements between the members,
To uphold and defend the common interest of South America against third parties,
To allow other member states to observe military manouvers, and to foster military collaboration in general
To enter a formal defensive military alliance,

[] President Manuel Ferraz de Campos Sales of the Republic of Brazil
[X] Vice President Aníbal Zañartu of the Republic of Chile

Aníbal Zañartu Zañartu
Vicepresidente de la República de Chile

Your time to retract is running short.

OOC: I am the UK, I can afford to be a hypocrite. You are the ottomans, you cannot. That simple, ooc I will admit am being a bully. I am being one because I can and you are giving me reasons to be. ;)

The ABC Pact

of Arbitration, Trade and Defence

Recognizing the prexistence of bilateral agreements of arbitration between eachother,
Upholding the importance of arbitration for the peacefull resolution of conflicts,
Manifesting their desire to foster a new era of peace and prosperity for all of South America,
Recognizing the value of military cooperation for the fostering of relations,

A general reduction of the tariffs for trade between the Republic of Chile and the two other signatories to a maximum level of 20%,
The establishment of a permanent mechanism of consultation for the solution of disagreements between the members,
To uphold and defend the common interest of South America against third parties,
To allow other member states to observe military manouvers, and to foster military collaboration in general
To enter a formal defensive military alliance,

[X] President Manuel Ferraz de Campos Sales of the Republic of Brazil
[X] President Aníbal Zañartu of the Republic of Chile

Signed,
Manuel Ferraz de Campos Sales, President of the Republic of Brazil

Your time to retract is running short.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

As you haven't told us what you consider an insult, it is hard for us to apologise. Tell us what you want us to apologise for and then we will issue an apology.

We hope that the UK and the Ottoman Empire can resolve there differences and not increase the troubles in the Balkans.