• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New Year's Speech by Her Royal Majesty, Queen Milena I. of Czechoslovakia

My beloved people,

after a time of two years assessment the rebuilding plans are now finalized and will be ready to start this year alongside our freeway construction. In a first step we will rebuild all roads and railroad lines and invite private companies to do that to spur the growth of industry. Due to our membership in the Balkan Aviation Association we are looking to next year for an establishment of aviation facilities with the aim for transportation by air.

In relation to the newly arrived artifacts from the Empire of Great Wu we now will put aside money and materials to fullfill our pledged obligation and let our experts help with construction. Here in Czechoslovakia we will start a museum and academy to present said artefacts and teach the chinese culture and the language of Mandarin to anyone willing.

We humbly invite the Doctor Freud to Prague to help establish the School of Psychology for we have heard of his studies and like to found his fascinating research. I personally think this to be important for the personal, economic and political well being of all citizens because it will allow us to understand ourselves better and to reflect on our abbilities.

And at last I am happy to announce my engagement to Milan Rastislav Štefánik, Prince of Slovakia, and set the marriage to the 20th of January next year. My future Husband's title will be His Highness, the Prince Consort of Czechoslovakia, Prince of Slovakia.

I wish you all the best and a good year

GermanImperialFlag.gif

The German Empire presents the Treaty of Straßburg to the United Communes of France.

Treaty of Straßburg said:
  1. Upon the signing of this treaty, peace shall reign between the United Communes of France and the German Empire.
  2. The United Communes of France shall pay the German Empire 300,000,000 gold bullion each year for 10 years. The final amount of bullion paid will be 3,000,000,000.
  3. The United Communes of France shall deliver the German Empire 48 industrial facilities.
  4. Military limitations to be placed upon the United Communes of France as the treaty is signed by both parties:
    • The United Communes of France is forbidden to construct armoured vehicles.
    • The United Communes of France is forbidden to construct military aircraft.
    • The United Communes of France is forbidden to construct dreadnoughts or battleships.
    • The United Communes of France is forbidden to construct submarines.
    • The Navy of the United Communes of France is limited to 15 Cruisers, 75 Destroyers and 200 Gunboats.
    • The Army of the United Communes of France is limited to 100,000 Regulars.
  5. The United Communes of France renounce their claims in perpetuity on the German Imperial Province of Elsaß-Lothringen.
  6. The United Communes of France shall create a demilitarised zone. The Western edge of the zone shall stretch from the the Belgian border at Longwy along the Maas to it's source at Pouilly-sur-Meuse, then to Besançon then to the Swiss border at Jougne. The DMZ shall encompass all French lands to the east of this line.
  7. The United Communes of France shall hold free and formal elections to elect a democratic government. These elections are to be overseen by a non-partisan body.
  8. The United Communes of France shall not interfere in the domestic affairs of the German Empire.
[x]Kaiser Wilhelm II, Emperor of the German Empire,
[x]Chairman Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the United Communes of France.

In addition, the German Empire presents the Treaty of Emden to the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Treaty of Emden said:
  1. Following the signing of this treaty, the German Empire and the Kingdom of the Netherlands shall return to peace.
  2. The German Empire and the Kingdom of the Netherlands shall return to the status quo ante bellum.
[x]Kaiser Wilhelm II, Emperor of the German Empire,
[x]Queen Wilhelmina, Queen of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Dutch East Indies.

OOC: Large IC for the end of the war coming later.

Last edited:
I have 14 free slots. My inbox is not full.

Treaty of Straßburg

[X] Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the Communes of France

By imposing such a punitive peace solely to prop up its sprawling empire, the German Empire has guaranteed for itself a reputation of the utmost villainy. I sign this treaty only to save the people of France from further death and devastation, though it shall harm them in a myriad other ways as well. This I lay not at the feet of the German people, but those of their Kaiser, who demands democracy in our country even while he suppresses it in his own. France will not forget.

With hostilities concluded, the United Communes are hereby demobilized.

Flag_of_South_Africa_1928-1994.svg

The Republic of South Africa

This betrayal by the British is nothing short of disgusting in every manner of the word. It is obvious now that it is not only Her Majesty's Government, but in fact the British people themselves who are behind the utter failure to do anything about the German war machine. They have elected to side with those who have, time and again, proven to be the worst enemies of the Empire, and so, despite my love for Her Majesty and the British Isles, we cannot possibly remain a part of an Empire headed by those who would see Britain bethrothed to her greatest enemy. Independence is far more desirable than backing what is unquestionable the most dangerous coup of the British Government, conducted with ease by the Germans.

Regardless, our newfound independence has led to a new international crisis: we now see the daggers of both our brothers and the Germans pointed at our throat. Thus, I have entered into negotiations with the British and the Germans so that unnecessary conflict and more needless bloodshed may be avoided. With luck, we will be able to emerge from the ashes of the Great War relatively unscathed.

On the matter of taxation, I promise to you, South Africans, that tax rates will be lowered to the original 1.5% that was envisioned by the United Party. A 15% tax is far too strenuous on the people of this nation, and it implies the growth of this government to a burdensome and unnecessary level.

Thank you, South Africans. God bless the Republic!

~Prime Minister Jan Smuts

4e542597-7b7b-43a3-8cfe-63a3748d2539_zps38306a83.jpg

Australia, and her people are completely appalled by His Majesty's Government for giving into the Germans, leading to their domination of Europe. The government of Australia, cannot stand for such a weak-hearted, and traitorous decision. Australia, has joined His Majesty's wars since the beginning but no longer can we stand for killing Commonwealth troops, for what? To give in to the enemy, the German Empire. Hundreds of thousands of South Africans, Indians, Canadians and Australians died for a failed cause.

I am also angered about the situation in Ireland. Ireland, shouldn't have to fight His Majesty to become independent. Ireland, should be released as a member of the Commonwealth, though communism is spreading fast there.

I am joyous of the return of our soldiers home! There deaths, I hope shall not be in vain and I send my condolences to the family members of the fallen soldiers. Thank you, for protecting our nation from the evil Germans it was our mother country that let us down.

~ The Rt. Honorable Billy Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia

Last edited:
OOC: Will make an IC post once I figure out how to address you traitors.

Anyway, was the section of the past update about Indian and South African troops fighting in the Crimea removed? I can't find it anymore, so it looks like no Indian, South African, Australian, or Canadian troops died in Europe, interesting.

And btw, didn't you leave the game NikoHOI3?

No, it was in a mini update. Not in the Main. NikoHOI3 is playing WiR once again.

be_r1896.gif

New Year’s speech by King Albert I

Belgians!

Last year we made a great accomplishment. Our nation was able to restore its former glory as a colonial power. Our colony of Dakar is the foundation of a new Belgian presence in Western Africa. The large areas of Western Africa, formerly controlled by the National-French have now devolved into anarchy. In this darkness there is still light, the colony of Dakar stands out as a safe haven of European civilization!

We have noticed that the United Communes of France have been unable to protect their brethren abroad. The Kingdom of Belgium promises to protect the French-speaking population trapped in these areas overrun by anarchy! Do not fear, we will restore the order!

The expansion of the port of Antwerp is going as planned and in a few years this will bring us great benefits. I’m also delighted to hear that the construction of petrochemical facilities has succeeded and that those factories will start production the next year. We will work hard to further improve our great nation this year!

- His Majesty King Albert I, King of the Belgians

320px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png

The fighting in the north has been concluded and talks have commenced with several nations to resolve lingering issues. Once our neighbors know they can turn their focus away from us and not view the lands and people of the Republic of Italy as a problem to them we can also ask for their help giving us a hand up. Though great work lays ahead of us, it can be done with the aid of others. Just as one Italian cannot easily build a house by himself but with the help of friends can achieve the goal faster, so to will it be with a nation. Moving forward we can find out who the friends of the Italian people are and retake our place as a central part of European peace and stability. Once the time is right our fleets will patrol the Mediterranean in strength for safety sake and we too shall construct an airforce to be certain our view abroad is heard and back properly.

Now however the rebuilding must begin. Italy will be extremely prosperous again and we will heal the wounds of the past few years. Naples will see a new city rise up in its location as a symbol of what Italians can do together as a united people and the infrastructure so vital to a nation as this will be made the envy of Europe. Steps will be many and the journey long, very likely there will have to be a tax increase to afford much of this but it will be going towards bettering the lives of Italian citizens and not external problems. There are several key programs being drawn up and debated in the upper levels of government and once the preparation work is done they will be unveiled to the nation. Stability, safety, prosperity and order will be the goals for this nation moving forward. If we lack a strong foundation we cannot achieve the more noble goals and work on making our own wonders for the world again. Only united however can this be achieved.

Ivanoe Bonomi ~ President of the Republic of Italy

"On this day, the Australian parliament has officially passed the 'Commonwealth Ties Act' 60-15 in the house and in the senate 25-11. This act officially severs ties with the United Kingdom, creating a independent Australia, and officially creating the Ministry of External Affairs, for Australia to determine her own foreign affairs instead of bowing down to His Majesty. This bill, creates a completely independent Australia, no longer bowing down to another nation and creating a new flag for our nation officially eliminating the union jack from our nations flag. Also, today is the day former Governor-General Henry Forster, 1st Baron Forster will be leaving with his family from the Darwin port, back to London.

~ The Sydney Morning Herald, January 1st, 1921

96f1cfa6-4953-4db3-bdaa-a411a8304353_zps4ed8d7c5.jpg

Henry Forster, 1st Baron Forster the last Governor-General of the Dominion of Australia

82516286-0957-4ba0-b89a-a9bd07ec4eab_zps0f1d5f35.jpg

People of Australia! Today, is the day we become a nation of our own. No longer, being controlled by His Majesty. Today, is the day things change! We have opened our fist Ministry of External Affairs to deal with international issues instead of doing what ever the King did. We have changed our flag, to represent our nation better instead of appeasing the British government. Our people, our nation will be able to do things on our own, show the world that Australia can be on international stage! I ask you the people of Australia, to follow us and believe in our nation we no longer need a mother, we are grown up now!

Though, we hope to keep ties with the United Kingdom through trade deals, and maybe alliance. We are not completely getting rid of everything British, but we will assert our independence as an nation apart from his Majesty. So, we hope to keep certain ties with His Majesty, but at the same time we are our own nation and we hope the United Kingdom will respect that.

On Ireland, I believe that we must support the Irish in their fight for freedom against the United Kingdom. I do not know at this moment if we will give support to the Irish militants, but I do believe in the cause that their fighting for. I would also like to create ties with other former Commonwealth nations such as South Africa, but also nations such as the U.S.A and other European nations that do not support the German Empire, as the British do.

Today is Australia's day! Onward for Australia!

~The Rt. Hon Billy Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia​

Attachments

• Ac.forster.jpg
    Ac.forster.jpg
    14,6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
flags_florida_spain.jpg

The Kingdom of Spain

Soldiers, sailors, workers, farmers, and fellow citizens of the Kingdom of Spain:

The past year has been one of trials and tribulations for Spain and her people. The communists that claim an independent Catalonia and a so-called resplendent Portugal seek to extinguish the very flame of democracy and liberty that warms the hearts of millions and carries the tradition of progress and freedom through the mountains, hills, fields, and city streets of Spain. These communists are yet those that, with every fiber in their body, and every ounce of strength in their mind that they can muster, would wish to see our nation destroyed. They would see our crops burning under a midnight moon, our fields salted into infertility, our cities looted and ransacked under the command of chaos and anarchy, our leaders and intelligentsia executed as to provide us no unity, our nation reduced to such a small speck of sand in the great desert of world politics and intrigue so as to destroy our very heritage, our very culture, our very history. If their goal is to destroy the liberty that has been brought to this land - a goal that is, without question, undeniably theirs in their corrupted hearts and minds - then it is their goal to see to the destruction of the Spanish people themselves.

As those we fight against refuse to see the reason that we have begged for them to see, sending thousands to the fields and city streets so that they might either die a glorious death or bring about the destruction of the Spanish Nation, thousands more have answered the call to serve. Over three-hundred thousand men of the Spanish Kingdom were recruited into the Royal Army alone this previous year, a feat never before achieved. A hundred-thousand men with origins from the world over, with different religions, ethnicities, and nationalities in their heart and past, have answered the call to defend this nation so that liberty and democracy may yet live upon the Iberian Peninsula. The people of Spain take to the factories, providing valuable weapons, equipment, and supplies on the front-lines for those that fight for the very freedom and liberty that we, as citizens, have enjoyed for so long, and the very freedom and liberty that is so endangered in this world by, like those that we fight, wish to see it destroyed forever. The elections of the Royal Spanish Parliament have seen a surge in the Party of Kingdom and Country, the ousting of the Nationalists, and the termination of the Communist Party as an organized Parliamentary ideology. The people have spoken; the words of liberty and democracy and justice and equality are on the lips of every Spaniard nationwide, the church-tower bells from Cadiz to Santander peal in joyous celebration of the sacrifices of those that fight the enemy that so hate us, and the entire nation of the Spanish people are moving forward towards peace and prosperity!

The communists we fight today realize that they are on their last legs; the true victory that this nation seeks is at hand. Advances made by the Army of the Ebro and the Eastern Legion have penetrated Catalan lines, grinding through the enemy fortifications and even now, as I speak, threaten Barcelona with the guns of the Royal Army. The Army of the Tagus has broken through the Portuguese lines on the border and are in a position to launch a mass-offensive against the capital of Lisbon. The sacrifices of a hundred-thousand Spaniards shall not be in vain; the many hundreds of thousands more that stand in their place shall see to it that the job is finished, and that this world shall, henceforward, be forever free from the tyrannical government that would be imposed by a communist society.

To the new recruits that are intent on defending the country that they love so much: it is the evil things we shall be fighting against - brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression, and persecution - and against them I am certain that the right will prevail.

Let us therefore steal ourselves for the task at hand; the defeat of those that wish to see the Spanish democracy, which has extended to the women of the nation the franchise, and has brought about unequaled prosperity in the history of this nation, in ruin at their feet. "Let us, then, fellow citizens, unite with one heart and one mind," said the famed American Founding Father Thomas Jefferson. I believe it is that time that we unite and do our duties to the utmost: the defense of democracy, liberty, justice, equality, and freedom.

¡Viva España! ¡Viva la democracia! ¡Adelante!

~ His Royal Majesty Alfonso XIII, King of Spain, Grand Prince of Morocco

Last edited:
UnitedFrenchCommunes.jpg

The United French Communes

It is indeed remarkable to see what a staunch supporter of democracy and liberty the King of Spain becomes when his undemocratic, hereditary position is challenged or threatened. This is the same Alfonso who once attempted to overturn the Spanish Constitution and install himself as an absolute ruler. This is the same Alfonso who summarily ejects political parties from his supposedly independent legislature whenever he considers them a danger. This is the same Alfonso who rejected diplomacy and chose to wage war against the freedom-loving people of Catalonia.

The pattern is clear: A tyrant whenever possible, a patriot and democrat when convenient. It is hardly surprising that the Spanish Communist Party and the people of Catalonia rose up against him, even less surprising that their comrades in Portugal joined their righteous cause. The Spanish kingdom crumbles beneath his feet while he shrieks of glorious victories, the people of Spain shredded in a hail of gunfire in the name of his vanity and privilege. It is clear that Alfonso will sacrifice anything, so long as it is not himself or his crown, in pursuit of what he sees as rightfully his. Like a spoiled child, he cries out "Mine! Mine!" without pausing to consider the human cost of his arrogant greed.

Should Spanish democracy hope to survive another of Alfonso's absolutist spasms, the people of Spain must throw off the yoke of monarchy and embrace true freedom. Because, you see, Thomas Jefferson also said this: "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." The choice of the Iberian people is clear: Join with the patriots, or acquiesce to the tyrant.

~ Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the Communes of France

The Turkish wonders if it is indeed France's place to critique other nation's foreign policy, after it had just been defeated in the most horrendous war known to mankind. Maybe France should stick to itself until such a point where France may once again rear it's head proudly amongst the nations of the world.

~Turkish Ambassador to France

flags_florida_spain.jpg

The Kingdom of Spain

It is indeed interesting when a man defends a government which overthrew a state - albeit absolutist in nature - with widespread violence and death by mocking a country that is defending the ideals of liberty and democracy.

It is also quite interesting to refer to myself as "absolutist". The attempts at re-writing the Constitution to reflect democratic ideals and ideology were a failure up until several years ago; the proposition to re-write the Constitution in favor of an absolutist King in place - myself, that is to say - was suggested by multiple aides and supporters when the people grew weary of my attempts at reforming the government into a much more representative and direct democratic order. I myself was forced into doing such an act with threats of coup and rebellion; only when they witnessed the economic and political result of attempting to make the Parliament a rubber stamp did they quietly withdraw their ideas, allowing the re-molding of the Constitution into the document that it is today.

It should go without saying that the communist regime that claims itself the rightful government of Portugal is, in fact, a vulture looking to strike when their enemy has been defeated by the violent and uncompromising communists that reside within the Iberian Peninsula. The Portuguese were incorrect, however, in surmising that the Spanish Nation was destroyed and defeated. We are far from it. In fact, the rebellious and greedy communists in Catalonia are soon to be defeated, and the underground freedom-fighters in support of a republic, a constitutional monarchy, or a representative democracy are already moving against their tyrannical oppressors. They send their men to die over territory and power.

The claims that I rejected diplomacy and called for war against the communists? Ha! I laugh at your attempts to ignore the simple facts of the matter. While I rejected the demands for Catalonian independence, a move that would not treat all Spaniards equal, but treat one group - the Catalans - in some sort of special regard, which would be disastrous for not only the stability of the Kingdom of Spain, but the political stability of Iberia as a whole, I still offered continued discussion in regards to the representation of the Communist Party in the Parliament, as well as other parties and their respective ideologies. Not only this, but as the diplomats and the government of the Kingdom of Spain sought to give unto the rebelling communists amnesty - amnesty even after they had declared open rebellion, a cause of violence and death against their own neighbors and brethren - the communist dissenters were the ones that ceased all diplomatic negotiations, instead opting to trying their hand at spilling the blood of thousands of Iberian men and women and hoping to install their own tyrannical, totalitarian government. The words of Chairman Millerand could not be further from the truth in this regard.

I would also hardly call the system by which the Portuguese use as a pretext for blatantly invading Spain as "freedom-loving". Their regime that they have installed is repressive and totalitarian, annihilating freedom of speech and religion and forming a one-party state where only one demographic - the workers - are held in high regard, dismissing the so many other middle and upper-class peoples that, all when combined, form the backbone of a society.

When the nation of France and her people fought the German Empire from the fields of Alsace-Lorraine to the streets of the great city of Paris, I did not call for a widespread republican or monarchical revolution against the communist government, of which you are the Chairman. No, I did not. Instead, I called for peace in Europe, peace for mankind, so as to avoid the war that has so destroyed an entire generation of European men. And you call me the tyrant and the warmonger. So be it.

~ His Royal Majesty Alfonso XIII, King of Spain, Grand Prince of Morocco

210b93f3-256a-4f2b-b3e2-0b2eb1008c51_zps29d0e0ce.jpg
Treaty of Honolulu
11409889-21e1-4a0c-8b5d-c820ded7eb10_zps652be1d5.jpg

I. The United States of America and the Dominion of Australia promise to lower trade tariffs to 10% between each of our nations.
II. The United States of America and the Dominion of Australia, will protect each other in case of threat in the Pacific theater.
III. The United States of America will send economic advisers to the Dominion of Australia to help develop there economy.

[] President Alice Roosevelt Longworth
[X] The Rt. Hon Prime Minister Billy Hughes

I hope the United States of America can agree to the proposal, I offer them. This treaty will benefit both our nations greatly especially keeping the Pacific region stable and benefiting our economies.

~ The Rt. Hon Billy Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia

Last edited:
Treaty of Emden​

[X] Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands and the Dutch East Indies, Princess of Orange-Nassau

Despite all our outstanding grievances with the German Empire, Her Majesty's Government offers its gratitude for this fair and impartial peace. Our only regret is that it arrived too late to save the brave few who have already perished in our portion of the war, and the tens of millions who perished prior to our entry.

That is the last we shall speak of this bloody chapter in our European history; we have already said enough. The Great War, as it is already becoming known, was an unparalleled period of malice and evil, which has made a mockery of our civilisation and its ostensible Christian character. For the past century, the world has revolved around Europe. What impression shall they take now, when they regard us funnelling our men into the meat-grinder for the sake of unnecessary strife? Already, the fault-lines of future conflict are evident; even as the world's statesmen ascribe their signatures to treaties of peace and friendship, they already have murder on their minds. The Great War shall only be truly concluded when such statesmen purge these thoughts from their mind, and learn to live in harmony with one another.

The German Empire is now the predominant and pre-eminent nation in Europe. This is a startling transformation, for a nation that only emerged half a century ago. Posterity shall attest whether it was a development for the good or the bad, but we cannot comment on that. Her Majesty's Government holds to their German counterpart that they possess a vast imperium in Europe, influential enough to determine the fate of this entire continent. We implore them to use their new-found power carefully and considerately. The French Empire of Napoleon lasted for only a little less than he did, because it perpetuated itself on war and conquest; the British Empire chose the path of peace and independence for all nations, and has endured now for almost as long as Rome itself. Her Majesty implores her distant relation, the German Emperor, to consider these two paths, and ensure that the German Empire shall be remembered benevolently.

On this subject of imperial benevolence, we proceed now to discuss the developments in the Dutch East Indies. Let those who would carve out an empire with the sword and the rifle take note: no measure of tyranny can suppress a captive people for long; only the inspiration of good governance, and a flourishing and mutual relationship between ruler and ruled, shall ensure continuity. This was the lesson learned in Europe, when the absolutist relics were torn down and supplanted with young democracies and republics. For too long, European overseas expansion has failed to result in the proliferation of democracy. We have seen dual systems emerge: parliamentary at home, punitive abroad. If we wish to allay the the disgraceful veneer drawn across Europe by this past war, then we must demonstrate our willingness to practice in our colonial possessions what we profess to cherish in our homelands.

On this note, we announce that the Estates-General, having been in extraordinary session due to the outbreak of general war, shall be immediately dissolved and fresh elections held. These shall be the first elections in which the people of the East Indies shall be empowered to exercise their voice and determine their own political destinies. We wish them well.

Her Majesty, Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands and the Dutch East Indies