• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GermanImperialFlag.gif

My German brothers and sisters, our nation has been through a tough few years, firstly a severe economic crisis stymied the growth of our industries, then Communist rabble-rousers took it upon themselves to create as much anarchy and chaos as possible. Thankfully, the battle hardened veterans of the war in the East were more than a match for the Communist scum and the planned economic revitalisation of the nation surely return prosperity and growth back to the nation.

In regards to the happenings in Scandinavia, we must caution our friends in the north against falling for the honeyed words of the Swedes. These are the same men who promised freedom for the Finns, then oppressed them, causing them to rise against those Swedish liars and charlatans and with German support, struck off the chains that held them down. We hope that Denmark, Norway and Finland take the words of the Swedes and weigh them with caution as we advised today.

It is sad to see that, as Turkey and our friends the Armenians just gain our freedom and independence, the freedom of soverignty across the world is dying.

Concerning this "union" conceived by the Swedish, we hope the Nords make the choice that benifits themselves the most, and not simply give in to a stronger power. That being said, if the nations choose to join Sweden, that is their choice and we will support the union.

Concerning the annexation proposal of the Dominican Republic to the US, we are sad that a nation could become so poor that they need to lose their soverignty as a result. However, the bill came from a elected parliament, so the people's will has spoken.

((OOC: American Empire and Swedish Empire 0.o, I am going to be lucky to survive XD))

Subject to Congressional approval, the United States of America will accept the terms proposed by the Dominican Congress. May this mark the beginning of a new ear of prosperity for the Dominican people and the expansion of new markets and the new ideas to the American people.

~President Morgan

I, nor anyone in Our Government, has proposed the annexation of any country. We humbly asked that the Finns, Danes and Norwegians, as well as the Icelanders, come closer together in tandem with us. Sweden is not first among the Scandinavians, nay, we are all equals, bound by our common heritage and struggle. I question the recollection of His Majesty, the Kaisar, for Finland did not rise up against Sweden, rather they rose against their more oppressive Russian overlords. It was they who sought to Russify the so-called Grand Duchy of Finland, and it was they who paid the price for underestimating Finnish pride and determination. We mean no offense in any way to the German monarch, but we do ask that he consult a history textbook once in a while.

I do not wish for a foceful annexation of Our neighbours, I wish for a common cause, a common bond that can join us; I wish for friendship above all things. My intentions and motivations are not sinister, and I caution the peoples of Scandinavia on listening to the words of an autocrat who knows nothing of our custom or traditions.

Gustaf V, King of Sweden

GermanImperialFlag.gif

What revisionist history books have they been writing in Sweden, surely King Gustav understand what happened during the War of the three Emperors. Let me quote directly from the book of the pre-eminent historian on the aforementioned war and it's consequences for the Nordic countries.

The recent Swedish annexation of Finland, Karelia, and Kola created a huge uproar throughout the nation. Norwegians, who had supported Sweden, thinking the War was only to free the Finnish, and not annex them, declared the union between Sweden and Norway to be dissolved completely.

The Finns and the other minorities to the East, openly rebelled against Swedish rule.

In Finland proper, the Finnish Free Corps, a group of radical Nationalists, that rejected the ideals of the Bolsheviks and the idea of Swedish rule, Helsinki was under control of the Finnish Free Corps, and a new nation, simply the Republic of Finland, was proclaimed.

The news of the opposition of many Finns and Norwegians to your cause may prove upsetting. The actions by perfidious Swedes will not be forgotten lightly in these nations and our Nordic friends will think long and hard about their dealings with the Swedish.

OOC: Quotes taken from here.

The Kingdom of Italy

Marshal Emilio De Bono's State of the Kingdom Address

12382-004-02F74109.jpg

Comrades, Royal Italian Army, Navy and Air force men, commanders and political instructors, men and women workers, intellectuals, brothers and sisters in Vlore and our colonies. The past year has been one of many failures with only a few bright spots. We have seen corrupt industrialists and government officials stealing money from the government, Communist meddling in Italian industries and the destruction of the free and independent Syria State. I ask you not to lose hope my brothers,these are only temporary setbacks, the night is always darkest before the dawn.

I want to make clear that those reasonable for the failure of the drive to industrialization will be punished in the harshest manner possible, Italy will not tolerate wreckers and saboteurs and will use everything in her power to stop them. To make sure this never happens again, anyone who steals government property or money will be summarily executed.

Those behind these tragedies the communists have not escaped our attention. They are behind every bad thing that happens to Italy and they will not be satisfied until Italy is smouldering ruin. I have warned the communists what would happen if they continued to go down this path. They have chosen to continue and now the only option left is to liquidate communists inside Italy. Brothers and sister we must close our hearts to pity, no mercy must shown to them. The very concept of Italian communism will be completely obliterated.

The ongoing war in China has been our ray of hope in all the darkness of last year, our casualties may be heavy but the spirit of the Italian soldier remains and shall never be broken. The enemy has suffered massive losses, every day we become stronger and they weaker, every day the pendulum swings in our favour. I do not promise the campaign will not be quick, I do not count on any decisive victories, it will be a slow and steady campaign of attrition but in the end we will be victoriour.

I would like to personally thank the commander of the Royal Italian Army in China, Lieutenant general Armando Diaz for his brilliant leadership and awe inspiring confidence. For his great achievements in China, I promote Diaz to the rank of General. May god bless him and our brave soldiers in China.

On behalf on Italy and the King I send condolences to the Swiss people, this tragedy was not an accident but an act of cold blooded murder. As gesture of good will to Swiss people, the executives of Bertolli-Berndorff who fled to Italy were arrested and and thrown off the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Let it be known that Italy will not be safe haven for criminals.

Only by surrendering ourselves totally to the King and the military can Italy become a world power, only by exterminating the communists can Italy be free. I hope every Italian realises that we are at war not just with China but communists, wreckers, saboteurs, traitors and anarchists. There are no front lines, we can only win this struggle if abandon all sense of individuality and pledging totally loyalty to the Kingdom.

Long Live the Military!

Long Live Italy!

Long live the King!​

((OOC: can I announce new parliament bills here in plain view if I have already issued my orders? This is a spur of the moment idea to take advantage of things. I'd announce it, but I don't want to anger the mods :S))

A Duty to the International Community

When Greece started living again in 1832, we had much reason to thank the International Community, as we were bound to fail if not for the Intervention of great nations such as France, the United Kingdom and Russia. Now, that Greece has grown beyond that and is living and breathing the air of freedom once again, it is our duty to thank the International Community. The Chinese Government is corrupt and inefficient, just as the Ottoman was, leaving room for rebellion and instability. But in the case of China, unlike the case of Greece, revolt was something bad. The Revolts in China are vicious and directed against humanitarian principles.

Now is the time to return the favor to the International Community and show, that thanks to their greatness, Greece has ascended on its path to becoming a nation state and is now ready to do its duty. We can not only take, now is the time to give back and i call upon you to volunteer for the path of righteousness, a path that is our duty.

For Greece, for the Kingdom, for Honor. This is our time.

The Qing Emperor Ruler of all under heaven finds the inaccuracy of the Greek remarks ridiculous. You can't compare China with the Ottoman empire. China's government was reforming ridding itself of corruption before panicking western powers fearing Chinese strength attacked seeking to prevent the inevitable rise of China to the status of a great power.Unlike the Ottomans the Chinese are the Majority of the Chinese Empire. There are some Mongols and Tibetans and a few other peoples but the Bulk of the Population is Chinese of some sort. They claim the recent revolts are against Humanitarian principles. On the contrary they oppose Imperialistic aims of the Western powers which are as against Humanitarian principles as you can get. The Western power murder and kill to gain access to resources stealing land and cheating the natives. Imperialism is the world's worst evil and China will oppose Imperialism every step of the way. China has already liberated some of the Vietnamese from French Slavery in Vietnam and soon the rest will also be liberated. Decolonization will soon sweep across the world freeing the oppressed from the Slavery they are forced to put up with.

GM: Since Congo hasn't been heard from for a while, I'll be handling the South American orders again this turn. The players of Chile and Argentina need to send me their orders ASAP.

The Parliament of Turkey has announced three new bills have past the House of Representives, which will guide the the FST (Free State of Turkey) to true freedom.

Post-War Parliament Construction Bill

1.a) The current parliament of elected representives will be dubbed the Lower House
b) The Lower House will be elected by population via district
c) Each district will be represented by 80 000 people
d) A census will conducted to create new districts based on (c)
e) The function of the Lower House will be to create bills to submit to the Upper House
f) The Lower House will act under a party electoral system

2.a) A new house will created, an Upper House
b) The Upper House be comprised 1 member by each province
c) Each province will be based on historic provinces of the Ottoman Empire
d) The function of the Upper House is to review and be a second glance at all bills past by the lower house
e) The Upper House will be elected by a Independent basis, parties are not banned, but the discouraged in order for the Upper House to work more on an individual level
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Executive Act
1.a) The Lower House will elect a Prime Minister from within by the confidence of the Lower House
b) The duties of the Prime Minister will be to manage internal affairs in the Free State of Turkey

2.a) The Upper House will elect a President from within by confidence of the Upper House
b) The duties of the President will be to manage the external affairs of the Free State of Turkey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Isimsiz Act
1.a) The Isimsiz Division will be created as part of the Turkish Republican Army
b) The Isimsiz Division will accept any application to join said division, unless they fail physical tests
c) The applicants to the Isimsiz Division are Required to join under a pseudonym
d) The applicants can be of any nationality, creed, colour or belief
e) If they are wounded in combat, a member of the Isimsiz Division will automatically gain Turkish citizenship
f) If they have served with valour for 3+ years, and are recommended by their officer, they can leave the division and become a Turkish citizen with Turkish citizenship
g) The Isimsiz Division recognises the French Foreign Legion as their Brethern and "Godparent", and in any interaction between the two units, the Isimsiz will recognise its juniorship and treat the FFL with deference and respect

((OOC:sorry Kel, but I needed to shore up what the FST really is, though I'm sure you'll make me pay for the work in backfires XD))

Last edited:
((OOC: Done, and I edited it (stupid mistake mixing up de jure and de facto concidering that I'm in political science in university, oh well :p)))

The Kingdom of Italy is puzzled by the actions of the British in the Near East, we were under the assumption that this was a war of liberation. We compiled with your demands to leave Syria and even set up a free Syrian state as a gesture of goodwill, yet you dissolved the Syrian State and hand the land back to the Turks. We ask the British to explain their actions.

~ Emilio De Bono, Marshal of Italy, Minister of War on behalf of Victor Emmanuel III, by the Grace of God and the Will of the Nation, King of Italy

Last edited:
The entire time we made it very clear our goal was regime change, not blanket liberation. The regime is now changed and it was up to the new Turkish government to do with the former Ottoman lands as they deem fit.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

The German Empire is disgusted at the actions of the British Empire, bringing down a nation with a long and storied history and replacing it with nothing but anarchy and violence. There is but one thing to be gained from the destruction of one of the World's pre-eminent nations, chaos. The people of the Middle East will suffer misery and death because of the decisions made by the British today.

xiiau.png

As Chairman and Soverign of the Provisional Government of Western Armenia, I must join my peers and fellows in the international community in their concern and criticism over the British decision to maintain Turkish rule over the states of the Fertile Crescent. The Free State of Turkey, our great friend and ally, was founded on the basis of ethnic Turkish nationalism - an ideal incompatible with continued rule and administration of the Arab, Kurdish and Syriac peoples of Syria, Phoenicia, Palestine and Mesopotamia. Although we recognise that these territories are now legally in the possession of the Free State of Turkey, we would appeal to our friends in Istanbul to give these lands their freedom and independance, as they have done for Armenia and indeed Turkey itself. Should it be needed and necessary, Armenia will assist and mediate on this issue, at the request of the Turkish or British governments.

But now, I shall turn to domestic matters. Firstly, I am pleased with the success of the Armenian military, and their skilful command by Marshal Ozanian. The establishment of order, law and security throughout all of the Armenian Republic is welcome news for all us in the Provisional Government. With the nation secure, our national revolution against the Ottomans is finally and properly concluded. And thus, we as the provisional government may work to establishment of a Armenian government and constitution. With the assistance of Marshal Ozanian and the Catholicos of Armenia, the Provisional Government is now working on drafting and creating the first constitution of the independent Armenian nation. For now, the deliberations and discussions regarding the constitution shall remain private, although when agreed and signed upon, the constitution shall be published and presented to the Armenian people and international community. I hope, and shall strive to, the establishment of a constitution that shall protect and serve the Armenian nation and the Armenian people, as has been their sovereign right since the foundation of the Armenian race. Once the constitution is adopted, the Provisional Government shall be dissolved and a General Election for Armenia's first sovereign, representative government shall be held. When this happens, I shall gladly step down as Chairman of the Provisional Government of Western Armenia and hand power over to my successor and his government, whoever they may be. God Save the Provisional Government, and God Save Armenia!

- Chairman Aram Manukian

Last edited: