• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The British Empire demands a full explanation of the situation in Persia. We are perhaps also forced to send an investigative group to confirm whatever reports the Russians officially provide us. The situation itself may be found completely intolerable. While we celebrate the advancement in naval technology and the prestige and power this brings us, the new ship may be required to undergo a field test if tensions around the world lead us and the Commonwealth to war.

500px-US_flag_46_stars.svg.png

The United States of America

The Wright Brothers' astonishing act of heavier than air flight is astounding, and shows the true marvels that humanity is capable of with its enduring pursuit of science and engineering. This triumph of the human spirit will be recorded for the ages!

The United States hopes that the lands set aside for preservation and the use of future generations. May these lands forever be a monument to the beauty and grandeur of our great nation!

The United States is pleased to have deepened its trading relations with its northern neighbor and signing of a new treaty to ensure peace in the Pacific Ocean.

The successful conclusion engagement against the rebels in the Philippines will hopefully bring peace and usher in a new period of prosperity for this once benighted region. Additionally, Governor Taft should be commended for his skillful handling of the case.

OOC: I don't know if I should get involved in this game again seeing how terribad I did in the last one, but what the hell. I want to be the nation of Ethiopia if I can.

OOC: Making it easy for yourself, eh?

People of Bulgaria! This year we have continued our rebuilding of the Macedonian provinces after the Turks devastated them. We have also commenced the construction of factories around Bulgaria. We encourage the people of Bulgaria to invest in factories. Not only will it improve our nation but it will also generate income for yourselves and improve your lives.
His Royal Majesty, Ferdinand I, Tsar of Bulgaria

People of Serbia! Once again, we have beaten back the Italians. While we may have suffered casualties, we were in the end victorious, against a foe which vastly outnumbers and outguns us. The sacrifices of our brave soldiers shall never be forgotten, and though many are becoming wary of this conflict, we must see it through to the end.

Furthermore, we welcome our Albanian brothers into our fair nation. Serbia shall endeavour to treat the Albanian people with the respect they deserve, and once this conflict is over we shall work towards rebuilding the Albanian lands, which have been struck hard by the war.

Greco-North Epirote Treaty of Friendship

Agreeing that Greeks will not fight among their own king and seeing the necessity to stabilize the Balkans, the following is agreed to by the representatives of the Republic of North Epirus and the Kingdom of Greece

1. To assure that there is no split of families or groups of people the border between the Republic of North Epirus and the Kingdom of Greece will remain open.
2. The Kingdom of Greece and the Republic of North Epirus will agree to combat foreign threats as allies.
3. The Kingdom of Greece and the Republic of North Epirus will cooperate in economic development and thus agree to lower tariffs and restrictions on the flow of goods.

[x] George I, King of the Hellenes
[x] Georgios Christakis Zografos, President of the Republic of North Epirus

Last edited:
Danubian Federation
7kDaf.png

Firstly, I would like to say that I am pleased with how events have turned out in the Federation, people investing in our economy and making the Federation more self-sufficient brings more jobs, and allows our citizens to not entirely rely on foreign goods and services. I would also like to say that the Danubian Federation is the one things that allowed this to happen, as each citizen is treated equally in the Federation; no matter what your race, language or religion is. Secondly, I would like to say that the French act of trying to make Germany declare war on them is dishonourable, and doing such act is not fit for a Great Power such as France. I would also like to say that France and the Qing Empire should come to the peace table, and bring an end to this conflict before it escalates to large levels.

Thirdly, I would like to congratulate the Wright Brothers on conducting the first heavier than air flight, and I think that this technology could have a large impact, but only if it is able to allow longer flight times. Fourthly, I would like to say that the Danubian Federation will attend the 1904 Olympic Games, as we have attended them last time. We hope that these games will be as good as the previous ones. Considering the conflict in Europe, I would like to say that our stance will remain neutral until further notice. We hope for further Prosperity in the Federation, to make it remain the Great Power it deserves to be, and for further peace in our lands; contributing to further prosperity.

- Kaiser Franz Joseph I, Emperor of the Danubian Federation.

Treaty of San Francisco

In signing this treaty the Japanese Empire of the East and the United States of America agree to the following:

1. Both the United States of America and the Japanese Empire of the East will set the tariffs on each other's good to 20%, in order to encourage the development of trade between the two nations.

2. The United States of America will send advisers to aid in the development of the Japanese Navy as soon as the proper preparations have been made.

3. The United States of America and the Japanese Empire will enter into a limited defensive alliance for the protection of Pacific, however such an alliance is invalid against the British Empire

[] President Theodore Roosevelt
[X] Signed by Emperor Meji

We are putting the Royal Navy at a higher state of alert and mobilizing all off duty naval personnel. This is a defensive measure only and is not intended as to alert any other nation. The UK will not risk any possible trickery or surprise assaults upon it, its allies or the Commonwealth. Attempts to covertly change our current neutrality may be found to be an act of war as well as attempts to abuse our neutrality may be found to be an act of war.

As the situation develops we will update the country as required and may change our diplomatic stance as required. As a reminder to the warring parties, attacks on neutrals will risk our wrath and an attack upon Belgium will guarantee it.

In response to this blatant act of agression, and to protect the fatherland and our people, I call upon every German man to flock to the local recruitment centers, and to sign up for the German Army. To arms, fellow Germans! We have been attacked once again, but we do not stand alone, and we shall not falter!

Further, I call upon the members of the Central Powers to honor their promises and oaths, and to aid Germany in this darkest hour. Let us be brothers in arms once again!

In response to the blatant and unprovoked act of aggression by the French, I declare my full support for Germany as the Triple Alliance requires me to do so, if the French declare war on Germany, I will be required to declare war on them, furthermore I put my military in the state of FULL MOBILISATION.

This news of war breaking out across Europe is disturbing. Should Spain's neutrality be threatened in any way, I will immediately reconsider my position in this war.

Alfonso XIII
King of Spain

What act of aggression? We have mobilized our forces in response to German aggression against our Merchant Fleet. We have no idea what act of aggression the Austrians are referring to, but it sounds like a ploy to send their so-called Federation into war, against the wishes of it's citizens.

Furthermore, we denounce the German so-called discoveries as yet another complete fabrication of the German government. Frankly, the world should be tired of the German attempts to blame the French for everything. First it was the strikes, which were caused by French agents. Now, they acquired some supposed documents, undoubtedly through completely legal and non-fictional needs, and then their fertile imagination could still complicate things even further by claiming that these fictional documents are actually forgeries intended to provoke German aggression! If the German government devoted itself to novel-writing rather than waging war, it might be more successful.

Battle of the Mediterranean

As 1904 hit the world, the French Republic, after watching some of their ships seized in the Black Sea, officially declared that a state of War between the German Empire and the French Republic now existed, claiming that the unlawful seizure of French ships, that had been abandoned, was an act of war. The French Navy, intent on trying to smash the German blockading fleet in the Black Sea that caused the whole mess, ordered the French Mediterranean Fleet into the Mediterranean to try and break the blockade, and ensure that supplies flowed freely to the Russian Empire once again. When the French Navy was spotted off the coast of Italy, word quickly spread to the Germans, who, knowing that they could not hold out against the French Fleet, decided to split their forces in two. One would remain behind the protective walls of the Bosporus Strait, while the other half would attempt to break out, and enter the Suez, in an attempt to reach German ports in Afrika.

The first main push by the French Navy came in the Bosporus, where the Ottoman Empire, unwilling to break her neutrality, had German seaman forcefully come ashore, and take control of German-built shore batteries, which began to hammer away at the French Fleet as it tried to force its way inside the Bosporus. The narrow passageway, along with the heavy guns, inflected massive casualties on the French, with the sinks sinking and causing a hazardous waterway, leaving little room to maneuver for the remaining ships. [-2 Large Ships from France. -8 Small Ships from France.]

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R36225%2C_T%C3%BCrkei%2C_Dardanellen%2C_Schweres_Gesch%C3%BCtz.jpg

A German Heavy Artillery piece on the sides of the Bosporus Strait.

One Ottoman Commander, who was fully intent on keeping his country neutral in this conflict, ordered that the rightfully Ottoman Artillery be taken back by force. A full regiment of Ottoman Soldiers stormed into the forts holding these guns, and ordered the surrender of them to the Ottoman Army. Some Germans did not comply, and instead they were shot, as they were technically unlawfully using Ottoman Military Property. The Guns were silenced, and the French could move through, but after two more ships were grounded trying to maneuver through the narrow passage, all hopes of getting into, or out of, the Strait were impossible. The German blockading fleet was stuck inside the Black Sea. [Bosporus Strait blocked by sunken ships. German fleet stuck. -2 Small Ships from France.]

As for the other half of the German Navy, the French quickly turned about and laid chase to them. The French tried to wire ahead to the British to close the Canal, but it was too late. The German ships were already in the canal by the time the French Navy arrived. The Germans felt that, finally, they were safe because the British would refuse to allow them entry into the Canal. An irate French commander, however, thought otherwise. He ordered one of the French Ships, a small destroyer, to charge into the Canal, and fire everything they had at another, smaller German ship. The French ship was able to get a few hits below the waterline, and the German ship began to sink, right in the middle of the Suez Canal. The German ships ordered a full steam ahead, to try and reach Great Bitter Lake. [-1 Small Ships from Germany.]

The French soon followed, maneuvering around the now-sunken ship. A fight at the mouth of Great Bitter Lake broke out, when the German ships had grouped together to try and provide a salvo for the approaching French ships, in a bid to try and sink one of them. The lead French ship, a cruiser, was struck with a shell in her funnel, where it charged down into the Engine room and exploded, ripping the ship into two pieces, where one slammed into the bank of the Canal, and the other blocked the middle of the waterway. The French Ships steamed out into Lake, where one of them attacked another German ship that was attempting to ram the group as a whole. A blast ripped through the wheelhouse, destroying it and all chances of steering the vessel. The ship slammed into a French ship, ripping it's hull apart, before both of them rested at the mouth of the canal's dump into the Lake, completely blocking any more traffic to the North.

schorn.jpg

The German Ship that veered out of control and blocked the entire Suez Canal.

With the French Navy confronting the small German contingent left, they were quickly able to sink the rest of the ships, further adding more obstructions in the Suez Canal. The French Navy was able to call a victory of the day, but the fallout from the Battle of the Suez was just beginning to sink in. [-1 Large Ship from Germany. -6 Small Ships from Germany. -1 Large Ship from France. -2 Small Ships from France. Suez Canal unusable due to wreckage.]

A fight had occurred in British territory, but no one knew who to blame. The Germans or the French, as both had equal opportunities to stop such an engagement. Needless to say, London demanded an answer from both Berlin and Paris, as the facts still stood, there were more German ships at the bottom of the Suez than French ships, and at over 5 locations, there were complete obstructions of passage in the canal. The British's most needed lifeline, and the world's, to access to the Orient was officially cut off, sending international trading down into a spiral. [-100 Base Income for any nation that has +Asian trade and is not in Asia.]

Last edited: