• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ru.gif

The people of Russia are underfed

The Russian Empire would like to start trade relations with the Republic Argentina, the world leader in food exportation. We hope this will reduce Russia's internal food levels prices and allow our population to work better and be happier.

Last edited:
If still possible - The Greek Kingdom would be happy to trade with the Kingdom of Sweden, as an exchange of Mediterranean and Northern European goods would benefit our people.
- King George I

Last edited:
The United Kingdom looks forward to another century of prosperity and to furthering the wealth and power of the empire. The Empire will maintain its integrity but will do so while moving forward into a new era.

OOC: brief sorry but wanted something posted. :eek:o

OOC:

My actual army is 100,000 conscripts and 10,000 regulars...now a 110,000 peace-time army for the biggest nation of the world, with a population of 135 million ppl is a bit....small.

Been doing research and it seems that Russia had the largest peace-time army in the world.

http://suite101.com/article/the-imperial-russian-army-of-1914-a6938

I know that this article is about 1905 and pre 1914, but u just don't increase your peace-time army from 110,000 to 1,423,000 in few years.

OOC: Everything is under sized. I very much doubt that Greece could muster only 5,000 men (Less than a third of a division, less than 10 battalions if they are all combat troops) for their peacetime army.

OOC: Fry'll know more, but a significantly larger army might push you into a deficit (costs are a lot higher than in the 1861), whereas he might have felt you should be making a 'profit'. Also, Fry said on the IRC you can mobilise a ton of troops very quickly if you want to. Added to that there might be an element of just balancing the nations.

Like I said, what I could find (and I did look around) all indicated that from the Crimean War onwards Russia steadily shrank it's peacetime force, and only after 1905 did a significant rethink occur; sadly, actual figures are hard to come by. Russia did have problems funding it's pre-reform standing army from what I can find, which certain Tsar's had built up because they liked watching toy soldiers march.

OOC: Hey, uh...why is Bosnia-Hercegovina shown as being A-H at this time? It was only occupied. The annexation of that territory kinda lead to a bit of a crisis.
The Greek borders are also a bit messed up too...and Montenegro's. Just saying.

Treaty of New York

Recognizing the need for increased trade across the Atlantic and necessity of trade,

The German Empire and the United States of America will agree to reduce tariffs between their two countries to a maximum of 20%.

Signatories,

[X] President William McKinley, President of the United States of America
[] Kaiser Willhelm II, Kaiser of the German Empire

Edit: name change

Last edited:
OOC: More random IC to keep things moving

While the Emperor and the Empress Dowager sympathise with the concerns of the group known as ‘The Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists’, Her Imperial Majesty affirms that such illegitimate paramilitary action is illegal within Imperial China. Violence and aggression by any groups will be met with necessary force. As such, groups associated with the ‘The Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists’ are requested to either disband or formally renounce their ties. Similarly, the Society themselves are requested to disband. Such groups wishing to channel their skills into an official avenue are, however, invited to sign up for the Imperial Guard, where they shall receive a reliable income and formal training.

The French Republic announces the initiation of talks with the German Empire with regards to solving the problems caused by the 1870 peace treaty, in it's dispositions concerning the region of Alsace-Lorraine.

We applaud the overture of the German government to solve this question and reduce tension in a continent which has seen far too many wars. We remember the opposition of the German statesmen Otto von Bismarck to the current borders, and we are willing to reach a peaceful compromise.

Last edited:
Flag-Pins-Russia-Brazil.jpg

Treaty of Rio de Janeiro

-Tariffs on goods travelling between both nations will be reduced to a maximum of 21%

[] President Campos Sales, President of the Brazilian Republic
[X] Nicholas II, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

The Treaty of Boston

Recognizing the need for increased trade across the Atlantic and necessity of trade,

Recognizing the need to uphold the ideals of democracy,

The French Third Republic and the United States of America will agree to reduce tariffs between their two countries to a maximum of 20%.

Signatories,

[X] President William McKinley, President of the United States of America
[] President Émile Loubet, President of the French Republic

The Treaty of Fiume
- The Kingdom of Greece and the Austro-Hungarian Empire will enter a formal Trade agreement, regulating and lowering Tariffs and Restrictions on goods.
- In an effort to improve the Equipment of the Greek Army, 10.000 Steyr-Mannlicher Rifles M1895 will be purchased at the Price of 200.000$ (200$ ingame), further purchases will be made in the next years.​

Signed:
[x] - George I King of the Hellenes
[ ] - His Imperial and Royal Apostolic Majesty, Franz Josef I by the Grace of God Emperor of Austria.

Last edited:
[X] His Imperial and Royal Apostolic Majesty, Franz Josef I by the Grace of God Emperor of Austria.