• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(388270)

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 4, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron III
I am playing as the USSR, and for some reason, British, Norwegian and Iraqi troops are in my country fighting alongside my troops against the Germans, when I am not allied with those countries and have not given them transit rights. Why is this? What can I do to kick them out?

There was a bug "back then" with that effect. Have you patched the game? if you have and it is still in, then it probably was patched in an expansion.

Since you only show HOI3 vanilla registered, I would say make sure you have patch 1.4 for HOI3 vanilla, then go get at least the Semper Fi expansion, preferably also the For the Motherland expansion. Patch them up. These 2 expansions fix/correct/improve the vanilla version in sooooo many ways. I would not even bother trying to play without them.

as far as i know it still happens in ftm from time to time and it is necessary to prevent a bigger problem from happening. it doesn't really hurt so i would simply ignore it.

Yes, it´s a buggy feature, which happens in SF and still in FtM (both with last official patches). Enemies of the Axis appear to be thought of as Semi-Alliies, not very far from historic reality. But it´s really annoying, if you want to continue the game after defeating the axis of evil by fighting the WW III. I had played such a game as USA in SF: Although after I had attacked the Russians, neither of us nor the enemies suffered any supply shortage in critical situations, not even in pockets. Had cancelled that game. Does anybody know, whether this bug does exist still in FtM?

Regards

I have checked and it still is so that Comintern and the Alllies can retreat into each other's territory. What I mentioned above was that it was common in earlier incarnations of the game that the AI actually utilised this fact in an unhistorical way (e.g. UK staging attacks from Russia). It might perhaps happen still, but it was as common before.

Since I am only playing the AI, it is not too big of a problem: they're not smart enough to deliberately stage attacks from my territory. The only annoying thing is that once I broke through the enemy's line at the Neman river (which proved difficult) the British got there first and took it for them. I was forced to abandon that territory and had to break through their line again :(