• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 5, 2012
As a small, independent UK retailer with have encounted issues where customers from the EU are unable to install their game due to a region lock.

I appreciate the need for developers to lock out global regions that conflict with sensible pricing structures - like Russia. But this stock is official UK stock and I have never had a situation where a game can not be run in another EU country.

If there could be some clarification as to what has been put in place it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
ok, I just bought the game in Belgium, 30 km from the house I am now (and I am in the Netherlands) and I have exactly the same problem as described above..... is there any way around it?

EDIT: I have tried with an VPN, as suggested above, but then it says my product code is not valid.

Last edited:
sorry for double posting but.... I saw that this could be solved by letting someone else register it for you in another country... as I want to play, and have some friends in the USA and might be able to contact somebody in denmark.... which countries will work? (belgium might, as I bought it there, I could search for an internet cafe somewhere in there and register it there....... )

any suggestions (or an easier/safer method, as I think steam will not like the above that much)

still nothing..... just tried a minute ago again, same problem.
I suppose it is the english version (printed in EU, al texts on the box in english, as are the files on the disc) but don't know how you can see that? I bought it in belgium, if that helps.