+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mare Nostrum

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Announcement

MARE NOSTRUM (Our Sea) will be a mod for Europa Universalis III Divine Wind. I started a week ago (exactly 29.04.2012) and obtain some progress, mostly map. Yes, there will be a brand new map with nice colors. The mod focuses on third century BC when Roman Republic began to rise. The start date is 272BC. But, because of the hardcoded things I had to use old Roman calendar; Ab urbe condita, shortly A.U.C.

Also I want to mention about population system. In the mod there will be no base tax and base manpower. Province population itself will provide them. I should notice that the population represents the adult males of the provinces which is 25 percent of the entire population.

First Alpha Footage:

To see it large: http://uppix.net/c/c/2/e228683289d3f...c090ae983d.jpg

A footage from vanilla for comparison; both are in max zoom out

There will be not only one Mare Nostrum but many; Red Sea could be a Mare Nostrum for Egypt or Blacksea for Pontus, Baltic for Germans..

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries

Quick Introduction

Cartography and Map
    Map contains most of Europe, North Africa with Upper Nile, Middle East, part of Central Asia and small part of India. I used Albers Equal Area projection. It means that all areas are equal. Unlike any other maps you will have the proportionality of areas as in real. Another feature is the tilted map. I tilted the map a little to eliminate the large areas of Siberia and Sahara. There is a river-canal between Mediterranean and Red Sea, but it doesn't prevent land pass between Egypt and Syria. Like nations, geography can also change and some features that do not exist today did exist 2000 years ago. For example look at the lakes in Netherlands, Basra-Kuwait, Tunisia and Egypt. These lakes are not exist today but they were 2000 years ago.

Terrain and river maps are almost done. Lake and sea provinces are done. The Caspian sea has 4 sea provinces and they are open to ships. Basic province map is done with more than 200 land provinces. I am thinking that there will be about 750-1000 land provinces in the end.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Interesting: I really like that time period! I will follow this development closely. Good luck!
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The new map looks beautiful - great job! Will definitely follow!
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

This looks promising. A new EU Rome for EU III.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Awesome!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Owner of the Portuguese Speakers Community (PSC)!

Domination of the Draka for Darkest Hour

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Everything I was hoping for in a mod!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Good luck!
    I suggest giving modifiers like Hellenic warfare,roman warfare,persian warfare and so on to diffriate the tactics nations use
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Very cool

Are you going to change how cores are attained? Always felt there should be a distinction between conquered/occupied territory and 'core' or 'home' territory - Rome would hold Gaul for a long time but Gauls would never be 'real' Romans.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glutamate View Post
    Are you going to change how cores are attained? Always felt there should be a distinction between conquered/occupied territory and 'core' or 'home' territory - Rome would hold Gaul for a long time but Gauls would never be 'real' Romans.
    Core gaining won't be event based. Maybe core gain time could be increased. Conquered territories which has different culture take negative bonuses already even cores. I am thinking increasing the effect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I suggest giving modifiers like Hellenic warfare, roman warfare, persian warfare and so on to diffriate the tactics nations use
    Are you mean countries should get bonuses such as discipline, manpower?

I am creating many techgroups so every culture has its own units. Such as;
    Germanic
    Celtic (Britain, Gaul and Iberia)
    Nomadic
    Latin (Italic)
    Hellenic (Greece and Macedonia)
    Diadochi (East Hellenic: Egypt, Seleucia)
    Arian (India and native Persians)
    Poeni (Carthaginian)
    African (Libyan, inland African cultures)

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Are you mean countries should get bonuses such as discipline, manpower?

I am creating many techgroups so every culture has its own units. Such as;
    Germanic
    Celtic (Britain, Gaul and Iberia)
    Nomadic
    Latin (Italic)
    Hellenic (Greece and Macedonia)
    Diadochi (East Hellenic: Egypt, Seleucia)
    Arian (India and native Persians)
    Poeni (Carthaginian)
    African (Libyan, inland African cultures)
    For example the diadochiu and the hellenic countries should get a modifier "hellenic warfare"giving galley cost reduction but cavalry cost incerease
    Rome should get a modifier "roman warfare"germans "german warfare" etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    For example the diadochiu and the hellenic countries should get a modifier "hellenic warfare"giving galley cost reduction but cavalry cost incerease
    Rome should get a modifier "roman warfare"germans "german warfare" etc.
    Understood now. I don't want to be deterministic, so I won't give specific modifiers to specific TAGs. But I will give similar bonuses to them by using government types, religions, national ideas..etc which are general for all. Also there will be unique units for each tech group.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Understood now. I don't want to be deterministic, so I won't give specific modifiers to specific TAGs. But I will give similar bonuses to them by using government types, religions, national ideas..etc which are general for all. Also there will be unique units for each tech group.
    can't wait

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

The first issue that comes to mind is the same as in EU:Rome, namely the superpower that is Seleucia. In reality they did not have nearly the same kind of control over their territory east of Iraq as the territory west, maybe this could be represented some way?
    پادشاه عالم پناه

Europa Universalis IV

Make events that destabilize them and that give provinces to parthia in the far east of their country and one event that declares war at parthia(only happens if seleucia is played by ai so it can fall)

How are you preventing ships from sailing around the world?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloGoodSir View Post
    How are you preventing ships from sailing around the world?
    Map does not contain whole world, it contains most of Europe, North Africa with Upper Nile, Middle East, part of Central Asia and small part of India. Look at the mini map in the first alpha footage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamboozer View Post
    The first issue that comes to mind is the same as in EU:Rome, namely the superpower that is Seleucia. In reality they did not have nearly the same kind of control over their territory east of Iraq as the territory west, maybe this could be represented some way?
    Maybe I create many vassal states as satraps of Seleucid Empire.

Europa Universalis IV

Give enemy states around their east borders and events that when they are at war with seleucids after a certai year they give them money extra troops and morale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast