+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I play CKII without an Internet connection (Steam)

Can I play CKII without an Internet connection (Steam)

Hi. I would like to play CKII on my PC. I have the CD but because my version is Steam, I can't log into my account so cannot play single player. I was just wondering of there was a way around this you guys knew. Thank you.

Yes, you can. Just start .exe file directly.
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\ck2game.exe
    Steam folder location may be different, but I`m sure you`ll find it.

I made a desktop shortcut and start Steam only when a new patch is released.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

If youve already logged on with steam over the internet once, you should be able to log on steam in offline mode. This should grant you access to the game as well.
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSengokuMount & Blade: Warband

Another option is avoiding complete shutdown, and rather putting your computer to sleep or to hibernate instead.
    Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallen View Post
    If youve already logged on with steam over the internet once, you should be able to log on steam in offline mode. This should grant you access to the game as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekstrakt View Post
    Another option is avoiding complete shutdown, and rather putting your computer to sleep or to hibernate instead.
    Thank you all very much!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubWar of the Vikings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avee View Post
    Yes, you can. Just start .exe file directly.
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\ck2game.exe
    Steam folder location may be different, but I`m sure you`ll find it.
    Don't tell them, they'll patch in a wrapper!
    My CK2 AARs:
    Bergenhus: A Song of Mostly Ice (Narrative, not AGoT-based - Character writer of the week 23/7-12)
    Leon: A Treatise on the Medieval History of Iberia (Historybook)

Quote Originally Posted by Zealuu View Post
    Don't tell them, they'll patch in a wrapper!
    If "them" means Paradox, they know it perfectly well and are not going to use draconian measures. They are not Ubisoft.

Yes. The method works perfectly so thank you. Paradox does seem radically different.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSengokuMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by avee View Post
    If "them" means Paradox, they know it perfectly well and are not going to use draconian measures. They are not Ubisoft.
    True. Paradox have always taken measures not to mess their games up through DRM, thus creating quite a loyal fanbase.
    Such a shame about Anno 2070. I mean, seriously, you can't even install it on two different PC's without transfering your GPU between the two, as it's locked to a certain GPU.
    Nevermind.

Yes, I played last night without internet. Just put Steam in offline mode and its no problem, don't have to mod anything or do anything special.

+ Reply to Thread