• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think it would be nice if the three main democratic coalitions all had some unique events attached to them. Right now they all feel a little bland. Restoring the monarchy would make the DNVP feel unique.

Maybe we could do it an other way around: DNVP-coalition: Hannoveranian(Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) or Prussian Kaiser, Zentrum-led-coalition: Habsburg or Wittelsbach

AND OTHERWISE: that the DNVP was an protestant party is wrong. Their strongest base were the catholic BVP(bavaria) and DVP(Rheinland). THe Leadership of the DNVP were mostly lutheranian, but more than the half of the base were catholic. And nevertheless, the religious question lost a lot of dynamite after the weltkrieg.

Last edited:
I say that snoopyzero might have a good idea with this, if you want to go down the path of allow some choice. And the option with Zentrum is good as well. Just because you have the option doesn't mean you have to pick it. And airpirate is also right in that we need some nice flavor events for the different paths. A New Constitution event after the Annexation of Austria is also a good idea because some of the choices could depend on the running party, SDP would get a choice or two that DNVP would get and vice versa, to make the parties feel different.

And to those who think that a restoration is unlikely, remember that a good number of people supported Hitler only because they believed he would restore the Monarchy, so a restoration is a massive blow to Nazi support.

I have created events for the restoration of the monarchy in 1934 if the DNVP win the presidential election. You can make Wilhelm III kaiser and there is also his son Ferdinand I for when he dies. i will look into some events for the different democratic governments, that is a good idea.

In response to snoopyzero, the DNVP was the party of the Junkers, the prussian land-owning classes, who were protestant, so although the party was not overtly protestant, it was the party for traditionalist, protestant northern germans. The BVP was the sister party of zentrum and the DVP was a liberal party representing business, capitalist interests. therefore as the prussian party, i think the DNVP would always seek to restore the prussian monarchy.

On the issue of other parties restoring the monarchy, I dont think it was at all likely that Zentrum, never mind the SPD would restore the monarchy as these parties were commited to demcoracy and the republic. They formed the "Weimar coalition" in support of the republic and oppostion to the likes of the DNVP. Zentrum did contain many right-wingers and was catholic however there is no chance IMO that the whole party would be won round to bringing back the hapsburgs or another family.

therefore, i will look at events for the different coaltions, however, i think that this update draws a line under the whole monarchy thing, at least for me. feel free to create your own mods and keep the suggestions coming though!

ok, got the point. But i just love the idea of a greater german solution with the habsburger at the top :p
so maybe one day, i'll find someone, creating an event for your fantastic mod, that offers a habsburg leaded germany.

i really like your mod and i allways hoped to see a democratic germany with a conservative monarchist gouvernament. But Wilhelm III. should serve also very well.

as i said, your mod idea was as genious as simple. And i really love the detailed and welldone way, you realized this.

@Yayap
I'll see what I can do, and thanks for including the option, I would have made a Monarchist variation of your mod, but I am shipping out for Basic Training in six weeks.

I have included events on possible alliance with Italy and a coup in Yugoslavia to avoid alienating the Soviet Union.
Events in Italy:

Events in Yugoslavia:

whats about a yugoslavian civil war like between 91 untill 99?
escalating civil war between 5-7 factions, including greece, bulgaria, hungary, romania with interventions from the allied, italians, and commis?

could cause some nice outcomes and an earlier worldwar? in general i dont really like all these fight-till-death-wars. would be nice to see more local conflicts with peace negotiations etc

@ger could you give us some more details about those events e.g. When they occur, what effect they have on the scenario, in particular WW2. Does having Italy and Yugoslavia on the allies make allied v soviet war unfair? Also what happens if Germany sides with USSR. Are Italy and Yugoslavia still part of allies and if so can Germany cope?

@snoopyzero I like the idea of a regional conflict in the Balkans, although it would be quite complicated!

@ger could you give us some more details about those events e.g. When they occur, what effect they have on the scenario, in particular WW2. Does having Italy and Yugoslavia on the allies make allied v soviet war unfair? Also what happens if Germany sides with USSR. Are Italy and Yugoslavia still part of allies and if so can Germany cope?
These events occur when Germany was allied with Britain and France. Italy plots a strategic country in the event of a Soviet amphibious invasion. Yugoslavia wants support from the Soviet Union, which in turn sees the USSR as a strategic country Yugoslavia. About the war, when peace events occur, Italy and Yugoslavia are paid. If Germany is allied with the USSR, Britain seeks support in Italy and Yugoslavia. Germany could beat them and put Republican administrations.

Well we need something in the Balkans, Perhaps a Yugoslav civil war is just the thing, the Soviets trying to secure a route through the Turkish and Greek controlled Bosphorus or through Romania to provide aid, Italy occupying Albania as a second front, and trying to use the conflict to get some of its claims, Hungary and Bulgaria doing the same, with the Soviets trying to convince them to support the Soviet cause. It could end up being very fun.

@ger if you like you can send me those events and i'll possibly integrate them into the mod

on the yugoslavia civil war issue, that's a big job and tbh i think i might take a break for a while after completing the next update (details below) but that doesn't mean im ruling it out!

Anyway, its really quite exciting, becasue airpirate's suggestion of more domestic events really got my imagination going! Here is what will be included:

1933-5 - austerity vs. stimulus
- welfare reform

SPD 1930s
- tax the rich
- more taxes on the rich
- decision to nationalise the "commanding heights" of the economy
- constitutional reform
SPD late 40s, 50s and 60s
- post war reconstruction
- decision on keynesian economics
- public investment
- education reform

Zentrum 1930s
- Kulturkampf (trying to counter weimar's permissive society)
- religious schools programme
- decision on tax cuts
- strikes
CDU late 40s, 50s, 60s
- post war reconstruction
- free market economics decision
- tax cuts and public spending cuts
- healthcare reform

DNVP 1930s
- support for agriculture
- military expansion
- reduce trade union powers, leads to strikes and war between government and unions (think 1980s miner's strike)
- tax cuts for land owners

I am almost finished the SPD events so i should have this out in the next few days. This makes peace time far more eventful and the different governments more distinct. keep those suggestions coming!