+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Werewolf CXXVI - Werewolf Wagon Train

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Steed View Post
    I dont know about all that, i like simple...Like me.
    Lies...all lies..
    WW Roles: To many to mention . And just twelve (12) victorys !!

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    In.

On a side note... Did I miss something. Have we scared away Kaetje and Rysz???

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by johho888 View Post
    What if one or both of the parties is faking it. Will you as the GM confirm/deny anything? Potentially if you respond to their PMs either to confirm or deny there is a chance this can be misused to verify certain claims.

In that case a baddie hunter is like an extra kill for the baddies without them having to work for it. I find it better to have the identity revealed. That way a baddie hunter would have to have some reasonable explanaition to why he killed someone. It can still be an extra kill but can't be used against really obvious goodies, like a self-outed seer etc.

Personally I find this role to be OK to have in the rules but not good to actually give to someone since it usually only makes one of the lynches a waste for the goodies. But then again I never really liked neutral roles.

Some people have issues with those lover rules. I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by telesien View Post
    Other than my head hurting from trying to understand them and a general feeling that everyone will have at least two roles or traits? No, I don't see any problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Steed View Post
    I dont know about all that, i like simple...Like me.

If the hunter is sneaking around at night to shoot somebody, then it should be a 50/50 dice roll as to if he is seen..
    I'll cover all 3 posts here.

With regards to confirming or denying - I will not affect the game. Therefore, I will only confirm receipt of the instruction, not whether a change have actually taken place.

The Hunter I am still in doubt about. It can be argued either way. If the hunter is revealed, it is indeed a valid information that can be used for both sides - But it can also be a cause for additional paranoia not to have it revealed. Take J-L's interpretation of this in The Revolting Revolution as example. I will keep this in mind, but probably not decide one way or the other before signup's close. My thoughts at the moment is that if we have few players I will reveal - If we have many, I'll keep hidden.

And as a general rule, I'll try to avoid too many percentile chances in the setup. I might have some, but in the Hunter case it will either be revealed or not. Not a 50/50 chance. The Hunter deserve to know before using the trait whether it will be revealed or not.

Personally, I like the Rival trait as it adds a bit more to the game.

The Lover is listed as it is, but that is the second area where I am in doubt of the exact wording. I have so far copied Kiwi's from the Murder Mystery, but whether I will change it or not before signups close, I still haven't decided.

And I can see that a rather valid information is missing, so I'll add it here as well: There will be Werewolves. There will be Villagers - All other roles and traits MAY be in the game.

Therefore Telesien, it is not certain that all have any traits or specific roles (except villager of course).
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hey, I got a complaint, this was advertized as simple WW, and then you go include a lover which breaks the game..

No lover please. Put roleblocker in if you want, but lover sucks (cue jonti).

As for hunter, I have a slight preference for revealed, but accessible to both baddies and goodies.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Now with 100% less wolf! snoopdogg's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

Lover's a trait not a role, so they can't really become the JL spokesman right from the start. That said I actually kinda agree with Rice about it. Some small tweaking of it may be needed in games, like their power being every other night or something?
    "For thunder and farting are, in principle, one and the same."
    -So crates dude.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    With regards to confirming or denying - I will not affect the game. Therefore, I will only confirm receipt of the instruction, not whether a change have actually taken place.
    Good, this was the only thing I saw as potentially game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    The Hunter I am still in doubt about. It can be argued either way. If the hunter is revealed, it is indeed a valid information that can be used for both sides - But it can also be a cause for additional paranoia not to have it revealed. Take J-L's interpretation of this in The Revolting Revolution as example. I will keep this in mind, but probably not decide one way or the other before signup's close. My thoughts at the moment is that if we have few players I will reveal - If we have many, I'll keep hidden.

Personally, I like the Rival trait as it adds a bit more to the game.

The Lover is listed as it is, but that is the second area where I am in doubt of the exact wording. I have so far copied Kiwi's from the Murder Mystery, but whether I will change it or not before signups close, I still haven't decided.
    Fair enough, it's your game and these were more my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    Hey, I got a complaint, this was advertized as simple WW, and then you go include a lover which breaks the game..
    It's a pretty standard rule set though. Nothing we haven't tried before. It's not the simplest we've used but it's not all that complex either.

Those lover rules have been used many times and the only thing that broke it when you had it was the GM starting to mess with his own rules and thus confirming you were a goodie lover. Brutals can still take out an outed lover and if you think that is not enough then add the poison from last game. Since that worked in the day phase a lover can't hide from it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Lover's a trait not a role, so they can't really become the JL spokesman right from the start. That said I actually kinda agree with Rice about it. Some small tweaking of it may be needed in games, like their power being every other night or something?
    I like that!

I often wonder what happened to the masons.. That was fun having a confidant wich to speak to from the start.. Sometimes I wonder if the lovers should be masons that need both to survive to win..

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Just out of curiousity: did you ever try a game with three sides that only one side can win? Something like villagers v. werewolves v. vampires?
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Just out of curiousity: did you ever try a game with three sides that only one side can win? Something like villagers v. werewolves v. vampires?
    I think we've even had four sides at one time.. But then we were 60+ players.. Ohh the spam..and spamiards..

Now with 100% less wolf! snoopdogg's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

I don't think we've ever had significantly different 'types' of baddies though, if you mean in terms of what they could do. Not sure if I understand the question though. If you just mean different groups, most big games have had more than one wolf pack.
    "For thunder and farting are, in principle, one and the same."
    -So crates dude.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I think reis ran a game with a cultist faction in it that had to be created, after which the founding cultists could no longer win with wolves. I betrayed the cultist faction in glorious bloodshed...

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    I don't think we've ever had significantly different 'types' of baddies though, if you mean in terms of what they could do. Not sure if I understand the question though. If you just mean different groups, most big games have had more than one wolf pack.
    Well different powers would be interesting, but I just had more sides in mind.
    "'Religious faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all the other trappings of a preternatural existence, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for the intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But we have witnessed the cosmos now, my friends. We have passed amongst it. We have learned and understood the fabric of reality. We have seen the stars from behind, and found they have no clockwork mechanisms, no golden chariots carrying them abroad. We have realized there is no need for god, or any gods, and by extension no use any longer for daemons or devils or spirits."

- Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Johho, it doesn't change that it is still broken. If the only way you can kill someone, apart from the lynch, is by brutal/leader-lynch, which require special conditions, then it is still game-breaking.

Hunts are meant to kill people. They might not kill people sometimes, but that should be the exception, rather than the rule, as it happens with the lover trait.
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest Hour

Tolstojeva 33, 11000. Belgrade, Yugoslavia
    in
    Brotherhood and unity

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    In direct contradiction to what I told Rendap just a moment ago, I'm in.

Specifically, I'm in as

The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I was actually thinking of being Mal Reynolds before I decided to play the lame ranger...
    "As a boy growing up in Hungary, there was only one club for me - Arsenal"- The Legendary Ferenc Puskas on a youth spent looking up to the greatest football team of the era... Herbert Chapman's Arsenal Football Club

May 15 2004: P 38 W 26 L 0 Unbeaten. Invincible.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I was torn between Mal, Jayne and my personal favorite, Badger.

HoI Anthology

Quote Originally Posted by Deaghaidh View Post
    I was torn between Mal, Jayne and my personal favorite, Badger.
    Im glad you chose Jayne, makes it sound better when im drunk and wake up with a Jayne instead of a Badger.
    Olaus's death always brings me happiness. 21

- However....it seems the only guy more popular for scanning now than me is Steed - Jinnai
    - Let me also say that Steed is one paranoid bastard..., well, I can't really blame Steed - Zoston

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

In as a Captive Indian
    WritAAR of the Week, 5th of March, 2012
    Best Character Writer of the Week, 18th of March, 2012
    Trying to find a way to write a narrative-based AAR without it becoming tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    In as a Captive Indian
    AHHHHH... Look look.. A baby eater...

*Wiggles away on his baby legs.. Real cute I might add.*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 ... LastLast