+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ship CIWS

Recruit
    Naval War: Arctic Circle

Ship CIWS

I know this is an often discussed issue but...

Is it confirmed or not that ship CIWS does not engage missiles at all sometimes?

I just finished doing a few missions with the new patch where some ASMs hit a couple frigates and their CIWS ammo was still at full. That tells me that they didn't even try.
    Also, is the Bofors setup for automatic anti-missile duty? It also did not even make an attempt.

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    This may be an issue. The ships seem to prefers only using missiles for defense now. We probably tweaked it a bit too much.

Recruit

Yeah the frigate in question expended every single AAM at the ASMs. But when one or two made it through, the CIWS was still at full ammo.

Recruit

I've also documented this on the mission "Iron Weasel". The imgur gallery speaks for itself.

http://imgur.com/a/cdaKV

Not shown is that the reminaing cruise missiles impacted both ships, and the CIWS did nothing to stop them.

I'm not sure if its all CIWS, or just that particular model on that ship.

After the patch, I've noticed that ships will defend with missles or guns but not both.

Sometimes I can't manually fire guns or missles if the ship is firing other weapons.
    It would be great if the ships would use all weapons at their disposal to defend themselves automatically and not need to be microed all the time.

As it is, I micro all ships defenses because I just don't have confidence in the AI.

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Yes, it appears the CIWS now will not fire at all, since the AI will always chose missiles as the preferred defense weapon, and it doesn't have time to react. Oh well. Will fix.

+ Reply to Thread