+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sole owner of all provinces in a region?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

Sole owner of all provinces in a region?

How would you script a condition in an Event Trigger that a country needs to own all provinces in a region?

I have tried:

Code:
    trigger = {        
        NOT = { any_country = { not = { tag = THIS } owns = { region = aquitaine } } }
    }
    Code:
    trigger = {        
        NOT = { any_province = { region = aquitaine not = { owned_by = THIS }  } }
    }
    But neither seems to work....

EDIT: This one actually seems to work though!

Code:
    trigger = {  
    not = { aquitaine = { not = { owned_by = THIS } } }
    }

Makes sense?
    Last edited by AKronblad; 04-05-2012 at 23:32.
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by AKronblad View Post
    How would you script a condition in an Event Trigger that a country needs to own all provinces in a region?

EDIT: This one actually seems to work though!

Code:
    trigger = {  
    not = { aquitaine = { not = { owned_by = THIS } } }
    }

Makes sense?
    yes that is correct.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    The last one makes sense but uses a double negative. Just use:

trigger = { aquitaine = { owned_by = THIS } }

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    The last one makes sense but uses a double negative. Just use:

trigger = { aquitaine = { owned_by = THIS } }
    I think that the double negative is neccesary, for some reason.
    The Historical Plausibility Project

"Oh Lord Shiva, protect us from the fang of the cobra, the claw of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan" -old Hindu prayer

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    I think that the double negative is neccesary, for some reason.
    Correct. The double negative checks that there is no province in that region which is not owned by you. One without negatives will simply check that you own a province in that region iirc.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafool View Post
    Correct. The double negative checks that there is no province in that region which is not owned by you. One without negatives will simply check that you own a province in that region iirc.
    Yep, that is the way it is. And the latest script worked!
    AURORA UNIVERSALIS, my total overhaul mod for EU4: starting in the beginning of the first millennium BC and covering the following 1500 years, including four bookmarks with Egyptian pharaohs, Assyrians, the Diadochi, Romans, and barbarians.
    399AD, my total overhaul mod for EU3: fight as the Late Roman Empire or as barbarian tribes in the turbulent century preceding the fall of Rome.
    EIS TÊN GASTERA ENALLONOMENOS, my simple supply line mod for EU4: establish, secure, maintain, and defend supply lines in enemy territory to provide troops with provisions, or risk becoming out of supply, suffering manpower losses due to increased attrition. Avoid getting "kicked in the stomach"!

+ Reply to Thread