• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ditoLoco

Corporal
28 Badges
Jun 26, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pride of Nations
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
I just updated my IGN beta through steam, and i got a little bit worried. I have written in the past that it is impossible to set victory conditions, which on huge maps with lots of opponents turns game into unity spell race.
I hope the final version will have that option or at least allow to continue a game even if someone already won it.

Otherwise I will have to wait and pray that eventually it will be added ... My last sudden death ending of a game was already too much, i do not want to have it again. Right now it makes huge map and lots of under worlds totally pointless.

It was be askes many times at many threads but still no aswer from the devs?

So a last hope for a clear answer, will there be a option to choose the victory condition?

Pls give us costumers an answer befor the game is released!

It was be askes many times at many threads but still no aswer from the devs?

So a last hope for a clear answer, will there be a option to choose the victory condition?

Pls give us costumers an answer befor the game is released!

We will find out Tuesday- then the developer will be roundly congratulated or criticized. So there is no real reason for the developer to by coy about it. People who've pre-ordered will give a rundown of the positives and negatives.

yea, for me it is a kind of game breaker, and i pre-ordered it already .. And i do not plan to start a single game without that option, judging by silence from devs it can be just a wishful thinking ...

But anyway, I do not mind, i sometimes spend money just to encourage publisher to keep up :)

It's a very late beta we have, and there are no options for additional paths to victory. Does anyone seriously believe something requiring months of planning and testing will actually be added in the last few days?

If it's added, donuts are on me, for all of you. Which is my way of saying, ain't gonna happen. ;)

Last edited:
That's great news Alexey! I'm looking forward to slowly getting defeated with no other victory option than to fight it out :p

I've always felt like Paradox handles DLC pretty well (or as well as something I disapprove of can be handled). I know this is developed by another company but I figure Paradox has some say in how they handle decisions like that? Anyway, they usually seem to provide core things for free and DLC really represents new content, developed for games AFTER publishing, dependent on popular demand. Unlike some companies (cough Bioware cough) who seem to deliberately lop off chunks of the game to sell as DLC.

I know it's going to be added, but I might have to wait for the victory conditions before I pick up this game. I really liked the demo, but my problem is just that I really enjoy being able to explore and not feel rushed. I always pick the huge world with epic timescale on the hardest difficulty. So, in the case of this game, I wouldn't want to feel as though I have to worry about the AI achieving one of the conditions like casting unity or summoning the avatar unless there is some way to stop it from happening. Does counterspell work on unity? Can you stop the AI from summoning the avatar? I'm much less worried about the holy sites and conquest, since I'd probably be losing anyways if the AI managed to achieve one of those. If the AI randomly won simply because I was taking my time and enjoying the game, it would pretty much ruin it for me. I would also greatly like the option to keep playing after winning.