• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Caramel95

Major
24 Badges
Feb 21, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
ive had victoria 2 for a while now and i am still pretty much a beginner still :D I want some help on picking which country to play, ive played as:
Switzerland,
Netherlands,
Spain,
Prussia (formed German Empire),
Serbia (formed Yugoslavia somehow :eek:hmy:)
Denmark,
Sweden,
Portugal,
Japan,
USA

What country should i play as now? :) btw i prefer to play as european country. :blink:

Isn't it very easy to end up Nr1 as the biggest nations like France? I wish i was able to role-play more because Victoria 2 is perfect for it. Damn my crappy imagination!

I got a good challenge...play as a minor German state and try to conquer Prussia...?

Play your own country! You need to play the UK at least once to understand the UK.

Play your own country! You need to play the UK at least once to understand the UK.

ive been a bit unsure about playing UK because it is so in size and im not sure if i could cope, but i might try it.

I was going to ask how you knew i was from the UK (starting to panic a bit) then i realized my logo thing is the UK flag hahahaha.

I even know you're 17 years old...

Brits aren't all that hard, worst case scenario (your armies wiped out) you will block the opponent with your 500 ships until he gives in, or until you build another biggest army in the world and re-invade him. You just need a good plan for all the major powers, and for each continent. For example, you want to deny Germans their unification, which is best achieved by stealing one of states necessary to do that from them, or at least helping France or Austria do that. And you want to prevent the US from ever beating Mexico, or winning the ACW later on, or winning against a rebels when they finally get a shot to overthrow their democracy. You want to control South America, best through Colombia and Brazil, and you don't want others to get access to at least the bulk of Chinese and Japanese resources, so sphere Guangxi, Yunnan and Qinghai, at the very least. In Indochina two wars should let you annex Johore and put Siam into your sphere. Controlling Persia gives you oil and a priceless ally against Ottomans and Russians. In Europe the Dutch should be your main focus, as their colonies can make someone else's industry and population a bit too happy, it's also nice to have Spain and maybe even help Italy unify to sphere them afterwards, so Frenchies have something to siege while you blockade them.

ive been a bit unsure about playing UK because it is so in size and im not sure if i could cope, but i might try it.

I was going to ask how you knew i was from the UK (starting to panic a bit) then i realized my logo thing is the UK flag hahahaha.

In addition, your location is listed at the UK twice.