• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(281923)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 10, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
Hi, so I just downloaded the demo on steam, but I am having a serious issue. My mouse does not interact with the battle map. I can click on UI elements on the sides, but not on units. Terrain will only give me a tooltip if I use WASD to move the map, and then it stays floating till I WASD again. Critically, I cannot click on hexes in order to build buildings near my cities. There is nothing strange about my mouse, its a logitech M310. I have never experienced issues like this in other games. I hope someone has run into this issue and knows the fix. Thanks.

Sheesh. Took me way too long to figure out how to post here.

Anyway, I had the same problem you describe - along with having a very hard time getting into the game in the first place. Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in again fixed it for me. It seems the mouse cursor is not being properly captured by the game?

I've only played the IGN beta version, but so far no mouse issues. I have a Logitech G700. In other games were the mouse has acted up alt-tabbing does work like Felidae said.

Do you by chance have Logitech's scroll app installed? I noticed when playing LOTRO it screws up the zoom, uninstalling the app solved that issue. Maybe something similar is happening.

Do you by chance have Logitech's scroll app installed? I noticed when playing LOTRO it screws up the zoom, uninstalling the app solved that issue. Maybe something similar is happening.
Nope. I am pretty certain this is an in-game issue, because its just so weird. My mouse is plug and play, and I tried it with a different mouse. There is no mouse software or whatever.

I have had a similar issue a couple of times. I think in both cases I ALT-Tabbed out during loading and came back later. In my case ALT-Tabbing to another app and back solved the issue.
It is as if there was something between the main layer (with the map), and the overlay (with the list of buildings, units, or notifications). You still get the correct mouseover but clicking has no effect.

I have had a similar issue a couple of times. I think in both cases I ALT-Tabbed out during loading and came back later. In my case ALT-Tabbing to another app and back solved the issue.
It is as if there was something between the main layer (with the map), and the overlay (with the list of buildings, units, or notifications). You still get the correct mouseover but clicking has no effect.

I had the same effect once.