• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(219226)

Recruit
1 Badges
Aug 11, 2010
  • Sengoku
I don't know if I am the sole to meet such bug but everytime I start the russian campaign mission Hide and Seek the enemy skjold frigate is on the land and so magically avoid every missile as well as torpedoes... That would be a simple bug not causing trouble if it was not right near where I have to sail one of my landing task forces... and that the landing point is within its 76mm canon range so once i've cleaned the whole map from any ennemies this one Skjold just bam bam my transport trying to reach the landing zone and makes me fail the mission... I've restarted it 5 times and each one the skjold was on land unable to be hit but able to shoot at my ships or planes...

Will that bug be corrected one day... cause it prevent to go on the next mission...

(oups just noticed the bug subforum, just move this one there... Sorry)

Last edited:
You could alter the scenario file with a text editor to move the skjolds.
(...\naval war arctic circle\BattleSets\NWAC\Scenario_c02s06.nwscenarios)
there are 2 of them (Search for skjold):
one is at
<Latitude>68.120435</Latitude>
<Longitude>14.891968</Longitude>
and the other at
<Latitude>66.886972</Latitude>
<Longitude>12.436523</Longitude>

According to google maps, both points (and their first waypoints) are in the water, but maybe the ingame map or the coordinate translation are off (or the captain was drunk and landed there ;) ).

Well I detect her maybe 45min or 1 hour after the game starts and she already is stuck into the small island NE of the landing point. Maybe I'm not doing the mission as planned by you. I:

-unload the bears on the NW airfield. (destroying it)
-order planes to equip KH37 long range AA missiles
-prepare a wave of 12 aircraft for land attack, KH35 and send them to the other airfield.
-use the already in air aircraft to kill down the Poseidon, the tanker and the E3 sentry.
-use the dual 130mm arty to kill the incoming missiles waves.
-with passive sonar my lada detects the enemy sub and I send out 2 kamov chopper to kill her.

Once done while the enemy vygen reload at the SE airfield and knowing my ships have been detected I turn on radar and detect the skjold just right NE of my west landing zone but she already is on the land... and so I'm unable to send other kamov to KH35 her to the bottom of sea...

With that tactic I only lose the two bears and 1 or 2 figthers but the beched skjold forbid me to finish the mission...

Venomxxx: I never have detected the other one...

EDIT: I have found a way to kill that skjold... have my fighter shoot at her with their... canon...
here is the pic with the skjold not yet fully identified but it stays there blocked aground.

http://i41.servimg.com/u/f41/13/31/83/10/2012-010.jpg

Last edited:
Skjold positions will be fixed in next patch. And just for the heck if it, we've added a Gotland in a very inconvenient position when you play it on Hard :)
My problem is this - my computer is " hung up " a few times when I tried to pass this mission. How can I fix it?