• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seigman

Turbo Tape Games Dev
7 Badges
Jan 21, 2011
andreasjohansen.com
  • Cities in Motion
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
New build has been submitted to Steam and should be available later today.

Your Steam client will automatically download the update when it's live.

1.0.5.6 (05-04-2012)

GUI:
- Updated: Removed possibility for fixed wing and helicopter to be launched together in a group in Flight Deck. Units that can't be launched together will be greyed out in flight deck.
- Updated: Made clearer what units isn't ready for launch in Flight Deck.
- Fixed: Problem selecting group from Units Panel after it had previously been selected.

Satellite Map:
- Added: Deselect unit/group by holding down left control button when clicking on the icon in the map.
- Fixed: Properly destroyed Jamming vector line when loading new level.

Gameplay:
- Added: Gradual decline in hit % over range for multipurpose guns.
- Updated: AI submarines will fire at all targets in torpedo range.
- Updated: For missiles in groups, only one will perform sensor sweeps. This improves performance significantly when there's lots of action.
- Updated: Missiles do not check sensors against units other than target (when they have a target). This also improves performance.
- Updated: Increased chance of component damage on impact.
- Updated: HighLevelOrders for launching AWACS air automatically goes to max altitude.
- Updated: Tweaked HitPercent vs. air.
- Fixed: Direct shots did not use GetHitPercent, ie. super laser gun effect.
- Fixed: Aircraft to flee AA missiles that can be targeted, not engage them.
- Fixed: Unable to change preferred time compression to same as set by other player (if lower than what already requested) in multiplayer game.
- Fixed: When assigning new home base for unit, entire group changes home base as well if either group or main unit was selected.

Scenarios:
- Added: New multiplayer and skirmish scenario: "War of the Roses".
- Updated: NATO submarines moved in "C01S10: Convoy 13 No Reply".

Database:
- Added: AlternatePositions list to GameScenarioGroup. If present, the group/unit will select randomly which of the alternate positions are chosen on scenario loading.
- Added: Alternative sub positions added to Jutland scenario.
- Added: CanRetargetAfterLaunch property to WeaponClass. Is on unless specifically set to false. Specifies whether a missile will search for new target if original target is lost/killed.
- Updated: Updated Vymbel R-77 to AE-PD (higher range); kept old weapon for reference. This affects balance!
- Updated: Reduce ammo on all CIWS weapons; count bursts not bullets.
- Updated: Guns/gatlings shots/min reduced.
- Updated: Guns with MaxSimultanousShots > 1 changed to 1.
- Updated: JAS39 upgraded to E: longer range, supercruise.
- Updated: Semiactive radar removed from missiles.
- Updated: Reduced TimeBetweenShotsSec for some SAM missiles (using VLS).
- Updated: Reduced TimeBetweeenShots for most SAM, AA missile weapons.
- Updated: Increased speed for Mark 46, Mark 54 asw torpedoes.
- Updated: Removed Gau12 gun from NH90 helicopter.
- Updated: Increased max speeds for Virginia, Ohio and Astute submarines.
- Updated: Increased max depth for Virginia.
- Updated: Massive increase in fuel on tanker aircraft.
- Updated: HitPercent for all CIWS incresed.
- Updated: Reduced minimum range for AA guns.
- Fixed: Sea Skua req weapon control (semihoming).
- Fixed: Absalon radar corrected to Smart-L.
- Fixed: F125 gun corrected to Otobreda 127 mm.
- Fixed: Non-helo UAVs set minimum speed to non-zero.

Input:
- Fixed: Missing mouse cursor on some systems.
- Fixed: Reset input when game loses focus.

Sound:
- Fixed: Stopped all 3D sounds when playing victory/defeat sound.

Misc:
- Fixed: More memory leaks removed.

~Andreas

Very nice!

Currently downloading on Steam.

becomes very slow

Hi, the freeze problem seems to be resolved...but it becomes very slow after a while, almost unplayable
I run a I7980 with Nvidia gtx580 on windows 7 64bit, so I guess it is not related to hardware, it was also ok before the patch.
It looks like 0.1 Frames/ sec, if I try to accellerate it reacts seconds after... so somthing slows down or interrupts the game some how.

Clearly they're focusing on stability before adding new features: the best option, imo :)

Good stuff, the missile group sensor tweak sounds like a very smart way to get around late-game lag!

only the absalon smart-L puzzles me.... the absalon has definitely no SMART-L, but an SMART-S only.... the ivar huitfeld has though. I suppose this is an typo or something?
also, I do not notice the addition of the oto 76 AA mode in here.... or was that added earlier in the main game already, and only in the demo today?

great work otherwise! it is great to see developers so keen on improving gameplay and realism on input from players

Just played War of the Roses against the AI. Have to say, it's a fun scenario :) As long as you dominated the airspace between the two fleets, you could cut down their air power fairly easily. Important was using the lone F-35 at the beginning to total their AWACS plane, and keeping yours behind the carrier group to minimise the chance of it being pounced on by a long-range missile. Not to mention spamming the two squadrons' southern waters with ASW platforms :)

My ambush being set...
Screen-Shot-2012-05-04-at-20.29.19.png

I try to slow down time to launch the JSM from my F-35 flight, but the game froze for a minute and afterwards...
Screen-Shot-2012-05-04-at-20.29.34.png

They were gone :(

Then I proceeded to total their fleet anyway...
Screen-Shot-2012-05-04-at-20.31.27.png

Would've cleared all their surface fleet if it wasn't for this meddling screen:
Screen-Shot-2012-05-04-at-20.31.29.png

Ignore 4 of my aircraft losses, and imagine 3 or 4 more destroyed surface ships :p

I just look at the database with the Dataviewer and it seems that aircraft guns are still show full number of rounds instead of bursts. Would it be more logical to apply the burst settling like you did with the CIWS or some other internal changes was made that each time they fire a set number of rounds will get expanded?

Last edited:
Lots of interesting fixes, tweaks and improvement there.

Thanks.

I see you did lots off changes in the database and its nice but please consider changing this in the next patch: the SM-2 missile is stepping down beginning this year and it's replaced by the more lethal SM-6 it has Mach 3.5+(probably Mach 4.0+) speed and a range of 240km and its much better kill capability against highly agile targets.

Here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIM-174_Standard_ERAM.

Also what about the SM3 ? Right now its not in the game but the US Navy is actually increasing the number of ship capable of caring the SM3, as a MACH 8(~ 9600 km/h) and a range >500 km is quite a potent weapon.

Thankx.

what i couldnt make up from hte patch log was if the aircraft now are more able to use their guns without so much micromanagement? i.e. will they engage missiles with guns if their out of missiles, and also move into range if neccesary?

I see you did lots off changes in the database and its nice but please consider changing this in the next patch: the SM-2 missile is stepping down beginning this year and it's replaced by the more lethal SM-6 it has Mach 3.5+(probably Mach 4.0+) speed and a range of 240km and its much better kill capability against highly agile targets.

Here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIM-174_Standard_ERAM.

Also what about the SM3 ? Right now its not in the game but the US Navy is actually increasing the number of ship capable of caring the SM3, as a MACH 8(~ 9600 km/h) and a range >500 km is quite a potent weapon.

Thankx.

Yeah +1 :rolleyes: