• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Battlemage15

Private
65 Badges
May 4, 2012
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or if it will be included in the final release, but will Warlock have an in-game accessible encyclopedia of units, monsters, buildings, tech-trees, spells and terrain types?

One of my favorite features in the Total War and Civilization games is their in-game encyclopedias; they are informative, helpful and an excellent place for the lore of the game. The last point would be especially so with a fantasy game like Warlock with all the lore in the game for each unit; a place to access those paragraphs (as well as cost and stat information) at anytime would be great. Furthermore, something I have noticed from the Demo (6 hours played; about 5 games) is that terrain movement cost and defense bonus information is not accessible in the UI; I have to 'eyeball it' with unit movement points remaining and go off of experience.

Swamps demanding 3 points of movement and forests and hills taking 2 points (and moving within your territory on buildings taking less it seems) are all things I gleaned from playing and previous experience with games such as Warlock dating back to Civilization II (including Civ V). Right-clicking on a unit gives their info-card with stats, costs and lore; can right-clicking on terrain display terrain info with the cost of movement for applicable movement types as well as defense bonuses provided? It would be nice for people with less experience to be able to right-click a Swamp and see that it costs 3 points to move into for Walkers and that Forests demand 2 points and provide +25 defense.

Furthermore, it would be nice to right-click on terrain features like Pigs, Magic Nodes and Minotaur Caverns and see an info card on them, including the special buildings that can be built on them and what they provide. With a series of links within the info-cards, the Encyclopedia Ardania can be linked right into the game as it is being played, putting plenty of information at the fingers and eyes of the players.

TLDR? Civopedia in Warlock: Master of the Arcane please!

Even if it is only accessible from the main menu, that would still be a major improvement.

Also, something I would like to bring to people's attention; I've noticed Mana Upkeep costs for enchantment spells I have dispelled on my units (such as Frost Weapons) are still drawn from my Mana income. I am in essence still playing for an enchantment I removed from my unit for the rest of the game. I am not sure if you are aware of this, but it is the case. Just a heads-up.

Excellent game from what I have seen. Will be playing it for quite a while and keen on seeing what sort of DLC/Expansions come along.

There is alot of flavour text in the game when you right click on units and such. The Stubborn Knight's for example.
I tend to only really check stats during a game and don't read the flavour text so a way to read it at leisure would be great.
I know it's my fault for not reading it but it breaks the flow of the game a little to read it all.

Basically I agree +1 for encyclopaedia

Another useful one would be what different terrain bonus buildings does. E.g. I know that the gem mine gives 10 g, as that is stated, but I have no idea what a protection amulet does. This makes it really hard to compare them. Of course a few playthoroughs will solve this, but still..

This should be done by a system of internal links in the encyclopedia - when viewing the entry on the Gems resource, you see the possible buildings: Gem Mine and Jewelry Shop. When you click on Jewelry Shop, it displays the perk that it gives: Protection Amulets. When you click on the perk, you can see its cost, effect and allowed classes.

This should be done by a system of internal links in the encyclopedia - when viewing the entry on the Gems resource, you see the possible buildings: Gem Mine and Jewelry Shop. When you click on Jewelry Shop, it displays the perk that it gives: Protection Amulets. When you click on the perk, you can see its cost, effect and allowed classes.

Pretty much this as well. This is exactly how the encylopedia in Shogun 2 and Civ 5 works. I would love this feature in Warlock.