+ Reply to Thread

Thread: French Revolution

French Revolution

Hey first I'd like to say I'm new and I just bought my Victoria 2 a few days ago.

Anyway, how do you get the French Revolution to happen? I was playing as France at the Jacobins had 100 revolt risk and nothing happened.
    Then the Liberal Revolution was over and nothing had happened.

So the July Monarchy has survived. Congrats, you did better than Louis-Philippe

IRRC, revolts had a better chance to happen when you are at war, but if jacobins are at 100% risk and if your militancy didn't fall, you just have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan F View Post
    So the July Monarchy has survived. Congrats, you did better than Louis-Philippe

IRRC, revolts had a better chance to happen when you are at war, but if jacobins are at 100% risk and if your militancy didn't fall, you just have to wait.
    But then the Liberal Revolution ended and the Jacobin membership plummeted and the risk dropped to 0.
    Before then I was constantly fanning the fire by promoting liberalism and not passing reform.
    Last edited by Winterwolf00; 04-05-2012 at 03:47.

Do you enact any reform?
    As far as i can remeber, in my french games, it was difficult to have a decent revolution in springtime of nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan F View Post
    Do you enact any reform?
    As far as i can remeber, in my french games, it was difficult to have a decent revolution in springtime of nations.
    Yes just one, Outlaw Slavery.
    Should I go back to an earlier save and not do that?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

No that shouldn't matter much (I thought it was set at the beginning of the game anyway). I believe the problem is your navy. I may be misunderstanding the situation, but rebels consider your military score when deciding to rebel. I had the same problem one game. I started over and disbanded both my army and navy and voila, Jacobin revolution without a problem. Except that without an army they occupied everything and my economy was junk after the revolution. Keep a decent stack around to mop up after the Jacobins take Paris so that your economy doesn't take the beating mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by marnues View Post
    No that shouldn't matter much (I thought it was set at the beginning of the game anyway). I believe the problem is your navy. I may be misunderstanding the situation, but rebels consider your military score when deciding to rebel. I had the same problem one game. I started over and disbanded both my army and navy and voila, Jacobin revolution without a problem. Except that without an army they occupied everything and my economy was junk after the revolution. Keep a decent stack around to mop up after the Jacobins take Paris so that your economy doesn't take the beating mine did.
    So...what? Send my armies in France to my African colonies?
    How do I keep a decent stack when I disband my army?

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Keep a 5-10 man stack around, disband everything else. That shouldn't delay the rebellion much but should be ample to clean up.

+ Reply to Thread