• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ywhtptgtfo

General
78 Badges
Dec 30, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
Since Discovery Spy is a pretty useless CB, starting a war over spy attempts is generally not worth it. It'd be nice if there are some way to force the a country to stop sending spy, which if violated and caught in the future, would lead to a special conquest CB (obviously, this'd involve A.I. being tweak to only risk that when it believes it can best the target in a war).

Agreed... though depending on your BB situation sometimes it is worth it to just wipe them off the map anyway. Articulated properly you could probably get a good RAAAAGE comic about it.

Even worse, though, are the ridiculous peace offers they spam you with. "Sire! We've destroyed all of France's armies and are currently sieging all their provinces... we'd better pay Leinster 1300 ducats and end the vassalization of Poland and the Netherlands or else we're in trouble!"

A peace settlement that nerfed their spy production for a time and/or prevented them using them on you for a time would be an interesting idea...

I don't know anything about programming this game and don't know if it'd work, though.

A peace settlement that nerfed their spy production for a time and/or prevented them using them on you for a time would be an interesting idea...

I don't know anything about programming this game and don't know if it'd work, though.
A flag can be added to reduce spies or spy efficiency, I suppose. Flags can be added by changing the text files and the Discovery Spy CB can probably be changed to added the said flag. However, without properly augmenting the A.I., it wouldn't stop the A.I. from spamming when it is able to.

Vassalize them and take all their money, 4 bb is not that hard to handle, especially if you had 0 before. It's not a bad CB, especially since the nations that actually send spies are usually the wealthy ones that make good vassals you can later annex.

It does get annoying quick, but it's nothing a good vassalization won't solve. Only problem is when they're protected by nations you really wouldn't want to draw into war with you. At that point, I prefer just living with those guys as minor pests.

Their ridiculous peace offers in the beginning of wars are much more aggravating. I feel somewhat insulted when this little dirt speck on the map really wants me to pay him my entire treasury and end two vassalizations while I'm beating the living daylights out of his protector.

As someone in another thread already said it seems they check they are at war with us, we haven't occupied their one province nor beaten their 1k army so the AI thinks they must be winning :)
but yes, it's a very stupid behaviour and should be corrected someday.

Vassalize them and take all their money, 4 bb is not that hard to handle, especially if you had 0 before. It's not a bad CB, especially since the nations that actually send spies are usually the wealthy ones that make good vassals you can later annex.
Nah. Fact is 4 bb on an OPM is kind of a waste when you can eat it with the same price using the Imperialism CB.

By the way meija, I thought Czechs prefer to refer Bohemia as "cechy" (a very original name, really).

By the way meija, I thought Czechs prefer to refer Bohemia as "cechy" (a very original name, really).

Indeed. but well, almost everyone write the English names. I don’t see many Deutschlands or Sveriges here either.
So in EU terms my country is bohemia and in EU3 terms it’s (almost always) blobhemia.
I would write „Čechy“ only in case I wanted to make moravians angry as this term reffers only to the historic region (western half) not the whole modern state
which is Česká republika or the Czech Republic. Czechia is also possible but so many confuse it with Chechnia it’s not worth mentioning.
Sorry for OT and if you’re interested in the etymology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia

I think all you guys are acting silly.

"OH NOES! A ONE PROVINCE NATION IS SPAMMING ME WITH SPIES~! MY NATION IS TRULY SCREWED NOW!!! Watch out guys! That OPN is a tough guy!"

Like someone else said. If you don't like them using spies on you...vassalize them. Their CB presents a really easy excuse to use 4 infamy and make them a loyal puppet. And if you're complaining about constant begging for peace....why bother? They're the gasping mutterings of a failing government that will be squashed under-heel soon enough. I delight in their groveling.

"OH NOES! A ONE PROVINCE NATION IS SPAMMING ME WITH SPIES~! MY NATION IS TRULY SCREWED NOW!!! Watch out guys! That OPN is a tough guy!"

Like someone else said. If you don't like them using spies on you...vassalize them. Their CB presents a really easy excuse to use 4 infamy and make them a loyal puppet. And if you're complaining about constant begging for peace....why bother? They're the gasping mutterings of a failing government that will be squashed under-heel soon enough. I delight in their groveling.

Pretty much this.

The only time the OPM spy nonsense really bothers me is when I'm starting a 10 year regency. :/

If they do it and I'll be able to make them pay with the CB then I just can't be bothered to get bent out of shape about it.

Nah. Fact is 4 bb on an OPM is kind of a waste when you can eat it with the same price using the Imperialism CB.

Or you could, if you aren't THAT huge yet, vassalize them, wait for the mission to annex them and get your core ~40 years earlier.

Guess who's acting silly. As far as I can tell, everyone here is treating this as a matter of irritation rather than a threat.

Indeed. but well, almost everyone write the English names. I don’t see many Deutschlands or Sveriges here either.
Which is rather strange... since those nations used a more historic English name instead of inventing a new one. Bohemia sounds way cooler.

Which is rather strange... since those nations used a more historic English name instead of inventing a new one.
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Might be because most of my knowledge about history is mostly self-thaught after EU3 awakened my interest in it (history lessons in austrian schools are 70% "Why we were totaly innocent and justified in surrendering to germany without a proper fight in World War 2", 15% "Why we were victims to midunderstanding and aggression in World War 1" 10% Napoleon and only 5% other stuff), so I might miss out on some details here. Care to enlighten me?