• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All archers have the same range, except crossbowmen units. Weather is the only way to reduce the range and un/seelies archers are immune to it. The only way for standard archers to outrange the same enemy unit is, when there is weather condition (fog, rain, night) to use the dragon eye spell.

All archers have the same range, except crossbowmen units. Weather is the only way to reduce the range and un/seelies archers are immune to it. The only way for standard archers to outrange the same enemy unit is, when there is weather condition (fog, rain, night) to use the dragon eye spell.

I don't know why,but their archers has very long range, more range than mine.

Can you perhaps post screenshots of this? Make sure you hover over the archer unit with your mouse to include the red range circle in the screenshots.

The same archers should have the same range. I haven't come across anything in my games that increases range. So please some screenies, I am curious :)

I don't think there is a numerical value, but different type of archers definitely do have different ranges (briton archers are almost unusable because of their range). For similar units, I am not sure, negative weather + dragon's eye seems more likely (do archers on hills have longer range in this game ? I am not quite sure)

As far as I know, archers don't have the same range. I used the Briton archers next to the longbowmen and longowmen had bigger circle (firing range). Also some archers have a trait: long distance missiles (or something of that sort)