+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do you write your AAR?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    no, you need to host the images elsewhere - photobucket/imageshack et al, here's an idea how I lay it out (its from the last update to my EU3 AAR:

In effect the numbers 1/2 etc relate to an image, I then upload that image and embed it at the spot I've indicated. If I work on an update offline (say a long train journey), I may embed more code into the text (eg [b]..[/b}, and also the colours I use to indicate different speakers) and so on so its near ready for posting when I get back on line though.

You can embed the links into the document if they reference an image already uploaded, I've never done this as I can't see the gain - I use imageshack's 'uploader' to put the images onto the web and its as easy to copy and paste from that direct into the on-forum post as to the core document.
    So you write your AAR offline???? How?
    I'm not living unless I'm in battle, so I have to find my own reason to fight.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    So you write your AAR offline???? How?
    Well I can do all but the final upload offline. I prefer if I can to write an update one day, leave it, review it the day after and post it then - this depends a bit on how clear I am about what I want to say (if I can hear voices in head, or have a really clearly narrative, I will sometimes write, revise and post in a short period of time but that is rare). The balance between off-line and on-line varies. But at the least, I'll draft something out while selecting the rough set of images I'll use (sometimes combined) as I tend to take a picture of everything at the time and worry about it later on. I'll then use paint.net to prepare the images. I then tend to rework the text as I now have a better idea of the flow/length, what I am going to show and so on.

If I am still off-line, I may add mark up text to the open office document, otherwise I put the text onto the forum, upload and embed the images, then use the forum utilities for things like bold/centre/colour text etc, check with preview, and put it up. So its a sort of mixed process.
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    Well I can do all but the final upload offline. I prefer if I can to write an update one day, leave it, review it the day after and post it then - this depends a bit on how clear I am about what I want to say (if I can hear voices in head, or have a really clearly narrative, I will sometimes write, revise and post in a short period of time but that is rare). The balance between off-line and on-line varies. But at the least, I'll draft something out while selecting the rough set of images I'll use (sometimes combined) as I tend to take a picture of everything at the time and worry about it later on. I'll then use paint.net to prepare the images. I then tend to rework the text as I now have a better idea of the flow/length, what I am going to show and so on.

If I am still off-line, I may add mark up text to the open office document, otherwise I put the text onto the forum, upload and embed the images, then use the forum utilities for things like bold/centre/colour text etc, check with preview, and put it up. So its a sort of mixed process.
    Riiight...But how do you embed pics?

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    Riiight...But how do you embed pics?
    Using img tags?

When I write offline I save images until later and only add those once I've copy and pasted my update to the forums.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    Using img tags?

When I write offline I save images until later and only add those once I've copy and pasted my update to the forums.
    Okay thanks. I made my first chapter already thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3