+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do you write your AAR?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    no, you need to host the images elsewhere - photobucket/imageshack et al, here's an idea how I lay it out (its from the last update to my EU3 AAR:

In effect the numbers 1/2 etc relate to an image, I then upload that image and embed it at the spot I've indicated. If I work on an update offline (say a long train journey), I may embed more code into the text (eg [b]..[/b}, and also the colours I use to indicate different speakers) and so on so its near ready for posting when I get back on line though.

You can embed the links into the document if they reference an image already uploaded, I've never done this as I can't see the gain - I use imageshack's 'uploader' to put the images onto the web and its as easy to copy and paste from that direct into the on-forum post as to the core document.
    So you write your AAR offline???? How?
    I'm not living unless I'm in battle, so I have to find my own reason to fight.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    So you write your AAR offline???? How?
    Well I can do all but the final upload offline. I prefer if I can to write an update one day, leave it, review it the day after and post it then - this depends a bit on how clear I am about what I want to say (if I can hear voices in head, or have a really clearly narrative, I will sometimes write, revise and post in a short period of time but that is rare). The balance between off-line and on-line varies. But at the least, I'll draft something out while selecting the rough set of images I'll use (sometimes combined) as I tend to take a picture of everything at the time and worry about it later on. I'll then use paint.net to prepare the images. I then tend to rework the text as I now have a better idea of the flow/length, what I am going to show and so on.

If I am still off-line, I may add mark up text to the open office document, otherwise I put the text onto the forum, upload and embed the images, then use the forum utilities for things like bold/centre/colour text etc, check with preview, and put it up. So its a sort of mixed process.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    Well I can do all but the final upload offline. I prefer if I can to write an update one day, leave it, review it the day after and post it then - this depends a bit on how clear I am about what I want to say (if I can hear voices in head, or have a really clearly narrative, I will sometimes write, revise and post in a short period of time but that is rare). The balance between off-line and on-line varies. But at the least, I'll draft something out while selecting the rough set of images I'll use (sometimes combined) as I tend to take a picture of everything at the time and worry about it later on. I'll then use paint.net to prepare the images. I then tend to rework the text as I now have a better idea of the flow/length, what I am going to show and so on.

If I am still off-line, I may add mark up text to the open office document, otherwise I put the text onto the forum, upload and embed the images, then use the forum utilities for things like bold/centre/colour text etc, check with preview, and put it up. So its a sort of mixed process.
    Riiight...But how do you embed pics?

God of the Mega Campaign Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarys View Post
    Riiight...But how do you embed pics?
    Using img tags?

When I write offline I save images until later and only add those once I've copy and pasted my update to the forums.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

Letters from Amazonia - A CKII AAR using HIP!

When I speak in Anglo-Prussian Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    Using img tags?

When I write offline I save images until later and only add those once I've copy and pasted my update to the forums.
    Okay thanks. I made my first chapter already thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3