• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Closing my first thread:

If an admin reads this: it's also an open application for a position with bigger banhammers.

But joking aside: not a single moment, but just realising that the (OT) forum had become my new internet home.

When Johan moved my beta AAR to the main CK2 forum? That's the moment when I actually realized what I'm a part of. :)

When I was called an 'extremist' for daring to suggest that captured Somali pirates should not be shot on the spot and dumped into the ocean.

When I reached 3,000 posts.

At that time, 3,000 posts allowed you to get a custom-avatar and it looked like this:

v-avatar.jpg

Last edited:
Same here... my custom avatar (then saddest moment was when i lost it :wacko:).

The other great moment was when my work on MEIOU for EUIII was deemed worthy of having its own sub-forum :)

When I was called an 'extremist' for daring to suggest that captured Somali pirates should not be shot on the spot and dumped into the ocean.

Well, if you were planning something worse than that, it does seem a little extreme.

I guess for me it was just realizing I'd been here for ten years.

Well, if you were planning something worse than that, it does seem a little extreme.

I was talking about giving them trials... but since then, I've learned that such talk is frowned upon on the OT. :ja:

When an open petition was opened on [unnamed forum] demanding my resignation after the release of HoI 3 and people from here, including Johan, rushed over and made it very clear how they felt about that. :)

Why were you being targeted over HoI3?

Clearly I was responsible for the game on release because of my role in the company. Marketing = evil side. But I think even the people who had issues with that launch got annoyed with the fact that not only did the poster target me by releasing personal details, he also kept himself/herself comfortably anonymous. These days I use it as a bench mark. You haven't really messed up until someone demands your resignation :)

"I work hard for the criticism" a poet wrote. On the bright side, the whole concept of growth and progress through focus on the QA wouldn't probably happen without the HoI3 release. So maybe while breaking HoI3, you secured the future for the company. :)

Clearly I was responsible for the game on release because of my role in the company. Marketing = evil side. But I think even the people who had issues with that launch got annoyed with the fact that not only did the poster target me by releasing personal details, he also kept himself/herself comfortably anonymous. These days I use it as a bench mark. You haven't really messed up until someone demands your resignation :)

Some real charmers on the internet alright. the 200k celebration was great too, though it's strange, forum activity doesn't seem to rise in proportion to forum membership.

Some real charmers on the internet alright. the 200k celebration was great too, though it's strange, forum activity doesn't seem to rise in proportion to forum membership.

We have more and more games, so the activity is divided into more subforums than before. A few thousand of them are spambots too of course. Our ever vigilant moderator take care of them before they get a high post count though. :)

My favourite moment was probably introducing myself as a new hire and the warm welcome I got. I felt right at home from the start.

We have more and more games, so the activity is divided into more subforums than before. A few thousand of them are spambots too of course. Our ever vigilant moderator take care of them before they get a high post count though. :)

My favourite moment was probably introducing myself as a new hire and the warm welcome I got. I felt right at home from the start.

My favorite Kallocain forum moment was digital distribution=communism

what? that sound interesting ¿where i can read that?

There was a thread about how digital distribution was bad, and Orinsul alleged that digital distribution was akin to communism. Kallocain closed the thread saying these words, IIRC "So digital distribution equals communism? I disagree SO MUCH I am closing this thread now."

When Gigau put my name in the credits of MEIOU as a Team Member. ;)

My second favourite memory on the forum was realising that Johan was posting, as Balor, updates to EU (or EU2, I forget now) from home after leaving work on other projects - HOI, if memory serves. He was then answering questions about it. All from home.

But my favourite forum memory was the advent calendar series of pictures of the Paradoxians. Somehow you all seemd even more real to me after that. :)