• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- The awesome Vicky MP campaign Europe Ablaze together with a lot of the big shots in the Vicky forum, among them Darkrenown who went on to become a dev
- Seeing my name in the manual for AHD

About four months ago, when I was looking through an 18-month old PDM thread and spotted one of my own posts from 2010 where I said 'a couple more things and we'll be finished here'. ><

Alternatively, some of the 4AM conversations on the V2 mod forums when we were trying to work out how the hell anything worked.

My first successful AAR for EU3 and all the great comments that people left for me there.

Second goes to Fred Wester being cool on his blog about HoI 3. Though I never played any of the HoI games, I felt that he was a cool guy heading up a company that was worth supporting.

Third place has to go to those mornings spent reading over the DDs for CK2: it was sort of a press conference where King or Johan or Doomdark or Tegus or on one occasion Podcat listened to our knee-jerk feedback and answered questions. that was extremely cool.

The best moment on the forums is something I can't comment on here.:p A good second was when Johan moved my CK2 AAR over to the public area.:) But it's the AAR forums that have given me the most over the long term. So much gold!:)

When Alfred Packer told me he was a fan of my (first) AAR. :)

Not really a moment, but I sometimes miss the HoI2 forum days when Blue Emu would answer to every single question within 3 seconds, and with such detail and knowledge. Good times!

When Alfred Packer told me he was a fan of my (first) AAR. :)

Not really a moment, but I sometimes miss the HoI2 forum days when Blue Emu would answer to every single question within 3 seconds, and with such detail and knowledge. Good times!

V1 forums had that too, but with Rafiki answering everything.

Like many members he has moved on (probably). It is sort of sad, but a normal part of any group. People move on. Sometimes I look through the user list and see all those people I remember from my first days on the forum.

Yeah. And it's awesome when one of them suddenly pops back in.:D

Well I am extremely new here - but still, my favorite moment thus far - having an argument with 'paddey92' over at the War of the Roses board. And generally watching his senseless arguments.

The first reply to my first post 10 years ago...

I used to do so with the old EU. All but forgotten by now. the forums looked very different back then. So did I actually.

I remember a similar spammer on the CK1 forum.

Other favourite moments are when I was for the first time chosen as WritAAR of the week in december 2005 for 'A Saxon Imperial Dream' and the fact that I was the first ever winner of the 'CrusadAAR's Chalice' for 'The Last Lombard Prince of Italy'.

Last edited: