Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Map tool for Ender's client

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    some of my small sessions aren't loaded, is there some min. amount of pics required so that a session is loaded?
    Yes, the minimum session the game creates is 9 tiles, I set limitation of 13 or more tiles

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    Yes, the minimum session the game creates is 9 tiles, I set limitation of 13 or more tiles
    can you move this to the config file, I would like to import small sessions
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

This is a small utility for combining and merging maps from the Salem game.

In short, it can build session full map and merge sessions with common tiles

Project home
    http://code.google.com/p/salem-map-tool/

How-to
    http://code.google.com/p/salem-map-tool/wiki/Howto

Download
    http://code.google.com/p/salem-map-tool/downloads/list

You will need the Ender's custom client and .Net 3.5 (included in Windows 7)
    You are the cat's buttocks! I have literally been lost and wandering for 5+ hours,the best and worst thing that I have encountered yet.I patched together tiles and now I know exactly where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    can you move this to the config file, I would like to import small sessions
    Done

The only change is new parameter "importminsize" - the minimum amount of tiles in imported folder, hardcoded default is 0 (no limitation)

Second Lieutenant
    MagickaMount & Blade: Warband

Do removed maps appear again if you do a new import?
    Or whats the easiest way to import anything new? Cus it creates so friggin many folders for each day.

Colonel

I just delete the folders everyday, and then I only have a few for the next day to browse through and to merge with my existing map. I think this is the only easy way to do it.

Since tool works with original folders I can not make any changes - "do not touch things which do not belong to you"
    I started to work about different concept - workspace with single main map and all dances around it.
    But was fairly busy to contribute a much time

Sidenote:
    The thread title should be renamed to say "Salem map tool", because it also works for the bdSalem client from APX

Corporal

Since i've been using this program to produce the world map png files for my thread i'd thought 'd post here.

I've been trying to get an exported png image of my latest map it has 14,211 tiles and it's 20,600x38,400 which is about the max size of the world at the moment. My previous attempts at exporting images worked up to the point of a map thats 11,105 tiles and is 10,400x38,400

Tried exporting for an image with the west pass and Xsilberg's addition and the salem map tool failed again error "Session 'base+westpass+Xsilberg' Whole map can not be saved: Parameter is not valid." my ram also never went above 3.15GB

Just to let you know I did try to export the same image on a better computer quad core 3.2GHz with 8 GB of ram, 64bit win7. started the process with nothing running and the program still gave the above error...
    Last edited by Gotrek65; 02-06-2012 at 21:18. Reason: edited the wrong thread/reply

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Software wasn't compiled to utilize 64-bit addressing. Find a package that is and will let you use the larger address spaces. (Sorry, don't have any recommendations.)

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    Software wasn't compiled to utilize 64-bit addressing. Find a package that is and will let you use the larger address spaces. (Sorry, don't have any recommendations.)
    pretty sure I can't cause i'd need the source code surprisingly I could do that myself as I have quite a bit of experience with VB.net

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Could mention some things you could do, but... that would probably be against forum rules.

You'll just have to hunt around for 64-bit address compatible software. I don't know what's available as I'm not into all the graphic editing and such.

Also, this is why Google Maps is used as a host for so many of the world maps. Everything is kept in tiles and loaded as needed.

Tool does use 64 bits, it is Net assembly and runs under bitness of operation system (if not defined otherwise)

Regarding large images - first, .Net have limitation of image size to create.
    Second, Windows itself can fail to do this. When I tried to make 10k x 40k pixels image in Paint, my computer (W7, 8G RAM) has hung, so rebooted.

Export makes two things - stores all tiles and stores (if can) whole image.

small update:
    - some fixes
    - added export settings (png/jpeg, save tiles/map, grid on the map)

I love this map tool, thank you so much.

For me to be 100% satisfied though I would like to request 2 things:

1. Add an option to create a master map rather than a new merged map each time which you can just add to over time.
    2. Add the ability to put named markers/waypoints on the master map.

Thanks, and again, great work on this, thank you so much.

Corporal
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

small update:
    - some fixes
    - added export settings (png/jpeg, save tiles/map, grid on the map)
    Many thanks for this tool, very very handy.

However I am getting a weird bug when I goto export;

Session 'Merge date time'
    Directory exists:
    dir\name\here

However, the directory doesn't exist and hasn't exported yet.

Edit: After some variations on the export directory I have come to this conclusion.

When you select the export directory in the config file it is fine when empty.
    But if you change to another directory that doesn't exist, exports fine.

I'd say it's looking for an empty directory or because "Salem\map\Merged" is found rather than "Salem\map\Merged\name_#".

If I delete the "Salem\map\Merged" directory it exports no trouble, but if there is something within that directory, Error.

I hope this makes sense, but if you want me to test or describe this more, just message me.
    Last edited by Shealladh; 28-07-2012 at 05:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Shealladh View Post
    However I am getting a weird bug when I goto export;
    You are right, thanks.
    Fixed in the new build

Corporal
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

You are right, thanks.
    Fixed in the new build
    Cool thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3