• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
first of all some guy described britain as england and being welsh i dont like that so use britain not englad ok sdskinner. the uk ai is really stupid i fought them as two sicillies all they did was drop 30 thousand troops down twice a year in tunicia or sicilly and theyr naval blockade was easily destroyed cos they only send like 2 man o wars and a few frigates. plus i love it when the uk ai and usa fight. i saw it once the usa took quebec and about 8 years later britain took quebec, florida and new england of them.

I've seen Germany become extremely powerful if it unites early (#1 in everything), but you're generally correct. In ONE of my games, Austria Hungary conquered most of Germany (with my-Argentine- financial backing), and became #1 power.

But yes, generally UK, US, and occasionally Germany are the only real superpowers. France tends to get beaten up in some early-mid game war and hit an endless cycle of revolutions.