+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How do I get an heir?

  1. #1
    Second Lieutenant anycent's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anywhere but America
    Posts
    101

    How do I get an heir?

    I'm currently playing as England. I Started the game in 1560. I need to get an Heir to the throne so the Tudor dynasty does'nt die out. So my question is how do you get an heir to the throne? (not the game)

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by anycent View Post
    I'm currently playing as England. I Started the game in 1560. I need to get an Heir to the throne so the Tudor dynasty does'nt die out. So my question is how do you get an heir to the throne? (not the game)
    You must wait.

  3. #3
    Yep.
    Happens by itself.
    Then he dies in an hunting accident.
    Then you get another one.
    This one gets deadly sick.
    So you wait again until you get another one.
    The game allows you to choose if you want to name him "Alexander" or "Ceasar", which is pretty badass.
    That also dies.
    This times, the game allows you to either pray for him or get it on with a servant to immedialty get a new one.
    Naturally, you choose the latter.
    But that one dies in an hunting accident again.
    Which causes you to ragequit the game and consider playing a republic the next time.
    But you won't, propably because of the small selection, and go through it again instead.

    Note: That won't actually all happen during the same monarchs life, but it will FEEL as if it happened that often

  4. #4
    Insert Tab A into Slot B. Repeat if necessary.

    Note: these instructions brought to you by the fine folks at IKEA.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberEagle View Post
    Yep.
    Happens by itself.
    Then he dies in an hunting accident.
    Then you get another one.
    This one gets deadly sick.
    So you wait again until you get another one.
    The game allows you to choose if you want to name him "Alexander" or "Ceasar", which is pretty badass.
    That also dies.
    This times, the game allows you to either pray for him or get it on with a servant to immedialty get a new one.
    Naturally, you choose the latter.
    But that one dies in an hunting accident again.
    Which causes you to ragequit the game and consider playing a republic the next time.
    But you won't, propably because of the small selection, and go through it again instead.

    Note: That won't actually all happen during the same monarchs life, but it will FEEL as if it happened that often
    Anycent, when you see how important your monarch and heir are to warfare, diplomacy, and administration, and then lose a high-ranking monarch to his/her terrible heir, you'll become just a cynical as the rest .
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

  6. #6
    On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    British North America
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by anycent View Post
    I'm currently playing as England. I Started the game in 1560. I need to get an Heir to the throne so the Tudor dynasty does'nt die out. So my question is how do you get an heir to the throne? (not the game)
    You can matrilineally marry your queen to Ivan IV of Russia. He has the hedonistic trait, which helps with fertility.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Turrosh Mak View Post
    Insert Tab A into Slot B. Repeat if necessary.
    Something came up when I repeated that for just thirty-ish times. Then Tab A softened up.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Major cpreston5's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    563
    Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much...

  10. #10
    IF (AND(HEIR_ADM > 5;WESTERNIZE_COUNTRY=0);
    KILL_HEIR;
    else MAKE_KING(HEIR)
    YEARDEATH_KING(YEAR(TODAY)+60)
    )

    Im sure PI has this line somewhere in EU3's code....=P

  11. #11
    Lt. General PiriReis's Avatar
    Divine WindEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston5 View Post
    Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much...
    i thought it was:

    Child: Mommy, where do babies come from?
    Mom: Well Billy, one day, a stork brought you to us, and we were very happy.
    Child: So, I came from a stork?
    Mom: That's right. Now go bug your father.

    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
    "I never argued with anyone hoping to win the debate; rather I always wished that the truth would come from his side" ~Ibn Idrīs al-Shāfi‘ī
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    i thought it was:

    Child: Mommy, where do babies come from?
    Mom: Well Billy, one day, a stork brought you to us, and we were very happy.
    Child: So, I came from a stork?
    Mom: That's right. Now go bug your father.

    Daddy, mommy cheated on you with a stork!

  13. #13
    Major marat271's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    559
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well, when a woman and a chair love each other very much....

  14. #14
    On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    British North America
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by marat271 View Post
    Well, when a woman and a chair love each other very much....
    It's like plugging an electrical cord into a wall jack.

  15. #15
    Captain synthshadow's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Republic of Croydonia
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    It's like plugging an electrical cord into a wall jack.
    Wish that had been MY explanation as a child...
    No, I'm not a tree-hugging, granola-eating, hippy-daisy-wearing marshmallow of a creampuff - Scocou.

    As EU4 isn't the game for peaceful internal development, I suggest that you use that money to put boots in exotic places... - Knul

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts