+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rather low PM limit

Rather low PM limit

I find myself repeatedly running into the PM limit. At a mere 30 PMs I can at times run into the limit within days, especially as I have some PMs I do not want to delete, making it impossible for me to clear my quota out completely.
    Is there any way I could get the limit increased? As a modder I sometimes get a lot of PMs over a short period of time, and having to repeatedly empty out my inbox is tedious.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You can turn off the retention of Sent PMs, that should help a bit.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

You can download those ones you want to save and store them that way.
    Ideally I would love to be able to add a certain amount per game registered say, but that is not allowed with the current software.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Thanks for the suggestions; that should help a bit.

@Castellon: Would it be possible to increase the base amount a bit at least, then, to say, 50? Even 20 more PMs would make a big difference.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

For many years the limit for most members was 20, I gave the limit a 50% increase. (I don't even want to tell you how many PMs I get in a day.)
    It comes down to a balance, this is not a private messaging service it is a forum, we want people posting in the forum and engaging everyone, not having private conversations.
    When I looked after Tech support, So many people would PM me instead of posting in the forum where it could help other people as well, I never understood that.

PMs do have their place, which is why we allow them, but it is not, and should not be the focus.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

There is also a way to get a copy of each PM in your email. That way if you are in a hurry you can delete them all here and search your email inbox for the correct PM.

Click on 'Settings' in the top right
    Go to 'My settings' -> 'My account' -> 'General settings'
    Under the header 'Messaging & Notification' -> 'Private messaging'
    Tick the box 'Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages'
    Don forget to 'Save changes'

This will send a notification to your email address with a copy of the message in the body of the email. To avoid your inbox from overflowing from these messages I use a seperate folder for Paradox PM messages and have set a rule in my email account to put incoming messages from 'forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com' in that folder.

It's not a perfect solution, but will ensure you will not lose important messages and doesn't require you to download them all the time.
    .....*..................*................. ...................*.................................................. ...............*
    ........................*.......................*..........*....................................*...................
    ...................*....................* Blundering through space *........................................*
    .................................................. ......a Lost Empire Immortals AAR.................................................. .....*
    .................*........................ .....................*....*.................*
    ..............*.................................................. .*.................................*
    Discontinued

Is there a reason my PM limit is at 2 then, is it because I am new and havent posted much at the moment?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CMN240967 View Post
    Is there a reason my PM limit is at 2 then, is it because I am new and havent posted much at the moment?

Thanks.
    Yup.

+ Reply to Thread