• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Events (proposed):

1. Recreation of the Legions (Adds several infantry and cavalry to Rome)
2. Twilight of the Gauls (Vichy France has a 10% chance of accepting annexation, the other 90% is war)
3. West Africa leaves the Empire (Cede All of French Africa except for Algeria and Morrocco to Free France)
4. Roman Intervention in the Spanish Civil War (Nat. Spain can either join the Roman alliance or become a puppet, or just get aide)
5. Provocation on the Spanish Frontier (Requires Republicans to win Civil War, Romans declare war)
6. Germany Protects Portugal! (Peace concluded with Allies if at war, leaves Axis)
7. Is this War? (Portugal demanded to hand over Iberian provinces, if not, war, possible German intervention on Portuguese side)
8. The Roman Kin Reunified (Adds cores of SPQR to Greece and Turkey)

I could attempt to help with research or pictures or something.... not much of a modder but i really want this mod to be completed

i really need ideas for ministers, leaders and tech teams. I've made it for both roman factions that the head of government stays as the same person but with new stats but for the rest of the cabinet i've got no idea about either greek or italian politics, all i know is that vittorio emmanuele III of italy was well loved until the end of the war and that the greek king held little power over his nation. Ideas and pictures for tech teams would be great, other than that i've set aside pics from KR that i'll ask them if i can use before i release the game

Events (proposed):

1. Recreation of the Legions (Adds several infantry and cavalry to Rome)
2. Twilight of the Gauls (Vichy France has a 10% chance of accepting annexation, the other 90% is war)
3. West Africa leaves the Empire (Cede All of French Africa except for Algeria and Morrocco to Free France)
4. Roman Intervention in the Spanish Civil War (Nat. Spain can either join the Roman alliance or become a puppet, or just get aide)
5. Provocation on the Spanish Frontier (Requires Republicans to win Civil War, Romans declare war)
6. Germany Protects Portugal! (Peace concluded with Allies if at war, leaves Axis)
7. Is this War? (Portugal demanded to hand over Iberian provinces, if not, war, possible German intervention on Portuguese side)
8. The Roman Kin Reunified (Adds cores of SPQR to Greece and Turkey)

these ideas are great, i'd like to tweak them abit though. My plans were to make spain get fully integrated with the west romans. There might be an event chain later on where Franco gets to be the leader of an allied/puppet Spain that wishes to reclaim it's old empire too but for now it's full integration. My thoughts are that if Germany and Italy ally and Portugal becomes a target of Rome then they will either fight and capitulate to their colonies in Africa or they'll accept the demands and be integrated. Their colonies will be taken by appropriate nations. (Macao to China, Islands and Africa to UK, Timor to Netherlands.) If Portugal retreats to Africa they'll join the Allies and become like Free France
The joining of the Senate's as i called it will take place in the event of Rome not accepting the Byzantines and fully annexing them into the empire.
I like the Twilight of the Gauls idea that will be added as you suggested.
Recreation of Legions yes and also a "Classis" (fleet) building event chain which could put Italy higher than the Germans for strength and if combined with the Byzantine "Classis" events they could even rival Japan by the outbreak of war.

What does everyone think about the Political side of the Romans? Which side would they back if they would back one at all? (Comintern, Allies, Axis) My plans at present would be that if Mussolini wins in the power struggle he'd remain friendly with Germany but if Vittorio won he'd swing towards the Allies but remian isolated unless the Germans interfered (Portugal and Turkey could be two of those moments where all three alliances can interfere)

What about Japan and the USA surely they would be interested at the very least, perhaps japan could be the Roman's ally instead of Germany?

Oh and i have just double checked Rommelstein's work and realised it's 1933, my greek events start in 1936, should i bring forward the SPQR events to 1936 or keep them in 33 to make the legion/naval events?

Last edited:
SPQR is an Republican Symbol,the real Roman Empire symbol is the Eagle

I hope this mod doesn't get abandoned, as I adore this idea. It'd finally give me an excuse to play as Italy, that's for darn sure!

Also, if Mussolini goes along with the SPQR route, I think that Hitler would refrain from offering a full alliance, as he now sees il Duce as a rival. Germany would make a non-aggression pact and maintain friendly relations in lieu of the Tripartite Pact. This would have the benefit of allowing Italy to sit out the World War and quietly prepare for its own conquests.

An idea I had for an event with the non-aggression pact in mind would be Mussolini offering "protection" to the Yugoslavs from German expansion in exchange for the Dalmatian coast and puppeting their government. Yugoslavia would reluctantly agree to this rather one-sided arrangement, as they fear Hitler. From there Mussolini can gradually integrate them into his growing Empire.

Yeah, if Mussolini wins the power struggle then it will be the SPQR under his rule
if the king wins it will be the Roman empire with the eagle :)

I hope this mod doesn't get abandoned, as I adore this idea. It'd finally give me an excuse to play as Italy, that's for darn sure!

I'm currently in talks with another modder bout merging this with his Roman mod, i can't see this being released anytime soon with just me (a amateur) on my own. It will still be Byzantines and Romans but it would most likely be Communist based and written over AAR's inter war mod. If talks get nowhere then of course your suggestion like all others in this thread are noted, if it merges then i will still refer to this thread for suggestions for the 1936 period when we reach it with our modding. We could create a 1933/36 scenario to start from if you don't want to play from 1914 (or 1917 as i suggested) as the romans. The map would look different though, infact the world would be different but more on that later :D

Hmm I suppose. Mussolini did come to power in 1919, didn't he?

There is no such distinction as the Republican constitution was never formally abolished. Both the Eagle and the term "Senate and People of Rome" remained symbolic of the Imperium Romanum post Augustus.

WOW,this is a complex and very good mod :D

How's progress on this so far? I'd like to know, because I find this quite interesting and would actually like to see a download link or somethin'.

This exact mod is dead now,. BUT before you get too upset my Byzantine work will be joined with Lord_Mackie's ww1 based Roman mod that is in progress, i could release a horribly rushed version of this mod soon but it wouldn't be particularly good. Similar ideas to ones in this mod are currently circling between myself and Lord_Mackie

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ew-Age-of-the-Roman-Empire-A-Darkest-Hour-Mod

Oh! In that case I will unsubscribe from this one and resubscribe to that. You might also want to change the link in your signature to this new WWI mod.