• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there also an option to change governments? I mean, it could be that due to Soviet Victory in new World War 2, Byzantium and / or SPQR could be conquered. If they would have administered the nation efficiently you could imagine that the Soviet Union would release those nations as a whole. Or in another setting, the government could be couped and you would get the Roman Communion or Roman Soviet Republic etc. I mean, do you have different sets of governments (communist / democratic (with elections?) / paternal autocrat (monarchy?) / fascist)?

Yeah, it should not be mandatory to sleep either mod as to speak but I think some want to play SPQR only...nevertheless good luck with creating events and such, I am willing to playtest both mods. Furthermore the idea of a cold war should really be interesting, could be some colony border war (in Africa?) or division of post war Europe that would cause border tensions (proxy wars) or full blown wars...

Tim

Is there also an option to change governments? I mean, it could be that due to Soviet Victory in new World War 2, Byzantium and / or SPQR could be conquered. If they would have administered the nation efficiently you could imagine that the Soviet Union would release those nations as a whole. Or in another setting, the government could be couped and you would get the Roman Communion or Roman Soviet Republic etc. I mean, do you have different sets of governments (communist / democratic (with elections?) / paternal autocrat (monarchy?) / fascist)?

Yeah, it should not be mandatory to sleep either mod as to speak but I think some want to play SPQR only...nevertheless good luck with creating events and such, I am willing to playtest both mods. Furthermore the idea of a cold war should really be interesting, could be some colony border war (in Africa?) or division of post war Europe that would cause border tensions (proxy wars) or full blown wars...

Tim

Well - It should be possible since it's realistic.. But I don't know if it'll be implented in the first versions.

Tim

Yeah, I think Tim's idea of a Communist Rome would also be cool. Maybe a Roma-Soviet split similar to the Sino-Soviet split might spice things up.

in reply to those wanted solely an SPQR mod, a chain of events will happen to Greece through 1936 that will turn them into the Byzantines, if your playing as the SPQR you could coup then annex the Greeks and get some events for the destruction of Turkey, Bulgaria (peaceful with Hitlers consent). Albania, Yugoslavia and the middle east nations

That's a pretty cool idea.

i think we'll try to develop it so that each major faction can try to topple or influence the governments of both SPQR and the Byzatines. If the SPQR decides to coup and annex greece before it turns into the Byzantines then the allies or comintern could try to cause it to rise up in civil war. It's up to the controller of the nation to try to resist the allied, Comintern or Axis influence.

The SPQR will stay loyal to Hitler if Mussolini stays in power. If he is toppled by the popular monarchy then the SPQR will turn into the Roman empire and choose its path. - This is the most drastic option because it could end Germany very quickly if the Allies manage to secure a friendship with Vittorio Emmanuele III. Perhaps Mussolini could go into hiding in Germany and Hitler could help him retake Italy. (Civil war) Or the Soviets could re influence The SPQR back to being Italy (Most Likely civil war aswell)

Are there already events etc. that need to be tested? (I am exciting to play this :p) What about leaders / ministers. I think you would let them stay the same? What about a new minister (the Senate) with its unique profile? (like the unique personalities of FDR / Hitler / Mussolini / Stalin / Churchill that are represented?)

Are there some tech teams that need to be changed / added, have you thought about that? Maybe when Rome and / or Byzantium annex / incorporate nations, some tech teams should / could be added. If possible, some tech teams could be formed as co-teams. What I mean by this is, that when SPQR and Byzantium start working together, investments on both sides would occur, even better military and technological cooperation would be stimulated. This could lead to events like, industry cooperation is profitable (+1 IC in x random provinces + x random supplies or 1% IC efficiency) and military cooperation (tech team xxx is now available, or a new infantry division has arrived..?).

Tim

Are there already events etc. that need to be tested? (I am exciting to play this :p) What about leaders / ministers. I think you would let them stay the same? What about a new minister (the Senate) with its unique profile? (like the unique personalities of FDR / Hitler / Mussolini / Stalin / Churchill that are represented?)

Are there some tech teams that need to be changed / added, have you thought about that? Maybe when Rome and / or Byzantium annex / incorporate nations, some tech teams should / could be added. If possible, some tech teams could be formed as co-teams. What I mean by this is, that when SPQR and Byzantium start working together, investments on both sides would occur, even better military and technological cooperation would be stimulated. This could lead to events like, industry cooperation is profitable (+1 IC in x random provinces + x random supplies or 1% IC efficiency) and military cooperation (tech team xxx is now available, or a new infantry division has arrived..?).

Tim

Well, I didn't have the chance to do any major progress since my last post where I showed my progress. I will talk to razorbird during the weekend to try and get something going on - I do believe he's already done something though!

i confess all i've done is laid the groundwork i've not actually coded anything of use. I fully agree with the joint Tech teams idea and had plans to increase the skillof some tech teams on both sides through events around 1938. Speaking of 1938 that's the year the map should start going roman, Southern Albania and Macedon should fall to the Byzantines and the SPQR may take the Spanish civil war as an opportunity to invade and reclaim spain. If it takes Spain it'll fortify the border with France and Gibraltar to threaten the allies. In early 39' the Turkey/Byzantine war will begin and that's when Britain, France and Soviets have the opportunity to support Turkey, If they do it'll help in the short term but will make the Turkish people think they are being sold out by their leaders and cause bigger problems :)

Apart from Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia the Byzantines will get everything East while the SPQR will go west and to the north. Rommelstein will model that while i go East but we'll make sure we coordinate, the above plans i posted haven't been confirmed by him but we'll get in touch tomorrow or Sunday to confirm the first few years of gameplay

No offense towards your mod what so ever, in fact i cant wait to play it :D but............why do you address the country as SPQR? that stands for Senatus Populus Que Romanus. I understand it kinda was Rome's motto but not its name

Event idea: Reformation of the Roman Legions (Wehrmacht-styled event for SPQR)

No offense towards your mod what so ever, in fact i cant wait to play it :D but............why do you address the country as SPQR? that stands for Senatus Populus Que Romanus. I understand it kinda was Rome's motto but not its name
It was actually its name. The Eastern Empire unofficially changed it to the Roman Empire over the years but the Western half was always Senatus Populusque Romanus.

wow...... interesting i never knew that! confusing especially with:wacko: diplomacy

Event idea: Reformation of the Roman Legions (Wehrmacht-styled event for SPQR)
I agree. I think that otherwise the Romans will be unable to build an army fast enough to truly become a great power, let alone a superpower. I think that Italy's Navy should be considered, since especially in modern warfare, the navy has become the centerpiece of power projection that is characteristic of a superpower (which is, what I assume, Rome will aspire to be).

The SPQR will stay loyal to Hitler if Mussolini stays in power. If he is toppled by the popular monarchy then the SPQR will turn into the Roman empire and choose its path. - This is the most drastic option because it could end Germany very quickly if the Allies manage to secure a friendship with Vittorio Emmanuele III. Perhaps Mussolini could go into hiding in Germany and Hitler could help him retake Italy. (Civil war) Or the Soviets could re influence The SPQR back to being Italy (Most Likely civil war aswell)

I'm interested in your project (even if i think is highly unhistorical :p ) and I have to say that, assuming Mussolini will successfully gain claims on the roman empire he would not "remain loyal" to hitler. Not necessarily at least. what I'm saying is that italy with cores on other mediterranean nations should have the opportunity to choose their allies: Germany, England, even the soviets, or alone (or with greece).

i'll keep working on the byzantines until they have Turkey,Macedonia, Bulgaria and Albania then i'll switch to make Spanish and Portugese events for the Italian part of the romans, after that i'll have to do work on tech teams and other events as listed above (faction influence on romans and investements between the two nations.) it will be better event wise for the Byzantines to exist but you can still annex them as the spqr. Any help would be appreciated with this if rommelstein isn't up for it anymore, plus you can rejoin if you wish rommelstein.

A release may take place after spain and turkey are roman, i was away this week so haven't done anymore but this mod is being worked on

I could attempt to help with research or pictures or something.... not much of a modder but i really want this mod to be completed