• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tigrislove

Sergeant
57 Badges
Apr 8, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
Hi,

I'm playing as Great Britain and I want to get all of India directly under my control. However, since most of the Indian nations are in my SoI there's no way to annex them (except for the event that pops up once in a while, but far too rarely). Does anyone know of an effective way for GB to acquire India?

Tigrislove

Hi,

I'm playing as Great Britain and I want to get all of India directly under my control. However, since most of the Indian nations are in my SoI there's no way to annex them (except for the event that pops up once in a while, but far too rarely). Does anyone know of an effective way for GB to acquire India?

Tigrislove

The only way is to let yourself fall to revolution...Paradox should really incorporate the GTFO mod.

There's an event which once in a while will let you inherit one of the substates, can get as much as 5-6 of them each longer game. Other than that, you can outright cheat to annex, or edit the inheritance event to happen more often, or just give up and only exploit them as your SoI+puppets.

There's an event which once in a while will let you inherit one of the substates, can get as much as 5-6 of them each longer game. Other than that, you can outright cheat to annex, or edit the inheritance event to happen more often, or just give up and only exploit them as your SoI+puppets.

Enacting the Empress of India decision will stop the event firing btw. I don't think it has any benefits aside from the prestige that comes from it, which is not a big deal for the UK, so you might want to hold off on firing it.

I once used console commands to get the territories in British India. I understood that if there are still countries that can form a union country around, you cannot release that country. That's why you couldn't release Poland pre-2.3 if Krakow was around. But why couldn't I release India, even though I conquered all the Indian minors? The same thing happens with Yugoslavia for some reason. Are those countries just not releasable, like the Manhattan Commune?

If only someone would write an event that allowed people to instantly annex all of the indian states as britain, so many threads on this of late :p

You can't release union countries like Poland, Yugoslavia or Germany.

If only someone would write an event that allowed people to instantly annex all of the indian states as britain, so many threads on this of late :p

The British didn't just annex everything in India. Even when Indian unification took place after WWII, states like Hyderabad didn't want to join India. Hell, Hyderabad was conquered by India even after it chose to remain independent.

Why should the game make it easier to annex the whole area when, historically, the British did not do that and the various states clung to their semi-independence?

If you want to annex the substates, just don't take the Empress of India decision so that the Doctrine of Lapse keeps firing. Any state that doesn't succumb to the Doctrine of Lapse event is viable in game terms. And if it really bothers you, grab the GTFO mod and annex them yourself, taking the appropriate infamy penalty.

Besides, why bother annexing India? There are more useful places to conquer, to be honest.

Czechoslovakia is a union country, but I can release it.

With India, I believe you may release it at any time after you have all of the nations that have an Indian culture under your control. Nepalese is considered an Indian culture, in case you didn't know. So Nepal, Bhutan, and Sikkhim must be part of your little Indian Empire if you wish to release India.

Yugoslavia has Prague(625) for it's capital, when it should be, arguably, Belgrade (794). The game requires you to own the listed Capital and no countries within its union existing.

You can't release unions through war-goals. My many wars to destroy Austria always fail at Czechoslovakia.

Yugoslavia has Prague(625) for it's capital, when it should be, arguably, Belgrade (794). The game requires you to own the listed Capital and no countries within its union existing.

You can't release unions through war-goals. My many wars to destroy Austria always fail at Czechoslovakia.

No...At least in AHD, you can ask the Brits to release India right off the bat...and I recall releasing Hyderabad in Pondicherry as France in vanilla(after the UK DoLed Hyderabad).

The British didn't just annex everything in India. Even when Indian unification took place after WWII, states like Hyderabad didn't want to join India. Hell, Hyderabad was conquered by India even after it chose to remain independent.

Why should the game make it easier to annex the whole area when, historically, the British did not do that and the various states clung to their semi-independence?

If you want to annex the substates, just don't take the Empress of India decision so that the Doctrine of Lapse keeps firing. Any state that doesn't succumb to the Doctrine of Lapse event is viable in game terms. And if it really bothers you, grab the GTFO mod and annex them yourself, taking the appropriate infamy penalty.

Besides, why bother annexing India? There are more useful places to conquer, to be honest.

Oh I fully understand how the British allowed the states to remain quasi independent and what not, I was just saying it as a lot of people have been posting threads recently about how to annex all of the Indian states. I personally don't even play as Britain but it would just end the stream of threads about people trying to annex India if an event got written to do so :p

Is this a bug? The only reason I can think of for setting the capital as Prague is to prevent everybody except Austria from releasing it.

No...At least in AHD, you can ask the Brits to release India right off the bat...and I recall releasing Hyderabad in Pondicherry as France in vanilla(after the UK DoLed Hyderabad).

Czechoslovakia is actually coded in the free-people war goal to be unreleasable that way, along with Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, Yugoslavia and Romania. So to rephrase, certain unions cant be released with a war goal unless they partially exist - Pan-nationalists succeed, event/player release.

Code:
free_peoples = {
	sprite_index = 9
	is_triggered_only = yes
	months = 12

badboy_factor = 1
	prestige_factor = 1
	peace_cost_factor = 1
	penalty_factor = 1

break_truce_prestige_factor = 1
	break_truce_infamy_factor = 1
	break_truce_militancy_factor = 1
	truce_months = 0

good_relation_prestige_factor = 1
	good_relation_infamy_factor = 1
	good_relation_militancy_factor = 1

can_use = {
		NOT = { is_our_vassal = THIS }
	}

# THIS - us
	# FROM - country scope is possible match?
	# war target country of goal is scope
	allowed_countries = {
		number_of_states = 2
		NOT = {
			tag = FROM
			this_culture_union = FROM	
		}
		from = {
			OR = {
				exists = yes
				NOT = {
						OR = {
							tag = GER
							tag = SCA
							tag = ITA
							tag = YUG
							tag = ROM
							tag = CZH
						}
					}
				}
			}

any_owned_province = {
			is_core = FROM
			NOT =
			{
				is_core = THIS
			}
		}
		is_releasable_vassal = FROM
	}

# THIS - us
	# FROM - country scope is possible match?
	# war target country of goal's state
	allowed_states = {
		any_owned_province = {
			is_core = FROM
		}
		#not = { any_owned_province = { is_capital = yes } } #code can deal with capitals they get new state
	}

po_transfer_provinces = yes

war_name = WAR_FREE_NAME

on_add = {
		move_issue_percentage = { 
			from = jingoism 
			to = pro_military
			value = 0.25
		}
	}
}

Is this a bug? The only reason I can think of for setting the capital as Prague is to prevent everybody except Austria from releasing it.
Anyone know the answer to this yet? I would like to know!

Vienna would be a safer bet to make it Austria only releasable.
Id place my money on; they made the history file for YUG based on the BOH/CZH one and forgot to correct the capital. Other Capitals might be bugged too*, Yug only came to my attention when my outside formation of Yugoslavia kept failing.

*Australia's capital is Sydney, when it was Melbourne until Canberra was founded in 1927. India conversely keeps Calcutta since Delhi wasn't the Capital till 1931.

Last edited: