• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

soth007

Sergeant
36 Badges
Mar 15, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines
I was playing a fun game from the ign beta, and then on turn 104 i got the message "Empress has won" I assume by casting the unity spell. So I loaded up the turn before it, cast counterspell, and there was nothing being cast by Empress. I guess this means she can cast the game over spell in one turn?? I had the AI difficulty set to "impossible" so maybe that had something to do with it. To be honest, I find it to be far too easy even on "impossible" (except that they can apparently finish unity spell in 1 turn, so I guess that does make things tough in a cheesey awful sort of way)

Please add an option to turn on/off different victory conditions. I have always played these games in 'conquest' mode, where the only way to win was to destroy all enemies. I like long games, and if it is that quick to cast unity I won't get much enjoyment from this game.

I was playing a fun game from the ign beta, and then on turn 104 i got the message "Empress has won" I assume by casting the unity spell. So I loaded up the turn before it, cast counterspell, and there was nothing being cast by Empress. I guess this means she can cast the game over spell in one turn?? I had the AI difficulty set to "impossible" so maybe that had something to do with it. To be honest, I find it to be far too easy even on "impossible" (except that they can apparently finish unity spell in 1 turn, so I guess that does make things tough in a cheesey awful sort of way)

Please add an option to turn on/off different victory conditions. I have always played these games in 'conquest' mode, where the only way to win was to destroy all enemies. I like long games, and if it is that quick to cast unity I won't get much enjoyment from this game.

Not sure what happened there, but the Unity spell takes a good number of turns to prepare and a similar number to cast! Going from my experience. If it happened once, then perhaps you missed something!?! If it happens again then Id be worried. Make sure you report back here. I can tell you that I had to past turn 250 to get to cast it.

All I can suggest is that perhaps you are NOT doing enough to disrupt your opponents plans. Maybe!

Not sure what happened there, but the Unity spell takes a good number of turns to prepare and a similar number to cast! Going from my experience. If it happened once, then perhaps you missed something!?! If it happens again then Id be worried. Make sure you report back here. I can tell you that I had to past turn 250 to get to cast it.

All I can suggest is that perhaps you are NOT doing enough to disrupt your opponents plans. Maybe!

Yeah, on further research I suspect Empress must have either taken all the holy ground locations (there were zero on my chunk of the map) Or she maybe killed an avatar.

Its most likely what happened! Perhaps the devs may consider having a prompt telling/showing you how you lost!?!

That's a good idea. I guess the ai could have been casting the Unity spell for many turns. I don't see anyway of knowing what they are doing besides troop movements.

That's a good idea. I guess the ai could have been casting the Unity spell for many turns. I don't see anyway of knowing what they are doing besides troop movements.

You can see what spells other factions are casting in the situation overview screen. The one with the relations between gods and factions, and between each of the factions.