+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expanding the Role of the Inquisition

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Expanding the Role of the Inquisition

Pretty mutch what the title says. Does anyone know how active the inquistion were in the games timeframe? Im curious as to whether the inquisition will be expanded upon in later patches to include new events, and to give the pope more temporal power.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Inquisition in game just means any attempt by the court to convert a province, it doesn't have much to do with the Inquisition, its just a cool word with exciting connotations.
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    Inquisition in game just means any attempt by the court to convert a province, it doesn't have much to do with the Inquisition, its just a cool word with exciting connotations.
    It's also a neat way to have a convenient excuse to get rid of a troublesome character by branding him a heretic.
    I used to be a King of England like you. Then I took an arrow in the eye...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    It's also a neat way to have a convenient excuse to get rid of a troublesome character by branding him a heretic.
    Doesn't seem to work on Dukes or Counts though

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Orinsul View Post
    I get that, I just reckon it could be a feature of the game that could be expanded on; e.g. events regarding inquisition of provinces or people.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Kagernaut View Post
    Doesn't seem to work on Dukes or Counts though
    Oh, I do seem to remember having that option for one of my Dukes. Didn't use it - liked the guy, you see...

+ Reply to Thread