• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Siroso

Corporal
2 Badges
Nov 2, 2011
  • Magicka
  • 500k Club
After the water pushback was nerfed, cannonballing became a lot less useful and a lot less fun.
Never fear, however, as I have found a method that is even more inefficient than qrweqq (or qrseqq) then qrqrqrde originally seemed.

The method is as follows:

Spin round so your back faces your enemy,you need to make a small counter-clockwise aim adjustment for some models.
Standard cast a rock wall, ed.
Hold the block key, and cast wdqq or wdqqq (or sdqq) with standard cast, but hold your right click down.
Then type your ice shield, qrqrqrde.
Release the block key, which will cause your wdqq to begin charging. Whenever you like (it can be fast) let go of right click, and quickly hit self cast to get your ice shield up.

I find the speed of the sdqq movement to be too fast to cast qrqrqrde in time, hence the convoluted block trick.

Don't know if that makes any sense, but try it for teh lulz!

Last edited:
REWQQQ was never nerfed so far as I can tell, it still cannonballs quite well. I've killed piker with it so it can't be THAT bad :p.

The minor rotation adjustment really ruins a wdqqq approach imo. I can cast fast enough to put the ice armor on while still in the air, but if you can't aim it reliably there's little point.

That block trick is awesome, need to find a way to abuse it.

EDIT: So far I've got aerial bombardment: se self cast. se mines, block de, queue meteor, release block, drop meteor while in midair. Video imminent.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZnPEe5YRYQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
The range of rewqqq has been about halved I think?
The rotation is tricky for the wdqq, but I think it's something I'd get used to eventually. Also the zombie robe, for example, doesn't have that problem.

I love your aerial bombardment! So cool. If you pulled that off in a game... oh man... that would be ridiculous.